VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Picked up a Quest 2 today, and holy fuck this thing is awesome! I can't believe it's only $300.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
$300 for the Quest 2 is perfect imo. Kids will keep it alive with shit like Beat Sabre for a long time.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
$300 for the Quest 2 is perfect imo. Kids will keep it alive with shit like Beat Sabre for a long time.
1640923350350.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I got this for Christmas and really the only game I've played is the Creed boxing demo. It was actually a lot of fun. I saw an EverQuest VR posted on here a while back (not this thread) but I think that was a guy just showing off the world essentially and it isn't available as far as I know. I could not figure out Gun Raiders but I have 3 small kids and just tough to make the time I guess. Haven't made any purchases yet but impressed so far. My girls really like the Roller Coaster app. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got this for Christmas and really the only game I've played is the Creed boxing demo. It was actually a lot of fun. I saw an EverQuest VR posted on here a while back (not this thread) but I think that was a guy just showing off the world essentially and it isn't available as far as I know. I could not figure out Gun Raiders but I have 3 small kids and just tough to make the time I guess. Haven't made any purchases yet but impressed so far. My girls really like the Roller Coaster app. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Beat Saber amd Super Hot are pretty darn amazing for VR games. Would def start with Beat Saber.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Audica by Harmonix was much more to my own liking. It never took off the same way Beat Saber has, but I find its shooting-focused rhythm and wide open spaces very relaxing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The steam vr game is free and has a few great things for kids and adults. I love the archer game and the arcade spaceship shooter, it reminds me of my early Nintendo days.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Wondering on with the fresh bumps. No truly next generation devices on the horizon yet? I'm impatient to plug my brain in so I can play a shooter without the awkward methods for moving or that giant walking bowl thing.

Itching to get back into some flight and racing and night be nice to pair with VR. Is there any consensus on clear winner platform?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wondering on with the fresh bumps. No truly next generation devices on the horizon yet? I'm impatient to plug my brain in so I can play a shooter without the awkward methods for moving or that giant walking bowl thing.

Itching to get back into some flight and racing and night be nice to pair with VR. Is there any consensus on clear winner platform?

Quest 2 is amazing bang for buck, but can't speak for the "high end" VR sets or the games that require something beefier.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those just getting their VR sets, get Half Life Alyx, it's really a unique and amazing experience. Compound is great too and is gets regular updates. For driving games I dunno, I think Redout has a VR mode and MS Flight Simulator but I havent gotten either of those yet. Probably more driving games but Redout is the only thing that pops in my head.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hardware is great but games still have a ways to go. Alyx is the only top shelf game worth playing, it plays so well that it makes the rest of them seem janky in some way or another. I hope it keeps progressing but I don't think there will be any big pushes from AAA devs, even the Medal of Honor VR game flopped hard and I had hopes for that one.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought subnautica 2 on steam sale today and just finished installing the VR mod.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That's a lot of expensive words. Even as an early VR adopter I'm kinda skeptical how big the market is for a what's got to be at least a $499 headset (wouldn't be surprised if it's hundreds more and not include controllers), wired, and locked to a console ecosystem.

Surely they won't start off with some big mistakes, like no BC, right?

Would have seemed like a softball to include with the announcement, especially given all the VR games given away w/ PS+.

Last edited:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
9 hours played on Subnautica 2 so far. Minor pita getting it all setup for VR but worth it.

• 1Like

Araxen

What do you need to do to import custom tracks into Beat Saber? The pay for music selection is dreadful for this game. I have the Steam version of the game.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
What do you need to do to import custom tracks into Beat Saber? The pay for music selection is dreadful for this game. I have the Steam version of the game.
This is the whole reason I got the Quest2 and it was a little bit of a pain in the ass to use.

I don't remember the process, but I bought the Quest 2 on Feb 19, 2021. Someone in this thread provided the instructions a week or three before I bought it.

spronk

FPS noob
havent done it by i bookmarked this as the way to do custom shit with beat saber (quest version), its probably even easier with steam version but then you gotta do that link shit

Oculus Quest Pro / Oculus Quest 3 info

• 1Like