VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh, I thought that was why the 12 hour stream guy above said he didn't like the Moves and switched to DS4. How do you move around without a stick? Analog control was pretty important in vanilla Skyrim if you wanted to be sneaky, though I guess as a caster I can just use invis and Muffled Movement boots. Invis breaks with practically any action you take though iirc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Holy down triangle to turn sneak on I believe. He changed to the DS4 because he wasn't a fan of how many buttons he had to remember to use the moves, just easier to use a DS4. I can see going both ways. Apparently you can still use the DS4 if you turn it on after turning on the move mode and moves.

So maybe DS4 left hand and a move right?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I only used the ds4 controller so far. I wanted to take in the beauty and make sure I didn’t get sick with movement. But ill definitely be trying motion controls tomorrow. DS4 control is done VERY well. You can also just look at things and loot them by pressing your button. The game is fucking so immersive and gorgeous though in VR. From the cart ride. The dungeon initially. I cannot wait to play more.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Finally delivered and I have a friend coming over. I'm not doing this right at all. :/

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Are the disembodied weapons/hands somehow not really immersion breaking when you're playing it? It looks goofy as hell to me in the YouTube videos, especially watching someone try to aim the bow. I'm planning on playing heavy magic anyway since I already did a ridiculously overpowered "kill everything in one shot even on the highest difficulty" bow build on PC ages ago and I've never been a fan of Bethesda's melee combat systems. The downside there seems to be that dual wielding spells is pretty cool with Move controllers, but because they didn't bother putting a thumb stick on them you're stuck using the teleport movement. I think that's probably a deal-breaker so I'll likely use the DS4.

You can point left wand and hold a button down to move, no teleporting.

Siliconemelons

Are the disembodied weapons/hands somehow not really immersion breaking when you're playing it? It looks goofy as hell to me in the YouTube videos, especially watching someone try to aim the bow. I'm planning on playing heavy magic anyway since I already did a ridiculously overpowered "kill everything in one shot even on the highest difficulty" bow build on PC ages ago and I've never been a fan of Bethesda's melee combat systems. The downside there seems to be that dual wielding spells is pretty cool with Move controllers, but because they didn't bother putting a thumb stick on them you're stuck using the teleport movement. I think that's probably a deal-breaker so I'll likely use the DS4.

I cant say for PSVR - but when playing bridge crew on the rift, the hands feel natural after a while- but their controllers are very different than the glowing ball sticks for psvr

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How long are your game sessions with the move controllers before you just grab the DS4?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
How long are your game sessions with the move controllers before you just grab the DS4?

On skyrim? Not sure yet. But.... With other games none. Until Dawn Rush of Blood all moves all the time. Fantastic control. AIM controller for Far Point.

I owuld say, highly likely I will want to play this game (Skyrim) with DS4 if I want to be serious and actually play. But, I won't be able to report until tomorrow because its scotch time and @persiansoap @TJT and @goishen and I are balls deep into Div 2 right now.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
This game is incredible in VR. I don't know how they did it but I didn't even have a hint of motion sickness.

I played up through Bleak Falls Barrow and holy shit, that place is just fucking amazing in VR. I used the moves up until the dungeon then swapped over to the DS4 so I could see what the differences are.

I felt like I could probably use the moves 100% of the time, they're way more fun for spells and the bow but so far kinda hokey for one handers at least. I've read the shield is bugged and causes you to take out your weapons all the time in town so I haven't tried that yet. Movement wise with the move wands you just aim the left stick where you want to go and hit the top button, so if you want to strafe you point left/right, if you want to go backwards you actually point the move wand behind you almost.

Works well but if you actually want to turn you have to hit either the X or Circle on the right move wand. The problem with this is you have to keep hitting the buttons to turn, you can't just hold it down or anything so there is no real smooth turning with the wands. I really hope they look at this more. Almost seems like it'd make more sense to let you turn by pointing the right wand or something, wish these fucking things just had a stick on them. Either way I could easily see using these the entire time, especially if they make it so holding down the x or circle gives you smooth turning.

The DS4 was just simpler and of course you get smooth turning with the right stick and analog movement with the left. You aim by looking with the headset, works fine but aiming with the move wands is just more fun overall.

Game is so fucking immersive, I didn't even really care for Skyrim that much the first time I played it 6 years ago or whatever, it was cool for 20 or something hours then I just got bored and quit. I can't even imagine feeling that way this time, it's just so fucking epic being inside the world and seeing the scale of something like Bleak Falls Barrow in VR is a whole new experience.

I fucking love this game.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Fuck

I'm tempted to buy a PS4 and Skyrim VR bundle.

Fuck fuck fuck

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It's an awesome experience. Keep in mind the graphics are lowered some to keep it at 120fps (60 for each eye :p )

But it still looks better than the other PSVR games, and is huuuge to boot.

I havent yet figured out a way to backtrack while casting unless I just don't use my left hand to cast. Is there a way to double cast and walk backwards with the move controller?

Also, everytime my nose itches in real life, I almost burn my face off in game, never gets old ;)

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

We are all playing as females right, gatta have dem VR tittays

I mean...i am not alone right...

:-(

• 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
One thing that was weird for me. I couldn’t see myself in character customization. Did that happen to anyone else?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Saw myself fine in creation but thats the last time you'll see yourself lol. Not sure you can double cast while moving backwards. Other games I've played that you have full motion on the moves have had a button to go backwards. I know they've heard the complaints though so I think we'll see more options in the near future.

Had to fucking mow the lawn irl since in-laws are invading this week, everything taking up my god damn Skyrim VR time.

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I forgot how OP caster NPCs are in this game. I'm wrecking face, until I have a guy ice spike me dead in .5 seconds lol.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
After playing maxed out fully modded Skyrim on PC this version is so ugly! Tried it with wands and it is terrible, controller is a good time though.

Will likely keep playing, but it isn't OMFG spend 600 bucks to play it good.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, pretty much completely disagree with all that. There are plenty of other games worth playing as well so it's not just a Skyrim machine. But hey, if you have a Vive/Rift and can wait until next year I'm sure it'll be great on PC like always.

Also, I have no idea how it looks on an OG PS4 as I'm using a pro so I'd imagine it's uglier there as well.