Warcraft III: Reforged

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Gamers are the worst of them all. All outrage is popular but gamer outrage in particular is on another level because these retards talk about protesting blizzard for the last year and then still give them money anyways. I feel like they vicariously live through other peoples videos in the hopes that blizzard might see one with 200k views on it. "Yeah! We're angry! We're not going to do anything to stop you from making us feel exploited though"

This is why I deleted my Blizzard account, which included an extremely loaded D3 account, and a hearthstone account with pretty much every card.

I've regretted this at some points in time, but overall deleting your shit and refusing to let them even keep your user data, is the only way to make a statement.

Games are products and should be evaluated as such.

This isn't the "omg paladins do 3% more dps then rangers" kind of outrage, this is the kind of "You said it would have X, Y, and Z. It doesn't have X and Y, and Z doesn't work, and on top of that you deleted my A, which while older did allow Y & Z!".

When a PR message starts with "We are sorry the product didn't meet your expectations", I feel the first question should be "What were those expectations based on?", which in this case was false advertising.

I wonder if they pushed every passionate person out of the company in order to facilitate the process of making sub-standard games.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This is why noone takes gamers seriously as an audience, or the industry as an actual industry.

Not even gamers respect gamers, complaints are "first world" or "OP needs a lay".

If this was any other industry, and the product was as misrepresented as this was during the pre-sales, it would be an international scandal.

Imagine Tesla announcing a complete overhaul of systems, doing 2% of that, and launching their cars while initially heavily contesting refunds. Shit would be over the world news.

I guess the difference is that a Tesla is several orders of magnitude more-expensive than WC3. One is a serious investment that lasts for years and holds your life in your hands. The other is entertainment that is roughly cost of dinner at a mediocre restaurant.

I get being pissed that the game sucked and you can't return it. I just don't get throwing such a hissyfit about it. I was embarrassed for him while watching it. I have a number of games that I had buyer's remorse on and I couldn't return. Sometimes you find out a game sucks beyond the return terms. Acknowledge and move on. Don't trust the fuckers again. But don't act like someone just murdered your dog.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
they own absolutely all of the content in custom games even if you made every asset and audio piece for it, it is now complete property of blizzard and if you object they can ban your account
And it's an exclusive right. Meaning you cannot use it yourself ever again (outside of W3). Made a music? It belongs to Blizzard, and you had it on your channel BEFORE you put it on the mod, they can now DMCA your ass and remove that video - and you are not allowed to contest anymore.

They so want to be sure that the next DOTA will belong to them that they've made sure there is NEVER going to be a DOTA again.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I guess the difference is that a Tesla is several orders of magnitude more-expensive than WC3. One is a serious investment that lasts for years and holds your life in your hands. The other is entertainment that is roughly cost of dinner at a mediocre restaurant.

I get being pissed that the game sucked and you can't return it. I just don't get throwing such a hissyfit about it. I was embarrassed for him while watching it. I have a number of games that I had buyer's remorse on and I couldn't return. Sometimes you find out a game sucks beyond the return terms. Acknowledge and move on. Don't trust the fuckers again. But don't act like someone just murdered your dog.

I think you are entirely wrong by stating that cheaper products should not have quality standards, or that consumers shouldn't complain about products in a lower price range.

But there is far more to that of course.

Did you know you can get a full refund (google says it costs 100$) on your entire Tesla, within 7 days of purchase and under 1000 miles? You don't have to give a reason.

That just shows the difference in mentality. One company accepts that some customers may be unhappy with their 50-100k purchase and has a great refund policy, while Blizzard tried to fight refunds and banned people that asked about them on the forums, and only gave in after the game hit .4/10 on metacritic.

ps. As indicated I don't have a blizz account so I don't own this game. Saw this coming two failures ago.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
That's a straw man. Nowhere did I say "cheaper products should not have quality standards". I write software for a living, some of which, if it were to malfunction, could put human life at risk. I'm a huge believer in processes that ensure quality products. All I am saying is that if the worst thing that happens to you on any given day is that some game you had high hopes for turns out to be shit, that's a pretty good day.

