War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

Jive Turkey

Karen
Saw it this afternoon. It's really as good as it gets for photorealistic cg. It's probably the first movie ever that's near perfect in that sense. The story was great too. The three films really stand apart from one another. It's nice to see a franchise not repeat itself. And there were hints to it being a prequel without explicitly showing it was, so if you prefer to think of the nods to the original as being only that, there's no way to say otherwise. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first film in the reboot, but the second and this one are criminally underrated.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is getting some really solid reviews, and the last one was decent, but fuck I just have an incredibly hard time getting excited for anything "Planet of the Apes".

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't seen the first 2 so I'm not invested. My opinion is worthless, but here it is.

This was boring. There was fuckall for "War". Reign of Fire or Hero(Jet Li) level misleading with the trailers.

I bet I would come to appreciate the movie on subsequent viewings like I did those two, once the bullshit trailer expectations are gone. Except I'll probably never watch it again.

Jar Jar moment with the funny monkey almost made me puke.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Boobietastle

Molten Core Raider
I've never seen the original (Heston version). I did love this movie though. What are the nods/easter eggs that refer to the original?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit on the misleading trailer shit. Was watching some old DVR'd stuff and saw a trailer for this that I'd never seen before. It made the entire movie about the little girl. Ceasar was going to protect her no matter what, Woody Harrelson was hunting her specifically. What in the fuck? It was like a fan made recut trailer to totally change a movie's genre.

• 1Picard

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I haven't seen the first 2 so I'm not invested. My opinion is worthless, but here it is.

This was boring. There was fuckall for "War". Reign of Fire or Hero(Jet Li) level misleading with the trailers.

I bet I would come to appreciate the movie on subsequent viewings like I did those two, once the bullshit trailer expectations are gone. Except I'll probably never watch it again.

Watching the third movie in a series without having seen the two previous might make you dumber than these apes.

Oldbased

> Than U
I been watching this as background noise and I am still confused why for every 9 soldiers that have machine guns there is some dude with a crossbow is plinking away screaming RELOAD every damn time he fires like he is the heavy artillery.

• 1Salty