Warcraft III: Reforged

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Am I the only one who thinks this Grunt upgrade icon looks just way wrong?

xkPILVT.png

someone find the mobile game that uses that very icon.

Some guy from the company that icon design was outsourced to did a small AMA on reddit.

They had 1 hour for each icon, without background info on them.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some guy from the company that icon design was outsourced to did a small AMA on reddit.

They had 1 hour for each icon, without background info on them.
???

Use the original icons? They still use that format in WoW today and I feel like some WoW icons are from Warcraft 3 (Deathcoil?)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They also rerecorded all the voice lines for translated versions and the quality is significantly worse.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
???

Use the original icons? They still use that format in WoW today and I feel like some WoW icons are from Warcraft 3 (Deathcoil?)

I'm guessing they saw redoing the icons as an extremely-low effort task.

Unlike redoing cinematics or something actually labor-intensive.

Cashgrabs gonna cashgrab.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They also rerecorded all the voice lines for translated versions and the quality is significantly worse.
???

What the fuck is wrong with them? The graphics of the units and layout of the world needed redoing, not the UI or Voice Acting.

Bare minimum for a cashgrab for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's probably because they decided to translate names such as Jaina Proudmoore at some point during WoWs lifetime and thought they needed to retrofix that part of the translations as well. It's stupid, and it cost them money.

That's why the English original still has the old voice files.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's probably because they decided to translate names such as Jaina Proudmoore at some point during WoWs lifetime and thought they needed to retrofix that part of the translations as well. It's stupid, and it cost them money.

That's why the English original still has the old voice files.
What was the old and new translation?

Sounds like a Aeris / Aerith situation like with FF7, with the original sounding great in English and the retranslation sounding like shit.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I may like Blizzard less than Bethesda at this point. I realize that doesn't mean much to you guys since you don't know me well....but believe me. That's pretty bad.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What was the old and new translation?

Sounds like a Aeris / Aerith situation like with FF7, with the original sounding great in English and the retranslation sounding like shit.
for example Jaina Proudmoore is Jaina Prachtmeer in German, which actually means Gloryocean but it reads similiarly to the English name, it's overall very disappointing and pointless.

Back in ROC names were not translated, as is how it's actually done. Luke Skywalker is Luke Skywalker in the German dub as well.

Chris

Potato del Grande
for example Jaina Proudmoore is Jaina Prachtmeer in German, which actually means Gloryocean but it reads similiarly to the English name, it's overall very disappointing and pointless.

Back in ROC names were not translated, as is how it's actually done. Luke Skywalker is Luke Skywalker in the German dub as well.
And they translated it totally wrong anyway, since moore doesn't mean ocean, it's fresh water wetlands.

Obviously Proud and Glory are different concepts too... fucking idiots...

It's like having Luke Cloudrunner in Star Wars.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So Blizzard network drops during an esports (Dreamhacks) match probably cost someone a win to the semi's and 25k. They had to go back to classic to finish the matches. What a shit show and Blizzard should be embarrassed.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 9 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Uh they don't use lan matches for such events? Wouldn't connecting over bnet exist you to needless latency?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Jesus christ. I don't give two fucks about e sports but this shit is robbery no doubt.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users