If you guys have any other comments, I'll let you have the last word so we can get off the derail and continue talking about what a turd this game is and why Blizzard is no longer to be a trusted name in the industry.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
just be thankful that it was WC3 they fucked up and not WC4. But then again they will probably fuck up WC4, if they ever make it. Just as they will fuck up D4

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's idiotic to talk about "gamers" as if they aren't a gigantic group of people with a huge range of opinions and tolerances. It's like talking about movie watchers. The gamer outrage you're talking about is an interest of a tiny fraction of "gamers"

There are a bunch of people that don't and won't give a shit about things like this for every one person that complains about it, let alone spends time watching youtube videos about it.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's idiotic to talk about "gamers" as if they aren't a gigantic group of people with a huge range of opinions and tolerances. It's like talking about movie watchers. The gamer outrage you're talking about is an interest of a tiny fraction of "gamers"

There are a bunch of people that don't and won't give a shit about things like this for every one person that complains about it, let alone spends time watching youtube videos about it.

All those gamers share some common demands though, being that games should be as advertised, and games should run smoothly and stable based on their stated requirements.

The problem is that there tends to be endless debate about gameplay, X is OP and Y needs a buff, so some people start to confuse fundamental consumer rights with their balance related opinions.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
All those gamers share some common demands though, being that games should be as advertised, and games should run smoothly and stable based on their stated requirements.

That's the thing: They don't share those demands. Many are happy to just throw their money and time at trash and shrug off any concerns about quality. We see this time and time again with shit AAA releases that make truckloads of money that a good number of people bitch about while a much larger number of people consume the games without a peep.

We are a vocal minority, and a minority of that minority are into the outrage stuff and drive those videos. The large number of views seem impressive until you take time to look at how huge gaming is. "Gamers" comprise over a billion people now. And while the definition of what is required to be considered a "gamer" is going to vary widely, only the most stringent definition is going to be low enough for 100k views on a video to be anything but a very tiny portion of the larger community.

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
That's the thing: They don't share those demands. Many are happy to just throw their money and time at trash and shrug off any concerns about quality. We see this time and time again with shit AAA releases that make truckloads of money that a good number of people bitch about while a much larger number of people consume the games without a peep.

We are a vocal minority, and a minority of that minority are into the outrage stuff and drive those videos. The large number of views seem impressive until you take time to look at how huge gaming is. "Gamers" comprise over a billion people now. And while the definition of what is required to be considered a "gamer" is going to vary widely, only the most stringent definition is going to be low enough for 100k views on a video to be anything but a very tiny portion of the larger community.

Somehow I get the impression you want to say we are a bunch of salty old fucks.

Good point. I'm not 15, while my weekly allowance is decent, I'm going to get annoyed if I spend 40$ on a premium game that is faulty. Kids see that differently. I was gifted Plok as a kid, and never understood it was a fucking nightmare of a game.

My rage is restricted to this forum though. I hope it shines as a beacon for potential buyers.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Somehow I get the impression you want to say we are a bunch of salty old fucks.

Good point. I'm not 15, while my weekly allowance is decent, I'm going to get annoyed if I spend 40$ on a premium game that is faulty. Kids see that differently. I was gifted Plok as a kid, and never understood it was a fucking nightmare of a game.

My rage is restricted to this forum though. I hope it shines as a beacon for potential buyers.

I don't think it's an age thing. I was more critical/outraged about things when I was younger than I am now. I've become more jaded and just don't have the energy to care about these things that much.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you want to take the situation as a literal, "I gave you $30, you gave me a shit game"... then yeah, blowing a gasket over the situation is pretty pathetic. Anyone that $30 is a big deal to has bigger problems than being delivered a bad game.

My anger, annoyance, and sadness comes from further confirmation that Old Blizzard is dead and the people now running the company are lazy, liars & thieves. If you pre-order a digital game in this day and age, you are a mentally handicapped moron that is incentivizing companies to make unfinished, bad games.

