VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bridge crew is on psvr and is cross platform. You can use a PSVR with a PC with trinus or whatever but the tracking doesn't work or something.

I believe the target PSVR thing is just the headset and no camera? If I were you I'd go straight to the Skyrim version which is going to be $350 which comes with the camera/moves/skyrim instead.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AFAIK the cameraless bundle doesn't even exist anymore. It's just PSVR+Camera+GT Sport for $300 or PSVR+Camera+Moves+Skyrim for $350.

Siliconemelons

The target psVR, as far as I can tell is just the headset - so +50$ for a cam... and how much are wands? Suppose there are used variants of each I can track down before.

Skyrim and bridge crew would be the games I would want to play. And my boss has 2 occulus and 2 steams with bridge crew lol so I would play with him lol

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The Skyrim bundle is also the new headset/breakout box with HDR passthrough and the new Moves (just a change to micro usb)

I think the headset by itself is probably getting rid of old stock.

The wands are $99 but usually on sale for $89 and yeah you can find older ps3 ones but who knows what shape the batteries are in.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The target psVR, as far as I can tell is just the headset - so +50$ for a cam... and how much are wands? Suppose there are used variants of each I can track down before.

Skyrim and bridge crew would be the games I would want to play. And my boss has 2 occulus and 2 steams with bridge crew lol so I would play with him lol

Oh man if you get bridge crew you and I and daz will be playing drunk Saturday night.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The Skyrim bundle is also the new headset/breakout box with HDR passthrough and the new Moves (just a change to micro usb)

I think the headset by itself is probably getting rid of old stock.

The wands are $99 but usually on sale for $89 and yeah you can find older ps3 ones but who knows what shape the batteries are in.

Wands are still stupid expensive, even used. Probably because everyone is looking for them for Skyrim. I'm really looking forward to playing this one. I probably won't get this excited again until a really good VR MMO hits :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

$79 at Amazon for new wands right now. $30 x2 if you want to roll the dice on ancient batteries and get the PS3 ones.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

Dude streaming Skyrim VR, using DS4, been on for like 8 hours or something already though. Shit looks great to me. Can't fucking wait.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Playstation web store is doing blackfriday 100$ bundles so 350$ skyrim VR, headset, camera and 2 new wands.

Looks like gamestop is matching those offers + 50$ gift card if u buy the 200$ ps4...

So may do gamestop - but I have like 175$ in target gift cards lol.

now I have to find out the diff between ps4 and pro... but by all reports the normal 4 runs VR like a champ

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

Dude streaming Skyrim VR, using DS4, been on for like 8 hours or something already though. Shit looks great to me. Can't fucking wait.

Holy shit this looks so good. So I should be getting my copy today from Amazon...cannot...fucking...wait.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Playstation web store is doing blackfriday 100$ bundles so 350$ skyrim VR, headset, camera and 2 new wands.

Looks like gamestop is matching those offers + 50$ gift card if u buy the 200$ ps4...

So may do gamestop - but I have like 175$ in target gift cards lol.

now I have to find out the diff between ps4 and pro... but by all reports the normal 4 runs VR like a champ
The PS VR bundles should be that price basically everywhere. My days of going out to fight BF crowds are long over, especially thanks to the fucktard who started the trend of stores opening at 6PM on Thanksgiving, so I'm planning on getting it from Amazon. Not sure whether they'll have the discount going on Sunday like Sony said or if it won't go on until Thurs/Fri, but it seems like a given that it will happen. I would assume Target will do the same so you could buy the console at GS and go to Target for the PS VR to use your gift cards.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I’m not saying anything. You need to experience the first part all over again in VR by yourself! :)

Vorph

Are the disembodied weapons/hands somehow not really immersion breaking when you're playing it? It looks goofy as hell to me in the YouTube videos, especially watching someone try to aim the bow. I'm planning on playing heavy magic anyway since I already did a ridiculously overpowered "kill everything in one shot even on the highest difficulty" bow build on PC ages ago and I've never been a fan of Bethesda's melee combat systems. The downside there seems to be that dual wielding spells is pretty cool with Move controllers, but because they didn't bother putting a thumb stick on them you're stuck using the teleport movement. I think that's probably a deal-breaker so I'll likely use the DS4.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You can move freely using the moves. Appears the turning by using buttons isn't smooth move but I believe they'll patch that. You do not have to use teleport at all.