VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
My first game was w/ one person on every platform, voice coms worked great. Only difference between each of us were the emotes (point fingers, nipple clamps and I forget the last one)
There are emotes?!!?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's less emotes and more just hand motions. With the Vive you pressed the button on the side and it pointed your finger. I think PSVR was nipple clamps, the Rift one just had some finger movement.

We talked about it on my first (and only) game here (skip to the 6 minute mark). Not sure why I never tried to play again, I need to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Game looks fun with 4 people. I guess with less you can move stations a bit more. Can you swap stations mid mission with 4?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think so, but the stations share some of those functions in the middle consoles.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I emoted me jerking off in the captains chair then. That was awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
i need to hook up my PSVR, i have star trek on ps4 just haven't gotten around to setting anything up yet

• 1Picard

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I would so buy this, but it needs a PS4 subscription, and I dont play console stuff enough to warrant another $ub. Looks fun tho

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I returned my PSVR right after I bought it. I might get it again if some good exclusives come out, but it's hard to impress after owning the Vive and I barely play my Vive.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Again, Bridge Commander is cross platform.

The PSVR has good exclusives already, though re7 is a timed one and who knows how many others will eventually find their way to the PC. That said if I owned a Vive/Rift and a capable PC already I probably wouldn't be very interested in PSVR. I had an asston of credit at gamestop so that made my choice pretty easy.

I'm extremely happy with mine and I use it all the time.

spronk

FPS noob
PSVR is $213-224 in store at target today, cheaper if you have redcard (5%) must use the target cartwheel app to load the other coupon

also PSN sale on VR games, dunno which ones are good though besides Star Trek. Have had my PSVR for 2 months, still haven't hooked it up. gonna buy a second PS4 Pro I think (trading in xb1S into gamestop) and put that in the guest bedroom with PSVR since it has room
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ps-vr-celebration-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSVRSALEG|platform~ps4|

Siliconemelons

My daughter just somehow stepped on and broke my right front trigger on my xboner 1 controller... there goes trading it in for a PS4

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There are a ton of amazing PSVR games on sale right now, if anyone wants advice on what to buy let me know.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Added (Or was in for a long time) Smooth movement in Skyrim VR. Good God does this look good. Yeah, I know. Skyrim again. I played it onace and all it's DLC - but I know for a fact I missed about 50% of the game. This, in PSVR, looks so damn epic. I may just get lost in here and never want to leave the Matrix.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree Ut! I am so excited for Skyrim (played it ages ago on PS3 but never finished it). It's been a lifelong dream to feel like I was living in an RPG...and this is it finally after waiting a long long time. Much longer than I care to admit. I knew I was going to get Skyrim VR, even if it was just an "okay" port in VR, but the videos yesterday made it look better than I even dared hope. Going to load up on the Dramamine (I tend to get motion sick in some VR games hah) and have a blast after my kids and the wife go to bed!

edit: Those of you who are getting Skyrim VR, are you going to play it with the DS4 or move controllers? For months I've been thinking DS4 all the way, but after the latest video I'm debating buying the move controllers just for the extra immersion since they seem to work so well (and don't force teleporting movement). Flailing around for hours at a time might get a little tiring though compared to sitting on my couch with a DS4 in hand.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Move controllers for sure. I have them already :) Yeah I agree. This will be epic being IN Skyrim.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Jesus, I'm going to end up buying yet another version of Skyrim because of that video. Magic looks like it will be fun as fuck and walking through a Bethesda world in VR is like a dream.

People like to shit on VR, but Resident Evil 7 was legit one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, and this is a much larger open world. Very cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users