Venom (2018)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm behind it and think it will be great. However, Marvel Films' blasphemies will never be forgotten.

Last edited:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I learned the correct way to pronounce symbiote from Stargate. Teal'c said it multiple times per episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spiderman 3 took the guy who was supposed to be Carnage and turned him into Sandman right? I think that made me the angriest, not Iron Man 3 angry but definitely up there.

What? Spiderman 3's Venom origin was basically straight out of the comics. I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics since I've mostly blocked that awful movie out, but Brock repeatedly gets screwed by Peter and/or Spiderman, is webbed down below when Spiderman forces his way out of the symbolbiotic and it drips down onto him and bonds with him.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Venom was OK in it. No issue with any of that.

But the guy becoming Sandman instead of Carnage was wrong, no? When I saw the striped shirt, red hair etc I was like aw yiss. Then he became Sandman and I clawed my arm rest.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spiderman 3 took the guy who was supposed to be Carnage and turned him into Sandman right? I think that made me the angriest, not Iron Man 3 angry but definitely up there.

If Carnage is in this and he isn't a nut House patient that murders... riot.

No. Thomas Haden Church was playing Flint Marko.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Venom was OK in it. No issue with any of that.

But the guy becoming Sandman instead of Carnage was wrong, no? When I saw the striped shirt, red hair etc I was like aw yiss. Then he became Sandman and I clawed my arm rest.

Do you have even the slightest familiarity with comic books? Sandman's origin was more or less straight out of the comics as well, as was his appearance. Cletus Kasady was a 140 pound serial killer that became Carnage when the Venom symbolbiotic gave birth.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Eh maybe it was the way the guy looked. Hated Spidey 3.

Definitely posed that in the form of a question!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not a big comic book reader, but even I think it's a shame they took away the Spiderman aspect of Venom's origin story. I'm surprised they passed that up since the black and white Spiderman costume was pretty cool looking.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I think it can work fine. I mean yeah it's weird not having the Spiderman tie-in, but Brock was constantly going back and forth between villain and anti-hero so jumping straight to an anti-hero version of him isn't that big of a stretch, even if most of his time as an anti-hero was while bonded with the Anti-Venom or Toxin symbiotes. Be more interesting to see an anti-hero descend into outright villainy rather than another villain semi-reforming into an anti-hero.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure there’s a massive tie in Infinity War.

Not a big spoiler. And I could be wrong but I’m not.

Many in Thanos armies are clearly Klyntar

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
/shrug

Not sure if they'll throw in Carnage for the name recognition, but the story almost point-for-point seems to set up the Five Symbiote thing .. e.g. that Foundation group "forcing" people to bond with a Symbiote resulting in slightly weaker, more one-note versions of Venom.

Screen-Shot-2017-10-18-at-5.58.59-PM.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure there’s a massive tie in Infinity War.

Not a big spoiler. And I could be wrong but I’m not.

Many in Thanos armies are clearly Klyntar

Great so I can't just write this movie off as a standalone bastard sheep now.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
/shrug

Not sure if they'll throw in Carnage for the name recognition, but the story almost point-for-point seems to set up the Five Symbiote thing .. e.g. that Foundation group "forcing" people to bond with a Symbiote resulting in slightly weaker, more one-note versions of Venom.

It would interesting if they eventually broke out the symbiote-eating Phage in another movie.

Xevy

Log Wizard
According to new Comic Con footage: it's going to be funny and violent and dark.

Hurrah! Venom's going to murder people graphically so as long as he kills like 100 guys it'll be worthwhile, probably. Also said he won't have the spider on his chest b/c he's not at all connected to Spiderman so it wouldn't make sense.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Hmmm. OK. Couple amazing scenes in there (like the giant blades). Not sure if I dig how Tom Hardy is portraying Eddie Brock, but I guess it makes sense if you isolate him outside of the Spider-Man universe and that whole correlation. The voice is weird, though after Bane, it could be a lot worse.