Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
OT? Old Targonor?

We farmed the tiny boss there for a while.

Then did elementals in Island of garuzamut

To many level 50+ items that we couldn't equip.

Now farming APW. Something port warehouse
What’s your character name? And why can’t I PM you on here?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Been out of pocket for a week, should be on some this weekend starting Sunday. Get some grouping going.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My knowledge on this game is next to nothing but I wish that wasn't the case so I could help more.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Flying around checking out stuff I missed after I quit. Really miss my quest griffin and raid wyvern, they were much faster. I think even Randolph the reindeer was faster than the starting Pegasus lol

Ridas

Pay to play forum
They had double the speed I think. I am doing wardship armor at the moment. It is nostalgia overload. I used to do that on my first char with a static trio on a pvp server. It was great fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been running around with aggro off and grabbing some screens. Almost all the performance issues disappear on a modern pc, still looks amazing for a 2006 game.

ScreenShot_00112.jpg
ScreenShot_00116.jpg
ScreenShot_00125.jpg
ScreenShot_00136.jpg
ScreenShot_00143.jpg
ScreenShot_00150.jpg
ScreenShot_00185.jpg
ScreenShot_00190.jpg
ScreenShot_00202.jpg
ScreenShot_00207.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A company could definitely draw a lot of inspiration from the architecture and mobs in Vanguard. Much less a lot of the class features. Its wild how in some screen grabs, theres this awesome / well designed piece of content and then right next to it is something that looks like its from '99. Like the river next to the town in that last one, lol.

Imagine what they could have done if something as complete as Unreal Engine 5 had came out back then.

• 2Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
How did you get the wyvern? One of my items I wish I could get back.
You used to be able to get almost any item off the exchange for no cost, I think they removed it. One of the devs said they might add NPC's that will give you gear/mounts for testing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You used to be able to get almost any item off the exchange for no cost, I think they removed it. One of the devs said they might add NPC's that will give you gear/mounts for testing.
Ah ok. I’ve looked at the AH but there’s nothing on there anymore except what players put up.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I remember someone on here asking about learned abilities Blood mage / Psionicist (partially), Druid (Next sever update), Necromancer (Need to script the books and add them to the NPC loot list) all other classes learned abilities are in and working.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
For those who haven't seen it this is the AA UI they were working on adding in.

ScreenShot_00177.JPG

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loved the class defining Luclin AA's.

Would have been amazing to see what more depth to combat they could have added-- as I can see a "class" AA tab there as well. You wonder if there was a fully completed design document already done for all the classes AA's. Vanguard combat was already great, AA's would have been really fun.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Loved the class defining Luclin AA's.

Would have been amazing to see what more depth to combat they could have added-- as I can see a "class" AA tab there as well. You wonder if there was a fully completed design document already done for all the classes AA's. Vanguard combat was already great, AA's would have been really fun.
Im guessing it was never put into the retail version? I wonder if it was Exp based AA's or if it was exploration based AA's (ie. Sky Shards in Elder Scrolls)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Im guessing it was never put into the retail version? I wonder if it was Exp based AA's or if it was exploration based AA's (ie. Sky Shards in Elder Scrolls)
Yeah AAs were not in VG retail. It was something they talked about planning for since before it even released but once release flopped all the plans died.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
AA system would have been so much better than the lvl 55 increase.
Yes it would have. That increase really sucked. Then they made it worse by artificially fucked with the exp range of the mobs so you could only farm that one island for exp. It wasn’t fun grinding to 55 but AEing older content was at least fun sometimes. I fucking hated that entire decision from Silius. That island and KDQ sucked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user