So, pretty much, I hate everyone.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Patch is out: Warcraft III Version 1.32.1 Patch Notes

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes
Version 1.32.1
February 6, 2020
Changes and Bug Fixes

• Campaign
    • Players should no longer be met with a “defeat” screen after loading into a mission.
    • Audio levels for some dialogue have been adjusted.
    • The animations, triggers, and cameras for some cutscenes have been tweaked.
    • Disconnecting or logging out will no longer change the save file folder.
    • Fixed a number of issues that would block progression or not give credit for completing missions.
      Developer’s note: Updating a map for these types of fixes invalidates prior saves. This is similar to how replays from prior game client versions no longer work. Campaign progress will not be lost.
  • Custom Games
    • Multiboards should no longer crash custom games.
    • Joining lobbies for the same map no longer creates duplicate versions of the map.
      Developer’s note: This also resolves disconnects from improper map names.
  • Gameplay
    • The rendering of Classic mode has been updated.
    • Resolved an issue with hitching when constructing buildings or training units for the first time.
    • Fixed Ziggurat upgrade animation in Reforged mode.
    • Adjusted animations and portraits for multiple units and buildings.
    • Units completing training while off-screen again have voices.
    • Starting locations are again obscured by the fog of war.
  • Interface
    • Whispers now include the name of the sender.
    • Locale settings for audio and subtitles can now be adjusted independently in Battle .net prior to launching the game.
    • Non-Latin glyphs no longer overlap.
    • A tooltip now displays when hovering over truncated text.
    • Chat keeps up with the latest messages.
    • Heroes on the match results screen are now contained by boundaries.
    • All menus are now distinct between Classic and Reforged graphic settings.
      Developer’s note: We’ve implemented a temporary solution to better inform whether you are playing in Reforged or Classic mode, by applying a sepia tone to the background images for Classic.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dreamcast guy did a video yesterday about their “apology” and hit the nail on the head with it. He then went to do an instant refund and was denied. Haha. Dude was legit one of the biggest WC fanboys out there and now all he has is his bitterness to keep him warm at night.

I love it. MMMmmm.

iu

• 1Dislike
  • 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m pretty bummed too really. I loved all of their IPs and their lore and on one side of things it bums me out to get confirmation like this that they are truly no longer that studio that cared about their content and the people who buy it...but also on the other side of that I get even more bummed knowing I’ll never be excited for another Blizzard product ever again (unless something majorly drastic happens) and it truly makes the gamer in me sad.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is why I deleted my Blizzard account, which included an extremely loaded D3 account, and a hearthstone account with pretty much every card.

I've regretted this at some points in time, but overall deleting your shit and refusing to let them even keep your user data, is the only way to make a statement.

Games are products and should be evaluated as such.

This isn't the "omg paladins do 3% more dps then rangers" kind of outrage, this is the kind of "You said it would have X, Y, and Z. It doesn't have X and Y, and Z doesn't work, and on top of that you deleted my A, which while older did allow Y & Z!".

When a PR message starts with "We are sorry the product didn't meet your expectations", I feel the first question should be "What were those expectations based on?", which in this case was false advertising.

I wonder if they pushed every passionate person out of the company in order to facilitate the process of making sub-standard games.

This is me almost exactly. Hardcore WoW fanboi until the faction grind was so ridiculous. Loved Diablo until D3 garbage. Stuck with Hearthstone until after Brode jumped ship. The quality they release is just subpar now. I remember when people were pissed that Activision bought them...and they were right to be. Seeing companies like Bethesda and Blizzard go down the shitter is sad, but I'm sure as fuck not going to keep paying for garbage product. I don't give a shit if it's $20,000 or $20. I'm not endorsing garbage. I sometimes go to the Hearthstone thread just to feel good. What a terrible game.

iu

• 3Like

bytes

Molten Core Raider
These guys won't even let me update my phone number without giving them a copy of my ID. Can Blizzard please just fuck off.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I the only one who thinks this Grunt upgrade icon looks just way wrong?

xkPILVT.png

someone find the mobile game that uses that very icon.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf