Vermintide 2

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
This must be some story.... lol

With my knife in my hands, I was holding on to a stack of boxes by a strap. Strap decided it was a great time to fail, so as I lost the boxes my arm went up. Blade went straight through the tip of my nose into my nostril. I bled like a pig.

I'd play with you guys but I do weird sounds with my nose. Unless I went push-to-talk. If you have no one to play with, for Recruit difficulty at least the bots do a great job. They won't pick up books (they pick up tomes but will drop them for healing items) but they'll stick close to you which is more than I can say about 75% of PUG dudes.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
With my knife in my hands, I was holding on to a stack of boxes by a strap. Strap decided it was a great time to fail, so as I lost the boxes my arm went up. Blade went straight through the tip of my nose in to my nostril. I bled like a pig.

I'd play with you guys but I do weird sounds with my nose. Unless I went push-to-talk. If you have no one to play with, for Recruit difficulty at least the bots do a great job. They won't pick up books (they pick up tomes but will drop them for healing items) but they'll stick close to you which is more than I can say about 75% of PUG dudes.

But is there a way to only play with bots if I dont want PUGs? I've only had a bot once, after some dude left mid-game. Bot did a great job :p

*Edit: Maybe doing a Private game will work.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
But is there a way to only play with bots if I dont want PUGs? I've only had a bot once, after some dude left mid-game. Bot did a great job :p

Start a custom game, after choosing level and difficulty you can check a box for a private game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I did a few recruit games on my Witch Hunter since it was lvl 1 and god are some people fucking shit. The worst are like the lvl ~15 people that are somehow still complete shit even though you can more or less solo recruit besides the annoying assassins/hookrats/leeches. Bots are actually better in most cases, especially since I have the classes leveled. And so many people don't do grimoire/tome runs that it's pretty much the same especially when you take the average with people dying and wiping or the host disconnecting.

Veteran is overall better but if I see too many low lvls I also just leave, there's too many new players who just hit 120power doing veteran atm and they're completely clueless and bad. There's also sadly a bunch of experienced players doing veteran(lvl 20+ for example) but all they do is rush rush rush, don't ever check if someone is lagging behind and worst of all they don't know the tomes or grimoires so they just skip them, shit's fucking annoying, happened several games today. Like if you're experienced you should be maximizing this shit, not making it harder by rushing ahead like a retard even if you can mow down trash mobs super fast once you force spawn specials due to the alone mechanics you might just get everyone wiped and if you want to maximize then pick the goddamn tomes and grims(at least 1grim), it's a fuckton of xp and short of the jumping grims it only adds like 10secs to a run.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
downloading this now since it seems to be a hit. I never played the first, guess i'll be one of the shitty players mentioned above until i figure it out

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Playing recruit is fucking painful, so many potatoes....rather not try and level some of my level 1's because how bad it is.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Good god ironbreaker is amazing. Its like a whole new game from ranger.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there any good info about how loot works, etc? Should I always just equip my highest power items? Does that affect what power loot I get out of chests? etc etc

Oh, and how does scaling work? Does a high level in a party with low levels make stuff harder? Is it purely based off the difficulty level, or does the map choice also effect it?

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess that was one of the perks of starting the first game so late, the majority of the people still playing were just grinding max tome/grim NM runs so it was easy to jump right in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there any good info about how loot works, etc? Should I always just equip my highest power items? Does that affect what power loot I get out of chests? etc etc

Oh, and how does scaling work? Does a high level in a party with low levels make stuff harder? Is it purely based off the difficulty level, or does the map choice also effect it?
Power is your level*10 + item total/5. While you do want to equip higher power items, the difference is relatively small due to it being average between items and being also added to your character level. Just equip the best items, but upgrade to higher power every time it makes sense(if you really want say curse resistance on trinket, and you do, then it's worth keeping a lower trinket for a while until you find another with curse resistance for example). What you have equipped doesn't matter for what you get, the game simply saves the value of the highest power in that slot you've ever gotten, and uses that value when generating new items. You can just scrap the higher power items right after getting them if you're not equipping them it's fine.

There's no scaling, difficulty is based on the difficulty setting of the map. Recruit has recruit difficulty and so on. Some maps are naturally harder or easier due to events and such but not inherently more difficult by tweaking numbers. High levels do make it easier, although power levels are capped by difficulty(200 for recruit, 400 for veteran and 600for champ iirc), but the higher talents make high levels a lot more potent anyway, especially the lvl 20 talents.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Brikker Brikker yeah it was me...fucking ATT.
upload_2018-3-11_16-38-55.png

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged this.

WTF IS IT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO STAY TOGETHER!!!

Game is fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
My steam name is Muurloen. Rolling with a Merc Kruber. I'll be in the FOH Discord from time to time.

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This game is super fun. Finally got my first win with actual humans today. So far bots > people in recruit

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Doing a bot game is usually more effective than a PUG game. You just miss out on more tomes/grimoires typically. Much faster though with bots so maybe makes up for it.

My dorf is 13, Slayer is pretty fun but lacks range and maybe kinda squishy so I can see how it would be bad at higher difficulties.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can't wait for bot mods to be able to run champion 3tomes 2grims with bots only.

Slayer damage output is unreal and his leap is pretty good for control and stuff but yeah he's squishy(even with the talents to make you less squishy) and you need to really be on point with the blocks and dodges. They should give him a throwing axe on special button like Saltz has on rapier, not big damage but enough to stagger ranged shit to stop them from firing/channeling shit.

• 1Like