WandaVision

Sevens

Log Wizard
Way to misrepresent. We just want longer episodes and faster release, pref all season.
Why would they do that? release it all at once and remain in the zeitgeist for a week or two OR release it weekly and stay there for 9 weeks or more. Its a no brainer. Netflix did (and could afford to) because when they started doing that there really wasnt any other streaming services, now there a dozens all fighting for the green.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
i dont like the sitcom stuff because its hack material, lazy. and because its sitcom zaniness for almost all the show it feels way too short on actual story.
Thats the part you are missing, the sitcom part IS story.
It is ALL part of the story, the whole reason for the sitcom shtick is tied in with the story.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why would they do that? release it all at once and remain in the zeitgeist for a week or two OR release it weekly and stay there for 9 weeks or more. Its a no brainer. Netflix did (and could afford to) because when they started doing that there really wasnt any other streaming services, now there a dozens all fighting for the green.
Season 8 Episode 3 GIF by Friends

Yeah.... or they could make episodes 5 min, release them every other year, zomg much green. Screw that - I want more content, faster. Disney is already taking my money forever, not talking about you 1 month sub’ers ruining it for the rest of us. I seem to remember altered carbon and other shows being released fast no problem. Sure not all of them. Sure not all seasons. But fuck if I’m watching this show in 2025 at this rate.

Edit: for all I care they could make content tiered, like presub at last 3 months to watch whole season now. That would work for me just fine. Put a sticker on my forehead and I’ll do the advertising too.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thats the part you are missing, the sitcom part IS story.
It is ALL part of the story, the whole reason for the sitcom shtick is tied in with the story.
incorrect, the story is Scarlet Witch using Westville and it's citizens to create her own little fantasy world that she and Vision lived happily ever after. the sitcoms and each decade they copy off of is filler IMHO.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
i dont like the sitcom stuff because its hack material, lazy. and because its sitcom zaniness for almost all the show it feels way too short on actual story.
I'd like this way more if the sitcom part of the story was actually funny. The only good thing is like the dread of what the fuck is this by the characters. That's actually pretty cool. It's just a slog going through the unfunny shit to get to what could be a solid story.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd like this way more if the sitcom part of the story was actually funny. The only good thing is like the dread of what the fuck is this by the characters. That's actually pretty cool. It's just a slog going through the unfunny shit to get to what could be a solid story.
the thing is sitcoms are dead. they been done nonstop for 70 years and they have beaten to death every possible misunderstanding and zany situation possible. maybe if they had done different genres of old tv shows instead of fucking sitcoms i wouldnt be so negative on the whole concept

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I understand if you dont find it funny, but that is NOT what they are after, they are trying to be period specific...They shot on old time cameras, they filmed in front of a live studio audience and they wrote a story that would fit with the time period of the episode.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Right, that is implying old sitcoms were actually funny to begin with lol

Although I did laugh at that part where the wife asks if the earrings make her look fat and the lights go out and the husband is like "thank god"

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I understand if you dont find it funny, but that is NOT what they are after, they are trying to be period specific...They shot on old time cameras, they filmed in front of a live studio audience and they wrote a story that would fit with the time period of the episode.

White knight it all you want, it's just not entertaining. It's not an awful premise, but it's dragging out way too long.

• 5Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider

I actually think if you watched the first 4 episodes like a movie, it would feel a lot more fluid. The seemingly innocent TV show, but weird shit starts happening and the dread builds. It's just too slow of a burn for the short episodic format they went with.

I'm enjoying the show but it IS definitely off to a slow start. I'm hoping the crescendo is good. The acting so far has been rock solid, but all of them are great to begin with.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
White knight it all you want, it's just not entertaining. It's not an awful premise, but it's dragging out way too long.
so if one person exercises their opinion, they are white knighting?

i've enjoyed all the marvel movies (some much more than others), but they are FORMULAIC to a fault. wandavision is doing something different and it's actually being respectful of both the source material AND the plot devices they are using. like, i get it that you (and many others) don't like sitcoms. if they decide to make falcon and winter soldier an SVU serial, you'd have the same kind of situation where some people really enjoy it and some people just can't get behind it.

sitcoms NOW are old hat and played out. but since the 50's they were some of the most watched tv out there. obviously some of that is due to limited options. and you can argue that shows like i love lucy and bewitched and the brady bunch were never REALLY funny to begin with, but there's a whole bunch of people who DO find them funny.

if you have to belittle someone for enjoying a certain type of entertainment, it just makes you sound insecure.

