VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The Apollo 11 experience is FANTASTIC. HIghly recommended and it was only like 11.99.

spronk

FPS noob
psvr is new $299 at amazon with 3 free digital games, use code PSVRGAMES at last page of checkout to get $100 discount
smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HBSP85

target also has a sale on PSVR games if you missed it last month at best buy / gamestop, nice thing about disc games is you can trade in after you are done
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Love the shit outta my psvr, though I'd still say you want the move controllers, you can get those used from gamestop or something.

Seems like the deals are just getting better and there are an asston of things to play right now.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've been on the fence for this and was waiting for a sale exactly like this to bite the bullet. I wish the motion sticks also came with it, but oh well and I shelled out another $85 for those.

Here are the games you get as well with the bundle which you redeem in the PS Store in case you are curious:

RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
PlayStation VR Worlds

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sooo.... how are people with glasses getting along with VR headsets? At work they have one for some weather science thing and suffice to say glasses don't fit/work/hurts. I can't do contacts. Very near sighted. From looking at FPV drone stuff, looks like options are these bigger blocky headsets that keep the lens actually like further away as well as standard types with diopter lens' you add in to get sorta roughly close to your prescription?

I was trying to wait until a definitive "gen 2" of vr comes but not sure if it will be so clean cut. I still feel like without tactile and other feedback I'll be somewhat limited in enjoyment of anything outside racing/flying cockpit type stuff. WRU neural link jacks.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't wear my glasses when I use my Vive. I'm near sighted but with the screen so close to my face it's not a problem focusing. A far sighted person could have problems though.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Sooo.... how are people with glasses getting along with VR headsets? At work they have one for some weather science thing and suffice to say glasses don't fit/work/hurts. I can't do contacts. Very near sighted. From looking at FPV drone stuff, looks like options are these bigger blocky headsets that keep the lens actually like further away as well as standard types with diopter lens' you add in to get sorta roughly close to your prescription?

I was trying to wait until a definitive "gen 2" of vr comes but not sure if it will be so clean cut. I still feel like without tactile and other feedback I'll be somewhat limited in enjoyment of anything outside racing/flying cockpit type stuff. WRU neural link jacks.

I can't speak about the other headsets, but for the Vive, its meant to work decently well for people wearing glasses. The offset of the headset from your face can be adjusted mechanically so glasses can fit inside, there are also recesses in the foam padding that touches your face so the arms of your glasses can pass through.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't wear my glasses when I use my Vive. I'm near sighted but with the screen so close to my face it's not a problem focusing. A far sighted person could have problems though.

For fpv goggles at least it doesnt work, something about those goggles simulate the screen being at 5 feet or something? So like I said the VR here at NOAA is all unreadable with my glasses off. Maybe the vive uses a different principle.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
With PSVR glasses aren't an issue. You can adjust the headset forward and backward with a button on the bottom of the set and it will slide forward and backward to adjust. With that said, you don't want external light bleeding in but I do not see that being an issue.

Malinatar Malinatar awesome! When it arrives, let me know so you can play games with Daezuel Daezuel and myself. We need a 3rd for Drunk Star Trek.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You CAN scratch the psvr lenses with glasses. It's a problem. Some dude made a 3d printable extender that fixes the issue I've read. Have to google around for it. You may not need glasses though, but I would try that out first.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm near sighted and can use my Vive without my glasses, but it's still nowhere near as clear as when I use it with my contacts in. Your eyes still focus like it's in the distance, so it's still a problem for me without glasses/contacts. I'm scared I'll scratch the Vive with my glasses, so I don't use them with it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Soygen needs to buy PSVR so we can have full hands on Deck when I call a drunken red alert.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bridge Crew is cross platform, not sure how it works with voice communications though.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I can wear my PSVR with my glasses but I generally put on my contacts. You can still see the frames of your glasses which can be distracting when you're trying to get all muh immershuns.

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Bridge Crew is cross platform, not sure how it works with voice communications though.

My first game was w/ one person on every platform, voice coms worked great. Only difference between each of us were the emotes (point fingers, nipple clamps and I forget the last one)

• 1Like