VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Siliconemelons

Attempted to try psVR at bestbuy but they didn't have it set up, they are prepped for black Friday and have piles and piles of TVs and consoles all over - switch shortage LOL and shittons of 1g ps4's...

So I then just searched general "what headset works best with glasses" and everyone says psVR is better - so that's good. My current pair are wider than I normally get and do not fit nicely in the rift.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The PSVR lenses scratch VERY easily however so you have to be really careful with glasses. Some dude on ebay sells an extender kit or whatever to make sure your glasses can never hit the lenses for like $5 or something. Definitely check that out if you wear glasses.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah, pretty much completely disagree with all that. There are plenty of other games worth playing as well so it's not just a Skyrim machine. But hey, if you have a Vive/Rift and can wait until next year I'm sure it'll be great on PC like always.

Also, I have no idea how it looks on an OG PS4 as I'm using a pro so I'd imagine it's uglier there as well.

Yeah using PS4, don't have a pro yet.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah using PS4, don't have a pro yet.
Yeah I'm not sure how much better it is on PRO, it's certainly no maxxed out modded PC game, but I think it makes up for it in immersiveness. I'm having an amazing time. I DO want better move controllers though. Not being able to really control the speed at which I'm moving sucks and the turning sucks. It works and I'm having a great fucking time, but the hardware could easily be better.

That's just the thing though, give this another gen when we get 8k headsets, stronger gpu/cpus, and better (already existing) controllers/tracking...I can't even imagine. This is already blowing my mind, an old game on a console VR. The possibilities for this tech make me happy to be alive to see it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Og PS4 here. Yeah it looks like ps3 but I don’t care. I’m IN Skyrim! Love it so far. Face gets all sweaty and I feel slightly nauseous if I don’t take a 5 min break every 30 min but hoping I get used to it over time. Going to mess with comfort settings too to see if I can alleviate the blahs.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I took off all the comfort settings and am fine. I did get queasy in re7 and rigs when I started out but over time I got my VR legs. I haven't even been playing too much PSVR in the lead up to Skyrim but haven't felt even a second of sickness so far.

It does get better but my advice is if you start to feel sick, stop, take a break.

spronk

FPS noob
PSVR bundles on sale this week at gamestop $100 off all the bundles including the new ones with skyrim/doom/etc, prices are live but you should just go pick up in store instead of order for home delivery if you want one. should be same prices later this week at best buy, amazon, etc
https://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol Speobk I love your shit.

Edit eight years later. Sprink.

Edit 2 Spronk! Woot!

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PSVR bundles on sale this week at gamestop $100 off all the bundles including the new ones with skyrim/doom/etc, prices are live but you should just go pick up in store instead of order for home delivery if you want one. should be same prices later this week at best buy, amazon, etc
Amazon sale on that stuff is live now too. Just placed my order for the Skyrim bundle.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it seems that since it's a Sony promo rather than a store promo, it should be going on now at every participating retailer. Target, Best Buy, etc. all have the sale prices listed.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Looks like I'm hunting for a Skyrim bundle today.

If target - check online and try to buy - skyrim bundle will automatically kick you to pickup in store as its sold out online- it will show you if any are avail for pickup - or "limited stock- buy in store" or "out of stock" --- my local was "limited stock" and I got there and got the last one- they are all discounted in store to match the Sony prices.

So yay me! Good luck out there.

Apparently mother in law is buying "us" a PS4 so I have to wait... and I may...trade that in and get a Pro - and I am at the same expenditure cost I was planning... hurmmm

Siliconemelons

And while at the grocery store, got tomb raider with VR mode for 15$ yay haha

Edit: From redbox haha lol

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
FUCK, I can't decide between a Vive, PSVR or Anova (Sous Vide).

I really want the vive because I feel like i'll get way more use out of it than the PSVR since that shit will probably die with the PS4.

Siliconemelons

I doubt it will die, at worst it will be "pro-ed" like the PS4 itself.

I think the next "real generation" of consoles is years out as both MS and Sony have done a big revision and are sitting on that.

spronk

FPS noob
get the sous vide i have the older model anova one, a Rift, and a PSVR. I've never hooked up the PSVR, think the rift is meh, but love eating perfectly cooked steaks

VR is amazing the first time, not too bad the second time, and the third and later times you're just like "fuck... its hot... i'm uncomfortable... fuck these wires...". I'd 100% rather play just regular games on my TV than any VR game, of course I haven't tried skyrim or Doom but i don't really like either game anyways. Maybe if you put 1000+ hours into skyrim you'd feel different.

also get a big ass pot or something so you can have a proper water bath to put the sous vide machine into

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users