Vikings

Pretty much agree with all this, also what was the point of giving rolo the mushrooms? just so we could see him get up later and know immediately that the other guy wasn;t dead either? I think this show goes out of the way to spoil things, between the previews and the really bad foreshadowing/give aways.

Also yeah, sucks to be the first like 10 villagers who all got axed because ragnar wanted a true bait...why didn't they ambush him on the way in or at least clear the streets more? makes no sense he would let a bunch of villagers die for no reason AND just leave his brother unprotected. Like what if they sent 4 people after rolo, was he supposed to fight them all off with that leg?

Bad plot is bad.
I am not defending there script but ragnar could not leave everyone hidden or he would have gave message to Horic that something was up,futhermore they only knew Horic was coming sometime that day so he had to leave some on watch to make things look normal.
I have been surprised at how harsh the reviews have been the official reviews most them are pretty glowing about ragnar acting style that sometimes he can get expressions across without even speaking like the emotion of the headbutts of how angry he was that horic wanted to wipe them all out.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This show needs more England. Eckbert has become the most interesting character on the show, and the vikings are boring and predictable.

*Edit* And holy shit I just realized that King Horick was the dad on Grounded for Life.

This show needs more England. Eckbert has become the most interesting character on the show, and the vikings are boring and predictable.

*Edit* And holy shit I just realized that King Horick was the dad on Grounded for Life.
Season 3 news they are going to invade France and this time it wont be with less then dozen ships it will be hundreds, I read it on site if can find it again will link it, so we are going to get to see huge battles next year,writers,directors were commenting on how much has changed from few boats to dozen with men and women now next year will be hundreds when they invade.

'Vikings' Finale Scoop: Creator Reveals All, Including Next Stop On Ragnar's World Tour

here is part at the end the shows creator and lead writer is talking about season 3.

Looking ahead to Season 3, is King Ecbert going to be back?

Oh yeah, Ecbert is too great a character not to bring back, as is Princess Kwenthrith of Mercia [Amy Bailey].

She's quite a handful.

She is quite a handful, yeah. They're too good not to bring back. There's an ongoing situation in England where, of course, Ecbert has huge ambitions to be the king of kings, the ruler of all England. He's trying to use the Vikings to be part of that -- they're part of his ambitions. That will be a big part of Season 3, even before the Vikings go on and attack Paris.

The attack on Paris is a very, very famous event in history. Paris was this extraordinary city that the Romans had built, and [at that time, it was] on an island in the middle of the Seine. It had walls around it and towers and everything. And the Vikings attacked it with a hundred ships.

Wow.

It was an extraordinary event. The siege of Paris lasted a long time and led to many, many unexpected things. I've warned everyone in production -- "Hey, guys, I'm afraid in Season 3 we attack Paris with a hundred ships. So I hope you're ready."

It seems as though you're opening up the scope of the show more and more each season. Was that always the intent?

Yes. I've said that the show is not going to end until we discover America

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Siggy leaving Rolo the axe

I think she did that not cause of what you thought, but because she knew Horic was coming to kill all of ragnar family she wanted him to have a weapon to defend himself.
Yes so he could die in battle as a warrior and go to Valhalla presumably, that or she is bored of him. Had she and Ragnar really wanted him to live I could think of better ways than to leave him alone and in bed after recently rebreaking his leg.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Starts tonight!

Easily one of my favourite shows. I do wish it was on a channel that allowed a bit more of the blood and guts the Vikings were famous for, but the History Channel has done a great job with it so far.

McCheese

I'm glad this is back.

My biggest wish is that it had been on HBO so we'd get some Lagertha nudity. Oh well, no show is perfect!

McCheese

Good first episode. It was pretty stupid of the English army to divide themselves in half with no way to cross the river. I actually loled when the brother, seeing his uncle's army getting slaughtered, cried out something like "Why do they only attack one side of the river?!"

Also,between several of his scenes last season and his actions during this episode, King Ecbert is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Watching it on the History website is fucking horrific, with the amount of commercials you got to sit through (maybe it's as bad on TV, I don't know.) That said was decent 'nuff premiere. Can't wait til Princess Quinthwyffariffquiff gets hers.

...Also questioning why everyone is the series is starting to gravitate towards a weird hairstyle singularity.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His first wife (Lagertha) is about infinty times better looking than Princess Aslaug.

Good lord is that a beautiful woman!

Very good show, especially considering it is a History Channel production.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Did the princess orgasm when her uncle was killed? Or was that my imagination?