Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yes it would have. That increase really sucked. Then they made it worse by artificially fucked with the exp range of the mobs so you could only farm that one island for exp. It wasn’t fun grinding to 55 but AEing older content was at least fun sometimes. I fucking hated that entire decision from Silius. That island and KDQ sucked.

Absolutely true. I need to check this emu out. My guild, Xanit K'Ven, was server first for kotasoth in Ancient Port Warehouse on the pvp server, and I think I enjoyed the raid/pvp scene on Sartok around like 2007/2008 more than any other MMO experience. So much fun racing against Havoc for all the server firsts, and pvping to defend different areas, etc..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to Stiirhad, the massive mountain with dark elves and dragons that was never finished. The dungeon is huge, real huge, Nusibe Necropolis huge... I got lost a number of times. It's a dark elf city with molten caverns in the center with a giant dragon at the end.

ScreenShot_00372.jpg
ScreenShot_00441.jpg
ScreenShot_00445.jpg
ScreenShot_00410.jpg
ScreenShot_00412.jpg
ScreenShot_00447.jpg
ScreenShot_00551.jpg
ScreenShot_00555.jpg
ScreenShot_00550.jpg
ScreenShot_00451.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Never saw that place, that’s pretty badass. I logged in the other day looking for city of brass but couldn’t find it. Not sure if it’s not in or I was just looking in the wrong spots. The game is so fucking huge it’s hard to tell.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The areas you need to teleport to that require a questline like City of Brass or Cave of Wonders can't be reached yet unless you're a dev. I asked on their discord and he said they might add npc's that have teleports to those zones at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some bonus screens of the mountain. There's a caldera at the very top, no entrance to another dungeon.. probably a world raid mob was designed to be put there if I had to guess.
ScreenShot_00429.jpg
ScreenShot_00424.jpg
ScreenShot_00427.jpg
ScreenShot_00433.jpg
ScreenShot_00413.jpg
ScreenShot_00401.jpg
ScreenShot_00436.jpg
ScreenShot_00440.jpg
ScreenShot_00381.jpg
ScreenShot_00384.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Too see all that work, all those assets, and know it never got even remotely used is sad. Game feels like a museum or something.

• 4Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Was Garuzamat The World Eater ever implemented? Always wanted to know what he did. I was still playing when the populated that area with the four towers and the big chains. I think we killed bosses up there cause I remember raiding in that area but we didn’t spawn that guy, if he’s able to be spawned and not just the apparition form he’s in. Clearing the bridge before him was so tedious and boring. And those fucking sharks in the water that basically one shot you if you fell in.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some bonus screens of the mountain. There's a caldera at the very top, no entrance to another dungeon.. probably a world raid mob was designed to be put there if I had to guess.View attachment 396730View attachment 396731View attachment 396732View attachment 396733View attachment 396734View attachment 396735View attachment 396736View attachment 396737View attachment 396738View attachment 396739

That's fucking epic. New World with all modern assets missed the mark completely, despite having a chance to do it real big on an overland game of that type.

The sweep and scale, the overall vision of the world, is something unique to Vanguard that these games just completely missed.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Too see all that work, all those assets, and know it never got even remotely used is sad. Game feels like a museum or something.

What's even sadder is it hasn't been done ever again. Massive overland adventure.

It exposes how degraded and smoothbrain world design is now. "Just make a few tents and put a flat surface" I.E. Albion online

Pantheon I guess has that going for it-- although I doubt it will ever get funding or sold to a real studio.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm curious what the plan is for the first non-test server Xinux? Are you going to do a soft launch once all the lvl 1-20 or 1-30 is complete? Or only when 1-50 is complete?

• 1Like

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm curious what the plan is for the first non-test server Xinux? Are you going to do a soft launch once all the lvl 1-20 or 1-30 is complete? Or only when 1-50 is complete?
You can do 1-25ish without to much trouble I personally would like to have enough content for someone to go from 1 - 50 but we will see. Had 3 groups doing APW tonight for fun (Not tuned or cleaned up) saw a few things I needed to fix when it came to raids.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
looks better than Pantheon. The bar has been set, VR!
I would have preferred they just raised money to buy vanguard, fixed it up some with the large team, added some content, and rereleased it.

• 4Like

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
How far are the quest lines developed into the original (non Isle) newbie zones? Is it possible to level a noob on Kojan currently or would you run out of finished quests?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How far are the quest lines developed into the original (non Isle) newbie zones? Is it possible to level a noob on Kojan currently or would you run out of finished quests?
I was questing without issue into early 20s. I did kojan into teens til I got bored and went to thestra.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Vanguard really had the scale, size of the world down. The screens of those dungeons are really badass. How remote and large some of those dungeons are just gives them a really dangerous feel. It's really a shame about the game.

Awesome work on the emu so far. How are the classes currently looking combat wise?