Warcraft III: Reforged

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, everyone in this thread is ball washing Blizzard.

And obviously, anyone who buys games that have actually launched and are playable is doing it wrong. Why buy a product when you can buy hope.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
When I started this thread in 2018 I was 110% sure I was buying it day1... preordering even!

This is my 1st post back in here since Nov 3, 2018.
Blizzard has totally collapsed as a company and I have just refused to give them any more of my money.
I'm shocked at the 0.5 rating on meta critic, but it's also really not surprising at all.

The 2018 reveal looked much better and I'm surprised at what was actually released. If they can't even re-release a classic game to some kind of fanfare, then there is no hope left for this company.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
When I started this thread in 2018 I was 110% sure I was buying it day1... preordering even!

This is my 1st post back in here since Nov 3, 2018.
Blizzard has totally collapsed as a company and I have just refused to give them any more of my money.
I'm shocked at the 0.5 rating on meta critic, but it's also really not surprising at all.

The 2018 reveal looked much better and I'm surprised at what was actually released. If they can't even re-release a classic game to some kind of fanfare, then there is no hope left for this company.
I was excited for it when announced.

I didn't even buy it to be able to refund it, I didn't know it was even coming out. I feel like they knew and didn't advertise it - but then why rush it out?

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I was excited for it when accounced.

I didn't even buy it to be able to refund it, I didn't know it was even coming out. I feel like they knew and didn't advertise it - but then why rush it out?

Q4 earnings instead of punishing a new fiscal. They knew it was going to bomb.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember when they use to be the company of...

Public: When will it release?!
Blizzard: When it's ready.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Alert on my phone tells me there is a instant refund. I've been too busy to read up on all the uproar. What is the TLDR? So far game is great! Ultra wide support. Much better graphics...

xzi

Mouthbreather
tl;dr big points -

blatant false advertising that even though they said months ago they're changing - they never changed. And is still being advertised as that on their website

made classic wc3 100% unplayable online (and only playable if you have your discs or an old exe

removed a lot of features for no reason. No ladder (they're adding later), no profiles, no clans, no chat channels, region locks (particularly bad for custom games)

they own absolutely all of the content in custom games even if you made every asset and audio piece for it, it is now complete property of blizzard and if you object they can ban your account

that said, I'm not refunding because it will just give me blizz bux which I can only spend on other blizz products.. what's the point? I love the campaign so when I want replay it in a while I'll just keep it. Campaign is fine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Alert on my phone tells me there is a instant refund. I've been too busy to read up on all the uproar. What is the TLDR? So far game is great! Ultra wide support. Much better graphics...
jitterbug_08.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Dreamcast guy did a video yesterday about their “apology” and hit the nail on the head with it. He then went to do an instant refund and was denied. Haha. Dude was legit one of the biggest WC fanboys out there and now all he has is his bitterness to keep him warm at night.

I mean, I get that he is disappointed in the game and I am glad I didn't buy it early because I was excited about it. But how do you get this dramatically buttmad about this sort of superficial shit? Like dude, go get some pussy. First world problems I guess.

• 1Salty

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean, I get that he is disappointed in the game and I am glad I didn't buy it early because I was excited about it. But how do you get this dramatically buttmad about this sort of superficial shit? Like dude, go get some pussy. First world problems I guess.

because 1) it’s his job at this point and B) Because he’s passionate about it. No different than someone and a sports franchise they love or something along those lines.

seems odd you tell a dude who loves video games to go get some pussy...while being a member and posting on a video game community’s forums. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Any youtuber is always playing up the dramatics for clicks and views. It's such a dumb fucking profession

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Outrage = $$$.
MSM should have taught you that by now.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
because 1) it’s his job at this point and B) Because he’s passionate about it. No different than someone and a sports franchise they love or something along those lines.

seems odd you tell a dude who loves video games to go get some pussy...while being a member and posting on a video game community’s forums. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, call me crazy I guess but I think these things don't have to be mutually exclusive:
1) Love gaming.
2) Not act like an autistic drama queen about gaming.
3) Get pussy.

• 1Picard

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well, call me crazy I guess but I think these things don't have to be mutually exclusive:
1) Love gaming.
3) Get pussy.

Again, it’s his job. If he comes off as not giving a fuck he wouldn’t be very good at his job, would he? Influencers are expected to be passionate, especially ones that are breaking down events and news. And since he has close to 170,000 subs netting him about 90-100k a year currently I suspect his formula works better than you give it credit. Also dudes married, so I dunno what to tell you.

tl;dr married dude makes 100k making videos while we actually have to work. I think he knows what he’s doing.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Where do you get that sub to dollars amount? Not being dickish, actually curious

there’s ways to calculate estimated as revenue on YouTube based off of audience. I don’t know the formulas specifically. From what I’ve seen some sites put him around 60k others put him around 110k. It’s hard to peg down because different videos have different amounts of ads.

Also he didn’t used to be a rant guy who farmed rage clicks but that’s for sure a route he’s taken and honestly his numbers have steadily been going up since he’s started doing that.

I usually agree with his takes though and while yeah, he gets a bit overly dramatic, you can’t argue what seems to work these days. Even during this Reforged saga his avg views went from 20,000’ish per video to 80,000+ with one topping out at just under 160k. Gamers are generally an angry lot. Lol

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Gamers are the worst of them all. All outrage is popular but gamer outrage in particular is on another level because these retards talk about protesting blizzard for the last year and then still give them money anyways. I feel like they vicariously live through other peoples videos in the hopes that blizzard might see one with 200k views on it. "Yeah! We're angry! We're not going to do anything to stop you from making us feel exploited though"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1) Love gaming.
3) Get pussy.

This is why noone takes gamers seriously as an audience, or the industry as an actual industry.

Not even gamers respect gamers, complaints are "first world" or "OP needs a lay".

If this was any other industry, and the product was as misrepresented as this was during the pre-sales, it would be an international scandal.

Imagine Tesla announcing a complete overhaul of systems, doing 2% of that, and launching their cars while initially heavily contesting refunds. Shit would be over the world news.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Gamers are the worst of them all. All outrage is popular but gamer outrage in particular is on another level because these retards talk about protesting blizzard for the last year and then still give them money anyways. I feel like they vicariously live through other peoples videos in the hopes that blizzard might see one with 200k views on it. "Yeah! We're angry! We're not going to do anything to stop you from making us feel exploited though"

for sure. Like yeah I’m pretty angry with them and I won’t buy Diablo 4 day one, but if after a few weeks it’s getting decent reviews then yeah, I’ll pick it up.