Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

calla_sl

shitlord
finally found syranoth yay. loot is upgraded kota loot but with the way the new aug system was set up, its actually pretty op. kind of an easy fight depending on the group. too bad all of this is meaningless =/

calla_sl

shitlord
well, i was going to start doing the emulator stuff but the more i play, the angrier i get. so my guild has now killed syranoth and one of the named in hoss, each fully scripted (albiet a bit overpowered) each fully itemized.

fuck you soe

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
well, i was going to start doing the emulator stuff but the more i play, the angrier i get. so my guild has now killed syranoth and one of the named in hoss, each fully scripted (albiet a bit overpowered) each fully itemized.

fuck you soe
Maybe you'll unlock some AA's. Those were near finished in 2009 as well

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
I knew Vanguard was not played all that much in some areas, but I had no idea it was this bad. I went to Martok on my 50DK and went to the old 15-24 gulgethor fortress with the four corners. That's where I started in original Vanguard with my friends and I was still bound there so I recalled. Well, I get to the fortress and begin clearing the phs in each corner. Finally, I got one of the name to spawn and I killed it.... I shit you not I got worldfirst on some level 23 pants. You cannot find anything on that fortress online but I did that heavily in the beginning week or two with a group and thought the game had so much potential except the memory leaks. What I find so sad about this, is that if the same designer who did the orc and goblin starting lines had the time to do the rest, that game would have had a much better feel level 1-25. Anyway started a new goblin today and going to take him over to martok since they shitted up his initial quest line. Have a group of 3 others joining me if anyone else is interested. Plan on heading to the gulgethor fortress for old times sake this weekend.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much bigger would you say vanguards game world is compared to say, vanilla wow or swtor? Vanguard did not release any purchasable expansions I believe? So would be a fair comparison.

calla_sl

shitlord
didnt play swtor but vg dwarfs vanilla wow easily. there were no purchasable expansions because there are no instances and you can literally go to any chunk you want as long as you survive

Pironin_sl

shitlord
So, I was involved very very heavily with Vanguard during alpha/beta/release. I hosted radio shows back when tentonhammer was fairly new. I knew the game was a steaming pile of shit but I refused to believe it because the hype train was something on a whole new level. Even the War Hammer mmo hype train had NOTHING on this one. The biggest issue I noticed was the game had too much space and not enough content. I mean you could literally run for hours on end and find nothing but empty land. I always felt it was comparable to cooking one green bean in a big ass pot. The other fact that it tried to do absolutely too much and it tried to go too far ahead of the game. Nobody was going to go out and purchase a new PC for a game. People tried to play it on what they had and that obviously didn't work. The game died very fast and you all know the rest.

I have tried to go back and play many times. I just get very sad each time knowing how good the classes were compared to anything else out there on the market and how shitty everything else was. I still to this very day search for that mmo VG tried so mightily (or not) to be. GG Sigil you fucks!

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, I get to the fortress and begin clearing the phs in each corner. Finally, I got one of the name to spawn and I killed it.... I shit you not I got worldfirst on some level 23 pants.
I got into VG about a year and a half ago and had this happen several times. The first time was in what was essentially a rip off of Castle Mistmoore. Popped some random name and got the world first on a shitty lvl 20ish item. It didn't happen again until I was maxed out and checking out places I had never been. There is some really cool castle in this jungle area in the desert, ran around there from top to bottom and found a ton of server first shit that had really nice EEs for the level range. Every time it happened I had a similar mind blown moment. How a game had been out for so long and yet still had items no one had ever seen before is crazy.

I came into the game for the first time very late but I had an awesome time going from 1 to 55 and as much of a pain in the ass grinding rep in KDQ was for POTA it felt pretty awesome to finally kill sisters and get the epics on my Bard. I haven't touched the game in about a year now but it is still kinda sad to know that it will be going away soon. For awhile it seemed like it was finally going to go some where with the opening of CoB and there being an actually Dev team but I guess it just wasn't enough. I never got to experience an MMO that I invested time into actually closing down. I don't regret the time I spent playing it but it feels weird to know that everything I had worked for will be gone. Hell the first MMO type game I played was The Realm back in the mid 90s and that shit is still up and running. I just never think that these games will actually go away as the ones I've played are still here and I could log on and pick up where I left off years ago at anytime I want.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Weekly reminder: if you are a fan join in the emu effort. I believe the devs hope to eventually make a new client. Right now though, they need data, lots and lots of data.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I think the item discoveries break every time they patch or something? I found some in that low level cave near dorftown last time I played a bunch.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
Item discoveries got reset every time they merged servers for sure. Had a bunch of launch disco's and it all got reset when they did the first round of server mergers.