VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Picked this up tonight. Not sure I like it very much at all. Something just doesn’t flow naturally with all the different types of shots + gun blade. Had to swap back to Beat Saber just to make sure I wasn’t drunk or something. Things are constantly flying at you and overlapping, the telegraphing is difficult and the beats don’t feel as consistent with letting you anticipate what’s going on and getting in to the rhythm. Dunno, will try again but as of now it’s not much fun.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looking to finally get a VR headset, but 1 I have a big head and 2 mainly want it for Beat Saber and the ability to get custom songs. Since that puts PSVR out, which would be a good set to get? I am leaning towards Occulus.

rinthea

Trakanon Raider

Half-Life: Alyx VR announced Dec 12th at TGA (or maybe tomorrow, 21st anniversary of Half Life) for release March 2020

This is making me get a VR setup. People aren't realising how much of a big deal this is. The young ones are too young to know what a big deal Valve releasing a game is. The older ones have been let down so many times now by almost every owner of every IP that they have either given up or moved on in their lives. But this is a big deal.

This is not only going to kick off fuck tonne of headset and PC hardware that manufacturers are going to push. But it's going to kick off a stupid level of development dollars rushing into the market as the big boys they realise they're behind the eight ball. If you're involved in VR development now is the time to dream big & make outlandish promises. It's about to get fucking stupid.

It's like all the kids who were too young to see gaming at the turn off the century kick off. When graphics cards provided the fuel to the inflection point of 3d games + internet connectivity (counter strike, warcraft 3, everquest). These first multiplayer VR games that will be kicked off after HL: Alyx and very well likely be community made mods, will make their developers billionaires (or more billions for the companies that buy them out) and the time will be known ever after as POST HL:A gaming. Hold on to your dicks.

Anyone want to make a multiplayer VR game?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Psvr is very comfy and accommodating to large heads and glasses more than others I have used...but custom songs

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There are guides (that I have not followed) for setting up PSVR on PC using either TriniusVR (sp?) or iVRy and playing Beat Saber with custom songs on Steam. It is something I’d like to try as soon as PC is back up and running.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Picked up Asgards Wrath on oculus store. Holy jesus christ is it awesome so far.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is the PS4 VR worth a dime? I'm on the fence spending 1-2K eurocuck dublones for a Valve or HTC sets (which is to get anyway?)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is the PS4 VR worth a dime? I'm on the fence spending 1-2K eurocuck dublones for a Valve or HTC sets (which is to get anyway?)
Get a PC set if you're going to invest in VR. PS4 one is great if you just game on console but its just so much better/more on PC.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Im waiting for a generational upgrade of resolution / frame rate. Every time I've tried VR I've gotten nauseous. I forced myself to push through the VR Xwing demo on the PS4 that came out at the same time as Rogue One and I was sick for like a day afterwards.

• 1Solidarity

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I started playing Firewall Zero Hour again and it’s still great. Not sure why I stopped. The community is mostly older guys so there’s lots of good conversation while playing. Adding 3 people to my friends list per night now.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im waiting for a generational upgrade of resolution / frame rate. Every time I've tried VR I've gotten nauseous. I forced myself to push through the VR Xwing demo on the PS4 that came out at the same time as Rogue One and I was sick for like a day afterwards.

Aside from framerate/positioning errors, anything that moves the camera (which includes vehicle simulations) is likely to cause nausea if you're even a little sensitive to it. When I demo VR to someone, I always use steam environments that are static where people can just look around and interact with objects or teleport around. Everyone has been fine, even people that get carsick easily. I use a Vive Pro though.