Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel? Remake?

Caliane

Is the original worth playing now if I've never done so?
to come back to this, now its confirmed, sequal not remake.

yeah, its still very good. its in the Duex ex style of rpgs.
unofficial fan patch is essential. theres some other solid mods.
Don't open it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
to come back to this, now its confirmed, sequal not remake.

yeah, its still very good. its in the Duex ex style of rpgs.
unofficial fan patch is essential. theres some other solid mods.
Don't open it.

I'm playing through it with the fan mod 10.2 now. I already had the chick tell me "Don't open it" which I assume means the sarcophagus. In any case, it is pretty great but definitely old.

The katana is badass, but I usually roll with the fire axe.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

tiresome.mp4

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone who has paid even a slight amount of attention to the last decade of the Vampire tabletop RPG series knew this was coming unfortunately.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Knew this would be how it would turn out as soon as I saw Paradox's name on it. The company is infested.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, odds were high this was gonna be a smelly fart.

Oh well. Stick to EU4 or something, Paradox. You can't really fuck that up TOO bad.

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Well, that went from intriguing to bad in no time

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I left a negative comment on the Paradox Interactive YouTube trailer and it lasted less than a day.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
It's what makes bloodlines special. Shit like this is exactly what I assume is going to be in a vampire game.

You remember real goths, chuk. Anything went. The weirder and creepier the better.

Bloodlines hinted at that kinda with that flesh sculptor faction. The mages who were just gettin weeeeeeeird.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's what makes bloodlines special. Shit like this is exactly what I assume is going to be in a vampire game.

You remember real goths, chuk. Anything went. The weirder and creepier the better.

Bloodlines hinted at that kinda with that flesh sculptor faction. The mages who were just gettin weeeeeeeird.
the real goths i remember from the 90s were into Type-O Negative and Ministry and they wore curbstompers and circle danced, bloodying each other up in mock fights. when did they become queer faggots?

iannis

Musty Nester
Our goths weren't of that veriety. Ours were girls cutting themselves listening to the cure.

You didn't have to dress in black to fight to ministry. Ministry was pretty mainstream. I mean it was still rough and tumble, but that's ministry.

Hell, I listened to some ministry last month. It holds up.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Our goths weren't of that veriety. Ours were girls cutting themselves listening to the cure.

You didn't have to dress in black to fight to ministry. Ministry was pretty mainstream.

Hell, I listened to some ministry last month. It holds up.
those southpark people were real? i thought they were just making fun of the culture by exaggerating it. i think when i was still clubbing, we called those weird kids, "Trendies". kids who thought something was hot so they pretended to be interested in it for ten minutes and then noped out for something else.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I used to read Vampire: The Masquerade books, just for the lore. I never once played the game in the P+P format. I had most of the cards for the card game and I loved the original Vampire game. I also read Rage books just for fun. Whitewolf's 'Darkness'(tm) universe was fascinating.

But Whitewolf seems to have caught the contagion now, which I find truly sad. Their world was dark and pragmatic and psychological and sociological and arithmatic. Now it's postmodern and progressive and 'correct' on a political level.

What a god damn shame.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity