Veep

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
millions of years of human / hominid / Ape / Mammal evolution cares about waking up before the sun. It's beer o clock somewhere, you can drink whenever the fuck you want. Also, the men who invented DST also invented this thing called Electricity? maybe you've heard of it. Turn your lights on and pop open a cold one it's all good.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Ahh you poor half enlightened souls.

there's 3 topics, pet peeves, which I am passionate about. I don't care what's going on or what the topic is, I will come out of the woodwork to shit all over anyone doing these 3 things, in order:

1. Driving slow in the fast lane
2. Talking shit about DST
3. Labeling Mass Effect Andromeda anywhere higher than "absolute dogshit"

Don't give a fuck if it's at your wedding, when the preacher says "if anyone knows of any reason why these 2 should not be together..." and I'll cut him off and shit all over you for doing one of those 3 things.

Now regarding #2.

Where do you live? Tell me, is life sustaining water, that thing you need to drink every single day in order to not die, is it frozen solid for months on end during the winter? Congratulations you are an idiot and you can't possibly understand the glory that is DST. You live so far from the equator and the sun's angles are so indirect you've had to evolve to supplement the vitamin D you aren't getting from nature by taking direct injections of the D, mostly Pos Load D, straight up your colon. go fuck yourself you have no voice in the DST debate.

Now if you aren't some daywalker retard and you do live where people are supposed to live, then you understand that humans are diurnal creatures whose melatonin production (which controls sleep cycles) is controlled by the sun. For millions of years us and our ancestors have evolved to wake up when the sun is coming up. It's nature's alarm clock. Birds know it, rabbits know it. whether its roosters and cows on the farm or it's pigeons and stray cats in the city, nature is telling you when to wake up.

Then, very very recently in the grand scheme of things, we decided to invent this thing called Time and clocks. And we stopped waking up with the sun and started waking up at the same arbitrary time every single day, despite the fact that the daylight of each day fluctuates on a cycle every year.

So while it's fine to wake up at 6 during late spring, summer, and early fall, when 6 is about the time the sun comes up; during the late fall, winter, and early spring it's still fucking dark outside. Great Americans, Great men, patriotic men, decided this was fucking stupid as shit to wake up before the sun came up. To get dressed by candlelight? to walk or ride your horse to work, and open your shops and businesses before the birds are singing? What madness was this?

So they said, you know what, fuck time. Fuck time for approx half the year. I don't care what time the clock says, i'm going to continue sleeping. I'll get up when the sun comes up and go fuck yourself with that "your an hour late to work" shit.

Khane has it exactly wrong. DST is simply waking up with the sun. The day light in winter is shorter than in the summer. If we didn't turn the clocks back during the winter months you'd be getting up, getting ready, and driving to work in the dark and it would still get dark by 5pm.

It doesn't matter what time it gets dark in the afternoon. You are already awake. It's not like you are some reverse vampire who must fall asleep as soon as the sun goes down, not even your grand parents or your children do that. Staying awake past sunset is normal natural thing that you will do pretty much for the entirety of your existence, but it is much, much more retarded to have to wake up before the sun.

edit: To keep this on topic, The character Jonah Ryan in the show VEEP is portraying the smartest human being on earth who supports abolishing DST. He is of course the dumbest person on a show about a bunch of imbeciles. That should tell you something about yourself, if you don't support DST.

What the fuck is this shit?

giphy.gif

McCheese

Back on topic, this was one of my favorite episodes in a long time. Richard was great as usual, and the whole "I'm not gonna rape the president" scene with Jonah was solid gold.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I liked when Kent took the phone just to correct Dan on the Grateful Dead lineup. Classic Kent move.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ahh you poor half enlightened souls.

there's 3 topics, pet peeves, which I am passionate about. I don't care what's going on or what the topic is, I will come out of the woodwork to shit all over anyone doing these 3 things, in order:

1. Driving slow in the fast lane
2. Talking shit about DST
3. Labeling Mass Effect Andromeda anywhere higher than "absolute dogshit"

Don't give a fuck if it's at your wedding, when the preacher says "if anyone knows of any reason why these 2 should not be together..." and I'll cut him off and shit all over you for doing one of those 3 things.

Now regarding #2.

Where do you live? Tell me, is life sustaining water, that thing you need to drink every single day in order to not die, is it frozen solid for months on end during the winter? Congratulations you are an idiot and you can't possibly understand the glory that is DST. You live so far from the equator and the sun's angles are so indirect you've had to evolve to supplement the vitamin D you aren't getting from nature by taking direct injections of the D, mostly Pos Load D, straight up your colon. go fuck yourself you have no voice in the DST debate.

Now if you aren't some daywalker retard and you do live where people are supposed to live, then you understand that humans are diurnal creatures whose melatonin production (which controls sleep cycles) is controlled by the sun. For millions of years us and our ancestors have evolved to wake up when the sun is coming up. It's nature's alarm clock. Birds know it, rabbits know it. whether its roosters and cows on the farm or it's pigeons and stray cats in the city, nature is telling you when to wake up.

Then, very very recently in the grand scheme of things, we decided to invent this thing called Time and clocks. And we stopped waking up with the sun and started waking up at the same arbitrary time every single day, despite the fact that the daylight of each day fluctuates on a cycle every year.

So while it's fine to wake up at 6 during late spring, summer, and early fall, when 6 is about the time the sun comes up; during the late fall, winter, and early spring it's still fucking dark outside. Great Americans, Great men, patriotic men, decided this was fucking stupid as shit to wake up before the sun came up. To get dressed by candlelight? to walk or ride your horse to work, and open your shops and businesses before the birds are singing? What madness was this?

So they said, you know what, fuck time. Fuck time for approx half the year. I don't care what time the clock says, i'm going to continue sleeping. I'll get up when the sun comes up and go fuck yourself with that "your an hour late to work" shit.

Khane has it exactly wrong. DST is simply waking up with the sun. The day light in winter is shorter than in the summer. If we didn't turn the clocks back during the winter months you'd be getting up, getting ready, and driving to work in the dark and it would still get dark by 5pm.

It doesn't matter what time it gets dark in the afternoon. You are already awake. It's not like you are some reverse vampire who must fall asleep as soon as the sun goes down, not even your grand parents or your children do that. Staying awake past sunset is normal natural thing that you will do pretty much for the entirety of your existence, but it is much, much more retarded to have to wake up before the sun.

edit: To keep this on topic, The character Jonah Ryan in the show VEEP is portraying the smartest human being on earth who supports abolishing DST. He is of course the dumbest person on a show about a bunch of imbeciles. That should tell you something about yourself, if you don't support DST.

God damn you are the shittiest fucking poster I've ever seen

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Peter Macnicol fucking killed it. Amazing. Only he can one up Jonah himself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Am I Jewish? hahaha

No, wishes belong in the bottom of a well, with unwanted girl children.

McCheese

Another great episode. I actually started feeling bad for Jonah, which is impressive considering what an ass he is and always has been. I hope he finds a way to fail upward again.

Dan's side remark of something like, 'I thought about teaching high school but girls these days can't keep secrets' was this episode's winner for me.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Knuckle dragging tranny, or girls can't keep their mouth shut, I can't remember which had me physically on the floor but my eyes went red laughing.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they're basically swinging the pendulum back. Everyone is going to be back in Selena's camp and Jonah is going to be the powerless jizz rag. She's going to have some new found bump from the Tibet thing and spin it and end up running for something other than President. At first this season I missed all of her aides not being together, but they worked it out pretty nicely. Kent and Bent together was definitely a great partnership and I guess Danny works with anyone as he basically just acts like a dick no matter who he's talking to. I just want some Ben and Richard interactions or Kent and Selena. Some of those are the best.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hope jonah keeps failing upwards, hes been my favorite past the last 2 season

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I will truly miss the Jonah Kent Ben triangle, however Kent and Ben honestly are too funny to just spend all day putting Jonah down, they need to be attacking everyone like season 4.