• 4Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
so if one person exercises their opinion, they are white knighting?

i've enjoyed all the marvel movies (some much more than others), but they are FORMULAIC to a fault. wandavision is doing something different and it's actually being respectful of both the source material AND the plot devices they are using. like, i get it that you (and many others) don't like sitcoms. if they decide to make falcon and winter soldier an SVU serial, you'd have the same kind of situation where some people really enjoy it and some people just can't get behind it.

sitcoms NOW are old hat and played out. but since the 50's they were some of the most watched tv out there. obviously some of that is due to limited options. and you can argue that shows like i love lucy and bewitched and the brady bunch were never REALLY funny to begin with, but there's a whole bunch of people who DO find them funny.

if you have to belittle someone for enjoying a certain type of entertainment, it just makes you sound insecure.

If that person feels the need to argue with everyone who expresses a differing opinion, then, yes, they're white knighting.

It's not like Lost or Mr Robot where reveals and twists build excitement because we all know where its going even if not all the specifics. When the black chick mentioned Pietro being killed by Ultron my reaction wasn't "Holy shit! Wtf??" It was "jesus, finally something happens".

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
If that person feels the need to argue with everyone who expresses a differing opinion, then, yes, they're white knighting.

It's not like Lost or Mr Robot where reveals and twists build excitement because we all know where its going even if not all the specifics. When the black chick mentioned Pietro being killed by Ultron my reaction wasn't "Holy shit! Wtf??" It was "jesus, finally something happens".
I come here to discuss the show, even if that means arguing with those who dont enjoy...to me its part of the fun.

index.jpg

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

YOU are arguing with people who are actually enjoying the show.

again, i get why you and others aren't liking it. you're points make sense. but your points aren't objective. they aren't flaws with the show, they are issues that YOU are having. a whole bunch of poeple AREN'T having those issues with the show. that doesn't mean they are white knighting, it doesn't mean those people are just marvel fanboys, it doesn't mean they have poor taste. it just means they enjoy things you don't.

if you are REALLY that bothered by it, wait for to all release then just binge it to see if that makes the show drag less for you. or just don't watch it. you are behaving like a person who keeps going to a seafood restaurant and complaining about not liking seafood.

• 4Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Edit: for all I care they could make content tiered, like presub at last 3 months to watch whole season now. That would work for me just fine. Put a sticker on my forehead and I’ll do the advertising too.
Then someone would upload it and everyone not paying that special tiered price would be like fuck waiting let me go download it all now.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
YOU are arguing with people who are actually enjoying the show.

again, i get why you and others aren't liking it. you're points make sense. but your points aren't objective. they aren't flaws with the show, they are issues that YOU are having. a whole bunch of poeple AREN'T having those issues with the show. that doesn't mean they are white knighting, it doesn't mean those people are just marvel fanboys, it doesn't mean they have poor taste. it just means they enjoy things you don't.

if you are REALLY that bothered by it, wait for to all release then just binge it to see if that makes the show drag less for you. or just don't watch it. you are behaving like a person who keeps going to a seafood restaurant and complaining about not liking seafood.

You seem to be the only one really bothered by anything.

Kinda bizarre how defensive you're being over people not being in love with a gimmick who's novelty has worn off.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe this was originally intended to be an ABC show, then Disney realized they needed to boost Disney+ so they diverted it to there, but the shows are still designed for commercial TV. it would explain the schlock retro sitcoms theme.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can see the episodes becoming a 60ish minute thing, each one so far has been a bit longer than the previous as the story comes out.