VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Jesus, I'm going to end up buying yet another version of Skyrim because of that video. Magic looks like it will be fun as fuck and walking through a Bethesda world in VR is like a dream.

People like to shit on VR, but Resident Evil 7 was legit one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, and this is a much larger open world. Very cool.

Yeah I still haven't finished RE7 because I am a gigantic wimp. Playing RE7 in VR was absolutely horrifying. I should restart and try again.

This will be absolutely epic. I am glad I only bought the main game and DLC on PC - so I do not mind double dipping for a full VR experience this time around. I may never take the headset off.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
My biggest question is mod support. I would be all over a VR Skyrim as long as it could at least support all the SSE mods out there. If it needs mods to be specially made for it then I will probably hold off until I see if the ecosystem materializes.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
PS paid for exclusivity for something like a year. So there may eventually be a VR patch for the PC but I wouldn't count on it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
My biggest question is mod support. I would be all over a VR Skyrim as long as it could at least support all the SSE mods out there. If it needs mods to be specially made for it then I will probably hold off until I see if the ecosystem materializes.

Yeah I do not think the PS4 version of special edition supports mods. Not sure though because I never bought it. I think the XBox One version does though. Still, it will have all the DLC (house building in VR will be fun too haha) and just the sheer scale of a gamer like this in virtual reality will be mind blowing. Luckily, I played through the DLC's, but missed a lot of the side questing for some guilds in the main game back when I played it on PC in 2011.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The PS4 "supports" mods but Sony went fucking stupid with restrictive rules. Basically to get a mod listed for Playstation support you can not have any custom textures/models in them which automatically bars 95% of the mods out there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I never finished Skyrim, honestly don't remember much about it, but this will probably get me to finally do it.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just to jump in and clarify, Skyrim VR does have PS4 Pro Support. The game uses supersampling at a higher resolution for a sharper picture.

9TTs6Iq.gif

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
4 days Utnayan Utnayan until we realize the dream of living IN an rpg! Do you have a PS4 pro? I know it will look better on the pro but don’t want to drop that much on a minor upgrade right before the holidays. But I do want the best Skyrim VR experience! So torn

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Re: Skyrim VR

I honestly haven't been this excited for a game in I don't know how many years.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
4 days Utnayan Utnayan until we realize the dream of living IN an rpg! Do you have a PS4 pro? I know it will look better on the pro but don’t want to drop that much on a minor upgrade right before the holidays. But I do want the best Skyrim VR experience! So torn

So fired up. My wife works all weekend so I will have plenty of time to get in!

Yeah I bought the Ps Pro on Thursday. LOVE it so far. HDR and OLED it was definitely needed for, but I never knew I would get getting a bumpm in Performance with this game as a result.

I also need to buy that switcher though too because I do not have the PSVR version that passes HDR :(

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bethesda did a stream today showing more Skyrim VR stuff. New details explained (copied from reddit):

• Blocking with two handed weapons confirmed
  • Two handed weapons are wielded with one hand/Move controller, but you can still "mime" holding it with both hands
  • The force/velocity with which you swing a weapon does register as attack input. Power attacks, however, are done by holding the trigger while swinging.
  • Arrows blocked by your shield stick in the shield, and you can even pluck them out to use yourself.
  • Werewolf confirmed to be first person, with wolf hands that you can attack with using motion controls
  • Vampire Lord and Dragon riding also confirmed to be first person. Anyone else afraid of heights?
  • When reading books, you can use the Move controls to physically turn pages
  • Kill animations have been removed as not to take control from the player in VR
  • Hand to hand combat/brawling confirmed
  • Conjuration spells can be manually placed in a specific spot, using a point-and-shoot mechanic similar to the teleportation mechanic
  • Your in game weapons/spell hands become Move controllers when you are staggered
  • Pro support confirmed with supersampling
  • Comfort settings include blinders (can be turned all the way off), angle snap type/amount, as well as a setting called "Realistic shield grip". I'm assuming what that means is that the Move controller is mapped to the shield handle, meaning you hold it vertically instead of horizontally. Here's a link to a look at the comfort settings menu:
  • Trophy list is the same as the base game
  • Saves cannot currently transfer from your other Skyrim versions
  • No voice commands
  • Support for left handed players confirmed
  • In game menus and dialogue appear in a fixed location (the camera side) to keep you facing the camera

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That is a hell of a list. That’s so cool you can take arrows out of your shield to use them haha. :) flying on dragons? Was that in any of he base game with all dlc? I think I missed that if so, it is that new with the vr version? I’m going to literally be shitting my pants with the heights. Hell, even looking off cliffs will be awesome.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Almost wanna start a Skyrim VR thread. Just watching the stream from today now and holy shit this looks fucking amazing. If I didn't have a PSVR already I'd 100% be in on that Skyrim bundle. This may ruin me for all other games, RE7 sure did.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
In preparation, I have also finally caved and needed something to charge all my PSVR devices all at once. And hold the PSVR. While making it look somewhat organized. Rather than plug in 4 controllers through various USB ports all over the house, I found this little gem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYGCK1M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Charge 2 DS4's, 2 Moves, hold your PSVR on a stand, and also charge your Headset if you have one, all at once with indicators...

Being my move controllers will see a LOT of use, this will be handy.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Is it dumb to play this on a standard PS4 vs. A Pro?

I don’t wanna drop the cash unless absolutely necessary.