Warframe

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh well, if the grind sounds too crap I'll buy the full Rhino pack instead of his accessories for extractor prime. Just sucks that the plat tiers are 200/400/1200 which kind of makes the $40 packs seem like a rip off. It'd be a big waste to go up to the dual pack though, since I already have Nyx and both her weapons. At least with Rhino I have none of it.

Best thing I saw in the Fortuna part was that neither K-drives nor archwings have charges. Even with archwing beacons being much cheaper now than at PoE release I still hate that shit.

Two Gift of the Lotus missions are up now, one for a potato and one for a melee riven.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
How much of a clusterfuck is it to pick the game up now? I've been playing the closed beta and the intial release, took a long break and came back when Boltor Prime was a great weapon. They went kinda nuts on the shop, is it even playable with older frames/weapons and can you progress reasonably without spending tons of money? How mandatory is a clan; I vaguely remember being part of some huge and totally anonymous throwaway clan which did pretty good in those special missions or whatever the clan mechanic was.

Vorph

It will be a bit of a clusterfuck depending on how much of the star chart you completed before quitting. They drastically changed how progressing from planet to planet works a couple years ago and it may take a little bit to figure out what you need to do to get back into it. If you already had everything unlocked it will be less of an issue and you'll mostly just need to do the story quests and mop up the mission nodes they added while you were gone.

Some old weapons are really good now, especially beam weapons like the Amprex, Ignis [Wraith], Synoid Gammacor, and Atomos, but most of them have been outclassed by the new stuff or nerfed into the ground. You may remember Tonkor and Synoid Simulor being used everywhere--they're garbage now. Older frames are still mostly fine with a few exceptions, and obviously they've released a ton of primes which are direct upgrades. You can check i_wanna_b_the_guy's Tier List but only primary/secondary weapons are up to date and even those take with a grain of salt. Pretty much everything 'non-viable' or on the low end of 'viable' should be avoided. The rest come down to personal preference and, once you really get into it, rivens.

Clans are pretty mandatory since you have to be in one to get a lot of important blueprints from research. You can either join the FoH one which has most stuff unlocked but has very few people still playing regularly or find a mega-clan on the official forum or reddit which should have even stuff like Hema (and maybe even Ignis Wraith) available. The clan stuff you're referring to was owning the dark sector mission nodes, but that's all gone now. Clans are just for research now and ideally for easier access to relic-share, Index, Vodyanoi, eidolon, etc. pre-made groups.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will be a bit of a clusterfuck depending on how much of the star chart you completed before quitting. They drastically changed how progressing from planet to planet works a couple years ago and it may take a little bit to figure out what you need to do to get back into it. If you already had everything unlocked it will be less of an issue and you'll mostly just need to do the story quests and mop up the mission nodes they added while you were gone.

Some old weapons are really good now, especially beam weapons like the Amprex, Ignis [Wraith], Synoid Gammacor, and Atomos, but most of them have been outclassed by the new stuff or nerfed into the ground. You may remember Tonkor and Synoid Simulor being used everywhere--they're garbage now. Older frames are still mostly fine with a few exceptions, and obviously they've released a ton of primes which are direct upgrades. You can check i_wanna_b_the_guy's Tier List but only primary/secondary weapons are up to date and even those take with a grain of salt. Pretty much everything 'non-viable' on the low end of 'viable' should be avoided. The rest come down to personal preference and, once you really get into it, rivens.

Clans are pretty mandatory since you have to be in one to get a lot of important blueprints from research. You can either join the FoH one which has most stuff unlocked but has very few people still playing regularly or find a mega-clan on the official forum or reddit which should have even stuff like Hema (and maybe even Ignis Wraith) available. The clan stuff you're referring to was owning the dark sector mission nodes, but that's all gone now. Clans are just for research now and ideally for easier access to relic-share, Index, Vodyanoi, eidolon, etc. pre-made groups.
pro tips here, game is totally different from when I last played lol. I dont even remember the key binds rip meh

Vorph

Talk about disappointing rivens...
bo_riven.png

I'm used to garbage rolls, but nothing's worse than getting a good roll for a terrible weapon. I don't even think I could make that work on Bo Prime, as even with both the riven and Primed Reach I'm fairly sure that it will have less range than my Atterax with just Primed Reach. Finisher damage is interesting but I assume it is just additive with Savage Silence.

Molten Core Raider
Need a little guidance here. I completed (was carried) through my first Sortie yesterday and got a Riven. The unlock conditions are crazy. Kill 15 enemies while wall running/latching without touching the ground or setting off alarms. Now I've googled this and have tried the Ivara pied-piper strategy to just pull enemies along with Noise Arrow until you have enough, then blow em up. My problem is that I cant seem to actually get 15 enemies. Once I gather a herd of about 9 the enemies seem to stop spawning, I never run into anymore along the path.

Ive tried maps ranging from exterminates on Mercury all the way to spy missions in Kuva Fortress and my enemy count never seems to get higher than 9. Any suggestions?

Doubt

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just did that riven yesterday. Go to Xini on Sedna, bring Gara. Make a gara wall at flag D(make sure your gara wall is not max size you dont want it to big or enemies will be too far away). Cap other flags while you let enemies pile up on the wall at D. Let enemies pile on the wall, then jump and cling to the wall above the elevator. Prefered weapon is atomos.

Vorph

I use Loki for those, his wall latch lasts like 10x longer than the others. There's a few strategies for the mission to use, but I think the kubrow den is probably best. Bring some powerful single shot rifle and a shitty secondary with no mods at all. Hit the den with the secondary, kill the kubrows with the rifle, repeat until done.

I've also heard there's a way to bug it with Titania by wall-latching, using Razorwing and then killing normally.

Molten Core Raider
Ill give the Gara strat a try. I just got her yesterday so she's not leveled yet so doing that will give me something else to do for a bit instead of this frustrating ass riven requirement. I did forget to mention it's a shotgun Riven, so unless im misunderstanding how all this works I gotta have the mod and a shotgun on me for this, which has been hampering my mass murder ability a bit.

edit- no go on the Xini strategy. Apparently me taking one of the interception nodes counts as triggering an alarm so it's insta-fail as soon as I do. If somehow I manage to pull this off and it's a crappy Drakgoon mod Ill put a controller through the tv...

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
All the PoE streamers are now getting into the game and the amount of Destiny fanboys throwing misinformation around when they are learning is higher then I thought it would be. If anyone needs help with Tridolons just send me friend request, can carry a 2x3 by myself so have no problem helping people learn them or get some 3x3 done.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
Need a little guidance here. I completed (was carried) through my first Sortie yesterday and got a Riven. The unlock conditions are crazy. Kill 15 enemies while wall running/latching without touching the ground or setting off alarms. Now I've googled this and have tried the Ivara pied-piper strategy to just pull enemies along with Noise Arrow until you have enough, then blow em up. My problem is that I cant seem to actually get 15 enemies. Once I gather a herd of about 9 the enemies seem to stop spawning, I never run into anymore along the path.

Ive tried maps ranging from exterminates on Mercury all the way to spy missions in Kuva Fortress and my enemy count never seems to get higher than 9. Any suggestions?

The Patagium mod is really helpful for this as it extends the time you can wall latch. Little reading I did on this specific challenge suggests using Loki (with Patagium) on Excavation as a game mode as it's a high spawn rate and doesn't force alarms. I had a similar challenge (minus the alarm thing) and used ember on an infested map.

Vorph

All the PoE streamers are now getting into the game and the amount of Destiny fanboys throwing misinformation around when they are learning is higher then I thought it would be. If anyone needs help with Tridolons just send me friend request, can carry a 2x3 by myself so have no problem helping people learn them or get some 3x3 done.
I'd take you up on that. I never liked PoE enough to seriously grind it in the first ~6 months it was out, but now that I'm back playing again and that's what you have to do to get arcanes I need to get a 212 amp. Working on focus too since that was another grind that I had no interest in before, but now I guess I need more than just the Energizing Dash and Affinity Spike that I've had since Focus 1.0.

Molten Core Raider
The Patagium mod is really helpful for this as it extends the time you can wall latch. Little reading I did on this specific challenge suggests using Loki (with Patagium) on Excavation as a game mode as it's a high spawn rate and doesn't force alarms. I had a similar challenge (minus the alarm thing) and used ember on an infested map.

I did finally pull it off a little bit ago and I was using this mod. It was very helpful for sure. I ended up having to do the Ivara pied piped thing on the first exterminate mission of Kuva Fortress. The trick seemed to be finding a centralized room with enemies off in each direction and luring them all to the center rather than starting at point A and bread-crumbing the enemies along as I looked for more. A Concentrated Arrow enhanced Artemis Bow shot made quick work of the herd once I gathered them up and now Im the not-so-proud owner of a Hek mod that increases punchthrough but reduces magazine size. Yay.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I didn't start the PoE grind till March of this year due to the issues. The only bug remaining I still see is the Eidolons sometimes dipping to another pond as if you had no charged lures attached after a scream phase, which at this point I'm starting to think it's an intentional change with a low chance of them using it but who really knows just means I have to pop an archwing for 5 seconds.

Couple things about Eidolons, wall of text incoming:

Currently up to 80 hydro captures and about to finish the last waybound passives, so in all honest that isn't too long to get a fully passive operator especially since I spent a bunch on getting max VS / Unairu Wisp etc. 2x3 run usually nets around 300k focus that isn't applied to daily cap and I've been doing them in public que casually too instead of organized groups due to the old ilevel problem from WoW now creeping into Eidolons with "Need VS trin, volt, and UW Chroma, 200+ hydro caps for 3x3" which isn't necessary at all.

Biggest thing I can say to anyone who needs help getting started just get a Volt or Harrow with a decent level of duration for shields or covenant (100-130% for Harrow, as much as you can on Volt), I have a VS trinity with Lanka riven that can 1-2 shot joints with Volt shield and 2-3 shot full health Eidolons with Volt or Harrow. Even a decent Oberon with range and duration can work to help with scream phases with his grass and his AoE heal is decent, never had anyone one run the mod that adds radiation damge to other players so not sure how good it is. