WandaVision

Xevy

Log Wizard
So they purposefully sad the name of most all of the "townspeople" except Agnes. She's on the wall but they never say her name or fully show it.

Vision being a corpse makes me think Mephisto for sure. Bargaining or manipulating SW into bringing him back so he can use her children for something. That'd be my guess.

Kat Dennings has always sucked as an actress, but she's real nice to look at.

Watching the 'cut' parts happen with Wanda breaking the illusion was pretty cool.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So they purposefully sad the name of most all of the "townspeople" except Agnes. She's on the wall but they never say her name or fully show it.

Vision being a corpse makes me think Mephisto for sure. Bargaining or manipulating SW into bringing him back so he can use her children for something. That'd be my guess.

Kat Dennings has always sucked as an actress, but she's real nice to look at.

Watching the 'cut' parts happen with Wanda breaking the illusion was pretty cool.
the bleach blonde is also not documented

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
oh cool, so it took 4 episodes to explain a premise that we all figured out by the end of first episode

"slow burn"
This.

And at the end I was like, "what the fuck, it's over already?"

These are some seriously short episodes.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
There may be another clue / element of backstory hinted at the end of episode 4. Following all the kerfuffle with Wanda exiling Monica and seeing Vision's corpse the aspect ration scrunches back into 4:3 and the sitcom continues with them sitting down to watch TV with a 'what should we watch tonight?'

This seemed habitual and yet we had never seen the two of them with the TV before. What if that was the thing that initially brought the two of them together after Age of Ultron? She was in a strange land with a strange accent and he was newly born and so the two outsiders would end each day at New Avengers HQ watching classic American TV as a way to acclimate. Would help explain her accent being gone as she learned to adapt a more Americanized way of speaking through television etc.

From Wanda's point of view there was essentially no time between Vision dying and her having to fight in Endgame. Everyone else came back but Vision since he died rather than getting snapped away and so she went nuts and retreated with his corpse to a fantasy built on their shared love of TV?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I quit this show after episode 2. What quality are we talking about?

• 2Picard
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I quit this show after episode 2. What quality are we talking about
dont bother with it, until its over. theyve released 4 out of 9 episodes so far, and only 1 of them wasnt filler

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I quit this show after episode 2. What quality are we talking about?
its starting to get interesting. they explained the premise of the show in episode 4. it wasnt all sitcom garbage, they were explaining the sitcom gharbage.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Glad they brought Kat Dennings back and upgraded her character.
And then kept her massive tits hidden in a huge coat and sweater the whole time. What a waste.

Last edited:
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At the very end when SW asks about what to watch, Vision's face goes all "sigh, not again". Something not right with that last ending scene.

I would love Marvel pulling a "gotcha" and at some point we hear James Spader's voice coming out of Paul Bettany.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Vision's face kind of struck me as he was realizing something was off, but decided to put on a facade to hide that. Which makes sense: Any time he confronts Wanda about something, she rewinds/does a do-over and resets Vision.

The difference here is in the prior rewinds, it was just Vision and Wanda and Vision came to the realization when Wanda was the only person there and she made the correction. The 70s era was different because Agnes and Herb clued him in that something was up, then when Vision walked in after Wanda booted Monica, Wanda didn't rewind him because he didn't outright tell her something was odd. You notice he was more subtle, like asking if they could go elsewhere like it was an innocent question. He had the look and fake smile because he realizes he needs to keep up the act and that Wanda might be behind it. I suspect he won't confront Wanda anymore about things being messed up and will try to do his own investigation on the sly, which will allow him to actually make progress into figuring out what is going on.

So I think going forward, the story will follow Vision as he tries to figure out the mystery from the inside, and SWORD as they try to figure out the mystery from the outside and/or start to work on a plan to neutralize Wanda. Vision will realize that ultimately that Wanda will be putting a giant target on herself if she continues doing this and will try to protect her, although he will want to protect her from herself and avoid SWORD jumping into an option that could potentially hurt Wanda as well. This is where another big bad could come into play: It gives SWORD a new target and a possible out for the Wanda situation, as it makes Wanda realize she is being manipulated into doing something bad/evil.

Big question is whether Vision will ultimately sacrifice himself, or if it will be a happy ending and he gets restored. Since Vision's personality came from the mind stone, and Wanda's powers come from the mind stone, you could argue that Vision -is- Vision in the sense that his consciousness/soul is basically being maintained by Wanda's use of the mind stone powers, so his reanimated corpse is really him restored. The show has shown that physical transformations on inanimate objects can be maintained in the "real world" - see the jump rope and Monica's clothing as examples. However, the whole mind/soul thing is a lot more complicated and you start getting into the whole meta physical thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the very end when SW asks about what to watch, Vision's face goes all "sigh, not again". Something not right with that last ending scene.

I would love Marvel pulling a "gotcha" and at some point we hear James Spader's voice coming out of Paul Bettany.
If explained right, that would be awesome.

Much Much better episode. I liked the tie into Capt Marvel with Lieutenant Trouble.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Some good story progression this week, but man Kat Denning can't act worth a shit. She's got zero voice modulation. She borderline yells every line she delivers. Also whoever wrote her dialog is a bit of a hack. I really hope the series doesn't devolve into hokey schlock

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
I’ve decided there is no bad guy. This will
Simply set up Wandas reality abilities for the strange movie.

she’s suffering PTSD from losing her brother, lover, and only mentors in a way in Cap and Widow. This is not very long after the snap, and she lost her shit and made an ideal life away from
Violence, where Vision is alive and they can have the life she wants.

rambeau will continue to try to end this, and her experience with the snap as well, with her mom dying and having to come back to a world that moved on without her will be her connection to Wanda. Season will end with Wanda ending the alternate reality and coming back to the real world with Rambeau and Woo.

post credit scene, someone dark in the shadows will learn of her ability to warp reality and that will set up Dr Strange 2

I'd bet on this too, but then what's the deal with all the Hydra commercials?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
There has been commercials for Stark abd someone else too. Basically just Easter eggs. Also the only real “companies” a solovian avenger would know.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of, I was kind of surprised no one commented on the commercials in the "outside world." Like, the one came up, but they just kind of ignored it like it was an actual commercial break.

Seems kind of weird that they wouldn't at least be like "weird, a Stark ad?"

• 1Like

Cybsled

1 Stark commercial, 2 Hydra commercials. The main thing both have in common is they caused her pain/trauma in the past: Stark though his weapons (which killed her parents), Hydra / Von Strucker through their experimentation on herself and her brother.

My theory is the commercials basically represent the shit she is trying to repress, which are compartmentalized as commercials and thus kept separate from the ideal "sitcom" life she is living.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing some Thanos tie-in commercial

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
people keep pointing out that the stark ad was about how stark made the bomb that killed wanda's parents.

but stark also made vision. stark is basically vision's grandfather. and the toaster pretty clearly has a face on it as well as the red light on the toaster face's forhead represent vision more than anything else.

also i guess james spader was seen on set at some point, so i think we'll definitely get ultron in some form or another

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There may be another clue / element of backstory hinted at the end of episode 4. Following all the kerfuffle with Wanda exiling Monica and seeing Vision's corpse the aspect ration scrunches back into 4:3 and the sitcom continues with them sitting down to watch TV with a 'what should we watch tonight?'

This seemed habitual and yet we had never seen the two of them with the TV before. What if that was the thing that initially brought the two of them together after Age of Ultron? She was in a strange land with a strange accent and he was newly born and so the two outsiders would end each day at New Avengers HQ watching classic American TV as a way to acclimate. Would help explain her accent being gone as she learned to adapt a more Americanized way of speaking through television etc.

From Wanda's point of view there was essentially no time between Vision dying and her having to fight in Endgame. Everyone else came back but Vision since he died rather than getting snapped away and so she went nuts and retreated with his corpse to a fantasy built on their shared love of TV?

This is the sort of thing that, if you asked them this at a convention, they'd say "yes absolutely" but really they hadn't thought of it at all.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
1 Stark commercial, 2 Hydra commercials. The main thing both have in common is they caused her pain/trauma in the past: Stark though his weapons (which killed her parents), Hydra / Von Strucker through their experimentation on herself and her brother.

My theory is the commercials basically represent the shit she is trying to repress, which are compartmentalized as commercials and thus kept separate from the ideal "sitcom" life she is living.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing some Thanos tie-in commercial
And again haha