Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Vanguard really had the scale, size of the world down. The screens of those dungeons are really badass. How remote and large some of those dungeons are just gives them a really dangerous feel. It's really a shame about the game.

Awesome work on the emu so far. How are the classes currently looking combat wise?
I think most of them are pretty complete. I think the shaman still needs the most work? From the few classes I tried in the emu they’re working.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think most of them are pretty complete. I think the shaman still needs the most work? From the few classes I tried in the emu they’re working.
Monk was in pretty rough shape last time I played, some of the spells and stances didn't work so you were basically cannon fodder when soloing.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a little update rogues abilities should be 100% and Warriors will be at 99% once I update the server code I still need to write some server code for Ironfoe. I'm going to be spending most of my time just on class abilities I want to get them finished. I was finally able to tracked down the issue with the "Invalid item stack chance message" that has been happening for awhile thanks to the player "watchitgrow". Reworked DL Dreadful Countenace so it now acts like it did during live with the passive AE and UI element. There has been a ton of other fixes/additions which can be read in our Dev/content channel.

• 13Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 14 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just a little update rogues abilities should be 100% and Warriors will be at 99% once I update the server code I still need to write some server code for Ironfoe. I'm going to be spending most of my time just on class abilities I want to get them finished. I was finally able to tracked down the issue with the "Invalid item stack chance message" that has been happening for awhile thanks to the player "watchitgrow". Reworked DL Dreadful Countenace so it now acts like it did during live with the passive AE and UI element. There has been a ton of other fixes/additions which can be read in our Dev/content channel.

We don't deserve you

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob

Would you like to be my wife's boyfriend?

• 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This Jakkal guy they got working on this project is a good one too. Been following some of his stuff on the content etc.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

When you gonna get them monk shits going?

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Soon on the monk I just finished writing the backend code for Ranger forms so should be live on Monday we have had a rise in players since Nathan Napalm has been streaming we hit over 70 so far today and the server didn't blow up so far so that is a plus. :)

• 13Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't wait for a soft launch of this, playing on EQ2 Varsoon reminded how much better VG's combat is.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Never seen the player count this high before
1658603865220.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
About two months until I can play an MMO any reasonable amount of time again. Probably make sure it’s loaded correctly in august. Mid 20s disciple down to do dungeons! Have never played vanguard beyond this so very interested in crawling dungeons.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just comitted the code for Bard Form support (Dance of Blades, Water Dance and Careen of the Cunning) and that should finish up all the class forms. Updated the login server and world server code to C++20 and a good many other additions/fixes sicne my last post. We also hit a new high of 115 online was really glad the server didn't blow up. :)

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I can see the brown at the end of the tunnel. I'll be there day 1.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do AMD users still have to use a third-party program to make the game run in single-core mode?

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do AMD users still have to use a third-party program to make the game run in single-core mode?
Nope not needed anymore. :)

Since master looter system was such a mess I implemented a new version of master looter something that should have been in the game since day one. The old way is still there and easy to use that if a player want's to. A short video showing off the new master loot system is in our announcement channel on discord but here is the text from that post.

So when master looting did you ever have trouble spelling a characters name or maybe the person forgot they had that unique item and it became soulbound to them even though they couldn't accept it or just tired of going /giveplayerlootitem Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff {item link} well we here at VGOEmu think you deserve better so I'm proud to announce Master Loot System 2.0. This new system will be on by default but you can swap back to the old system by typing .masterloot but I'm not sure why you would since this is something that should have been in the live game from day one. Here is the basic rundown when you right click a item while being master looter you will get a list of names in your chat window of all eligible loot recipients. Figure out who you want to give the item too and click that name and you will get a confirmation box with the item name and rarity color along with the player's name you have chosen. Now all you need to do is click yes or no and you are done. We hope you enjoy this new system and thanks for playing.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I submitted a fix for that as my Threadripper wasn't working. The best way to fix bugs as an engineer is to be pissed off that your hardware doesn't run a game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user