VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Skyrim VR playing as an archer with all of the graphical improvement mods and the armor and weapon mods, and dynamic weather is absolutely amazing.

The atmosphere, the dragon encounters, and the wide range of different abilities/skills/playstyles makes this almost a 10/10 for me. The improved destruction magic with expanded spell sets is also really cool and adds a ton to the magic aspect of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Skyrim VR playing as an archer with all of the graphical improvement mods and the armor and weapon mods, and dynamic weather is absolutely amazing.

The atmosphere, the dragon encounters, and the wide range of different abilities/skills/playstyles makes this almost a 10/10 for me. The improved destruction magic with expanded spell sets is also really cool and adds a ton to the magic aspect of the game.
That's what I am playing as. What graphic and weather mods did you use?

this one is god tier.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I always wanted to try Skyrim VR, and actually bought it on the last Steam Sale, but have no idea which mods are essential and just get overwhelmed. Any tips on which ones someone would need to get up and running and have fun?

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also have skyrim VR but never really touched it because mods are just.. daunting for my boomer brain. Are all mods compatible with VR? I wouldn't think so right?

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played a couple hours of Alyx this weekend and it's really in another league compared to everything else I have played. I was playing on a Quest 2 using Virtual Desktop to stream it from my PC. I was really impressed how well that works and it's completely wireless. Was a nice change from tangling up in my Vive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh god. Here comes the skyrim mod derail
here we go batman GIF

SkyrimVR Mod Derail

Yes it’s daunting as Metalhead Metalhead put it but I figured it out after hours of scouring the web.Hopefully I can save you guys some time and get you playing SkyrimVR too! It’s truly an amazing experience if you got a decent computer. (Min Rec is GTX 1070)

There are no official mods for SkyrimVR. You must use mods for Skyrim special edition only. I repeat they must be for Skyrim special edition only. Base Skyrim is out of the question. Mods located @

First follow this video. You need to follow exactly as he says. Always do the vortex mod installer route when you can which is fucking easy mode. Only do manual mods if you know what your doing.

You will need the Skyrim VR version found here: Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE). This is what allows mods to work in VR. You will also need the Nexus mod official Vortex mod installer download found here : Vortex. These are both explained in the video.

After you set it up please go light on the mods. I strongly suggest starting with just 5 or less to test things out. Skyrim is a buggy game but if you do this right it will blow you away.

MODS:

I’n using about 15-20 mods.

Releases · Odie/skyui-vr - Sky UI. This is probably the most important mod. If you played Skyrim modded already you probably know this. All you need to do is drop the zip file into your Vortex mod installer and it AUTO installs this shit for you.

Nexus mods: (choose the auto install method then enable the mod)

Skyrim 2020 Parallax by Pfuscher - Insane graphics
SkyrimVR - USSEP Compatibility Patch - unofficial patch fix
HIGGS - Hand Interaction and Gravity Gloves for Skyrim VR - Have the fucking ALYX gravity glove (grab shit 10 feet away off of shelves like in Half life)...yes amazing
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM - mesh fix
Enhanced Lights and FX - nice effects like lightning.
True 3D Sound for Headphones -

Ok this needs to be manual but the 3d sounds is a game changer. Just copy and paste into your main skyrim.exe folder and BOOM. Bad ass SOUND!

I got many more mods but just throwing these up for now so you guys have something to test out. Also if any conflicts happen just dick with the mod load order in Vortex and it will solve itself. (always let Paralax and Static mesh LOAD first if you have conflicts. Just put in "Load Parallax Before Big Titty Mod" etc.

Here is a few sites I used for recommendations of mods.
Spoiled

Also under my documents go to SkyrimPrefs.ini and add this right below Display and SAVE :

[Display]
fNearDistance=13.0000

It will get rid of MOST of the distant Mountain flickering and Z fighting ( The jagged lines bullshit which kills immersion)

I got lots more mods and tips so feel free to PM if you need help or post here. I'm currently drooling on myself staring at Azura's ass I mean statue in 4k enhanced detail.

Skyrim VR is currently only $18 on CDkeys. Very legit site and where I got mine.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Damn, Skyrim VR is 60 bucks on Steam. I feel like I've bought Skyrim like 8 times already...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn, Skyrim VR is 60 bucks on Steam. I feel like I've bought Skyrim like 8 times already...
No it’s not I literally posted this a page back.

I bought both FO4VR and skyrim VR from there. $18 bucks for Skyrim and $12 for fallout 4. ( I’m guessing fallout 4 with mods is very close to Alyx in terms of bad assery from the way everyone on the Vr Reddit’s talk about it aka a close 2nd to Alyx)

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I was playing fallout 4 vr on my Vega 56 and it was fun but kind of a shit show at times. Gonna have to load it up with my 3070 now.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fighting dragons in VR is amazing, even the small interactions with NPCs in caves or the wilderness feels different in VR. The immersion is unmatched.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fighting dragons in VR is amazing, even the small interactions with NPCs in caves or the wilderness feels different in VR. The immersion is unmatched.
It truly is...

Daezuel Daezuel dude LOL

Ol Daez kinda got me into VR

F4 on the 1080 is amazing you will shit bricks with a 3000 series and maxed out supeersampling. Get on it!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone wondering how to increase the screen to fullsceeen (55 inch and up) for parties and audiences. It’s bad ass and makes the experience much better for the casual normies watching....

How this helps

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So we're having a huge party on the 24th and I'm going to have the quest 2 out for people to play with. I have a pretty big back yard that's level and wide open and would like to find a fun game for people to play where they can run around and all of us can laugh at them. Super Hot is the best idea I have for a game I already own. Any other recommendations for games that really work well in wide open spaces?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So we're having a huge party on the 24th and I'm going to have the quest 2 out for people to play with. I have a pretty big back yard that's level and wide open and would like to find a fun game for people to play where they can run around and all of us can laugh at them. Super Hot is the best idea I have for a game I already own. Any other recommendations for games that really work well in wide open spaces?
Red Matter