Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yes and all classes are good, healer type and anything else will work. Anything green gets heals including druid even though it isn’t listed under healers.
So I'm gonna roll a Psionicist, got the client installed and tested logging in today. got to character creation no problem. been mostly soloing my necro on p99 green. all of level 5 there!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fucking around on a Ranger while awaiting group action. Damn good game

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So tempting. I just want it to be fully operational so I can go after it in earnest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'll roll Bard to dick around in this. Don't know how much time I have to play though after this weekend. I always liked vanguard. Do you start in the newb city or hometown for easy exp?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Oh my god this is great. Can bard solo? Or should I just go ranger? Played disciple in OG game so might fuck with that but want to try something new. Hell maybe a caster. Fucking A

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the disciple is an amazing class. I mained a bard but my buddy mained a disc and we would duo so much content with that combo. I ended up making a disc alt and he made a bard alt and we grouped those to max. I ended up playing the disc as much as possible outside raids. I also had a blood mage maxed which was an interesting healer/wizard combo. Disciple blows Blood Mage out of the water imo. It was so much more interactive and steady healing and dps.

Bard is fun to level up with modifying the songs and stuff but you really don’t switch songs much. It was a really boring main for raids even though I was top dps on most raid mobs. You just cycled 3 macros with a song playing. It was extremely fun in dungeons while charming and fighting and your song adding so much dps. I remember we were clearing the pyramids before it would respawn, had to wait. Grouping with and without a bard is extremely noticeable on the groups dps. Was kind of funny when some classes would get mad at the raid parse and bards were top dps even without adding in all the dps their song gave, they were really broken, needed tuned down. They fucking SUCKED at soloing though their dot songs and bow damage were fucking horrible. Yeah you could kill some ridiculous shit but you had to kite it for hours.

Ranger is good low and mid game but falls off at the top. There’s no top so that doesn’t matter here! Psionicist was a fun class, as was dread knight. Cleric is well done (they melee like dnd clerics) but not a solo class at all. They never die but kill so slowly. Necro was really fun, putting together your abomination pet with monster parts. It played pretty much like eq necro.

Sorcerer was pretty boring imo. Druid was similar to Sorc enough I thought it was boring too. Warrior was boring to me but eq warriors loved it, they could get really high dps on some mobs.

Don’t think I played any of the rest of the classes enough to comment on them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh my god this is great. Can bard solo? Or should I just go ranger? Played disciple in OG game so might fuck with that but want to try something new. Hell maybe a caster. Fucking A
Everyone can solo in the low game. Mid game to top, bard sucks at solo. They’re an omg must have in the group class though. Speeds everything way up.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1640911432322.png

got the twank ready

Crushed that first lvl 10ish dungeon with shaman pal

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Got a blood mage up to 12 paired with the wife's sorcerer.

We were grinding on level 17-19 mobs from 10-12, is that normal? Lol

All in all pretty damn fun imo

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
is there global chat of some sort?

also are the commands like /setlevel real? if so it would be a bummer