VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Im waiting for a generational upgrade of resolution / frame rate. Every time I've tried VR I've gotten nauseous. I forced myself to push through the VR Xwing demo on the PS4 that came out at the same time as Rogue One and I was sick for like a day afterwards.
do you wear glasses of any sort for whatever reason? try using them.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does bear Sabre work well without an external camera for any vr setups? I unfortunately can’t place a camera anywhere because of the space I plan to use it in

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Does bear Sabre work well without an external camera for any vr setups? I unfortunately can’t place a camera anywhere because of the space I plan to use it in
Dont think the Rift S uses an external camera and should work fine with it. I heard they have a fucking 360 beat saber now (mod?) jesus christ 1 direction was crazy enough depending on song.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Taim

Trakanon Raider
Rift s, all the cameras are built into the headset. Nothing external cept the cord and the controlers.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Got the PSVR today from Mrs. Claus, played through Arkham VR and have been playing Beat Saber... pretty impressed with it so far, and since I knew I was getting it I grabbed quite a few VR titles on Black Friday/Christmas sales.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ordered an Oculus Quest, comes in next week. Anyone have a good guide on how to download extra songs for Beat Saber? I found a guide that utilizes a side loader and wanted to hear about anyone else's experience with it. I've never used any sort of side loader for anything.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Got an Oculus Quest as a gift which I think is awesome because I want to have some VR stuff but didn’t want to pull the trigger on anything. Anyone have any experience with the Oculus Link? Sounds like you can hook it up to your PC for an extra $79?

Any must have games/experiences?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got an Oculus Quest as a gift which I think is awesome because I want to have some VR stuff but didn’t want to pull the trigger on anything. Anyone have any experience with the Oculus Link? Sounds like you can hook it up to your PC for an extra $79?

I really liked Zero Caliber as an FPS game other than that I haven't pulled the trigger on a lot of stuff yet. I just picked up Boneworks but haven't played enough to give any feedback on it yet. The best part is most games are only 30 bucks and with the steam sale you can really make out like a bandit.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Played some Skyrim VR with the regular controller - that will take some getting used to. Nothing else has bothered me so far, but was playing Doom with the Move controllers, might be more prone to the effects with regular controller moving.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Played some Skyrim VR with the regular controller - that will take some getting used to. Nothing else has bothered me so far, but was playing Doom with the Move controllers, might be more prone to the effects with regular controller moving.
If you want some real vertigo play Wipeout in VR without the cockpit being enclosed.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

USB 3.0 type C cable works instead of the official link cable but it is choosy which cables it will accept - this Amazon basic one works fine :
Cables are generally limited to around 10ft - the actual link cable will be 15ft and fibre optic but obviously much more expensive.

Install the generic Oculos hub app on your PC then plug in your headset. Think that was all there was to it.

You can also get it running wirelessly in Steam fairly easily :

1. Buy Virtual Desktop from the Oculus Quest store in your headset and install it - Virtual Desktop on Oculus Quest

2. Follow Sidequest installation instructions : SideQuest

3. Using Sidequest sideload different version of Virtual Dekstop into your headset : SideQuest

It used to work without the messing about but Oculus insisted the feature to use it wirelessly onto your PC be removed for the generic version.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got a bit of the ways into boneworks to where it started reminding me a lot of Portal, also lots of Valve easter eggs and such lying around. Must be true they were trying to make a Valve game and they turned them down.

This game makes me motion sick as fuck though mainly because it doesn't have the setting to reduce it in teh game like most do.

Siliconemelons

So I am getting some Ocular Quest's for an innovation lab... any management software or anything for them? Or just make generic steam accounts for each of them.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The recent $200 discount on the Vive Pro headset has been made a permanent price drop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

So, my 8 quest's arrive tomorrow...

Can I use 1 account on them all...or am I gonna have to have an account for each of them etc.

It's innovation lab stuff.... Also...umm I wanna play bridge crew with my team :) you know...team building heh

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Valve sold 149K Index headsets in 2019. Sales more than doubled from Q3 to Q4 (103K) thanks to anticipation for Half-Life: Alyx, which was announced in November and is slated to arrive in March. The Index sold more units than any other PC VR headset during the quarter despite a steep price of up to $1000. It would have sold even more if not for inventory issues (the device is currently sold out worldwide).