VR Gaming - Oculus Rift, Playstation VR, HTC Vive

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
The Quest 2 Resident Evil 4 bundle somehow came back in stock at Best Buy this morning… guessing they had some inventory sitting somewhere, but at $50 off with two games I grabbed it and ordered this cable to go with it - gracias!
Quest 2 RE 4 bundle? Thought RE 4 VR was only going to be on PSVR2 or something.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
They released a special vr version of the game only for quest 2. It's fucking awesome.
Ah yeah totally forgot about it since its been so long ago. And damn its for the headset only and not on the PC oculus store which is even more wild.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Ah yeah totally forgot about it since its been so long ago. And damn its for the headset only and not on the PC oculus store which is even more wild.
It plays great and looks fine to me. I think it's based on the GameCube version of the game anyways so the PC version likely wouldn't add much.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I had a 3.5 hour session last night in Gran Turismo 7 and RE8. I think being able to set eye distance better reduces strain and makes it a lot easier to use.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I had a 3.5 hour session last night in Gran Turismo 7 and RE8. I think being able to set eye distance better reduces strain and makes it a lot easier to use.

Finished Horizon, it was longer than I thought it'd be. Decent experience, but 90% of it is climbing if you get sick of that (it's forgiving at least). There are some pucker moments where you have to jump a huge gap and climb a skimpy rope, or pickaxe an iceberg which may or may not break. Fun though!

RE8 is just amazing so far. I only just got in the castle, but even up close everything is just so detailed. I'm used to the PSVR1's graphics (basically low end PS3 lol), so it's a nice leap.

Was the MMO any good? Zenith: The Last City. Seems to not have much content.

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Quest 2 came in yesterday, redeemed RE4 code (and the Golf and Space Pirate game that’s currently free with promo) and played through first couple of areas in RE4. Motion did affect me a little bit, was using joystick move rather than “teleport “, but was okay - great translation to VR though.

Regime Regime - what type charging brick do you use with that cord?

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Quest 2 came in yesterday, redeemed RE4 code (and the Golf and Space Pirate game that’s currently free with promo) and played through first couple of areas in RE4. Motion did affect me a little bit, was using joystick move rather than “teleport “, but was okay - great translation to VR though.

Regime Regime - what type charging brick do you use with that cord?

Oh I use

the Power-7 Fast USB C Charger, 2-Pack 20W PD + Quick Charger Dual Port Type C Wall Charger Block Plug Compatible with iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro/14 Pro Max/13/13 Pro Max/12/11/XS/XR/X/8, iPad, AirPods https://a.co/d/dLWak7R

also I use a Anker one too that’s faster but couldn’t find it on Amazon. It’s also double price for 33% faster.

• 1Like

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
And the Steam spring sale dropped - grabbed Half Life:Alyx, think I’m set for a bit.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was really hoping the completely unbelievable rumor that Alyx would launch on PSVR2 was somehow actually legit.

• 1Worf

Jive Turkey

Karen
Saints and Sinners Retribution is pretty great on PSVR2 so far. Still getting used to the controls; i feel like the guns are a bit janky to aim. But the graphics are great and it might be the sharpest of any of the games I've played so far.
I read mixed reviews about Switchback, but my nephew was over and I thought he'd get a kick out of it, so I pulled the trigger. Could use some graphical upgrades, but it was a lot of fun to play through. A little short, however. And it feels like it could've been so much more. If they do another, I hope they go all out

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

lol originally sony forecast selling like a million in the first 3 months

Good. This is what happens when you shovel shit, have an antiquted design, no backwards compatibility, and are over priced on top of it all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grez

Trakanon Raider

lol originally sony forecast selling like a million in the first 3 months
These companies don't seem to realize that Covid was a big and temporary disturbance that caused people to buy computers and vr set-ups and shit because they couldn't/wouldn't go out. Covid is over and they wonder why they're not making the money they did a year ago. Blind and dumb.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My issues with the PSVR2 is not the price, although it’s expansive. Like all VR there’s very few games I’m interested in. VR is still missing that killer game that’s going to make me buy one in combination with a steady flow of good games.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I just don't trust their ecosystem, so why would I buy a HMD that only works with it?

Apple is going to invent the mixed reality headset on Monday, Quest 3 has mixed reality.... is PSVR3 going to follow suit? Devaluing prior hardware again? They won't have much choice if these new HMDs gain any traction at all and mixed reality finally gains some ground.

Well, the choice will be whether or not to do VR at all, I suppose.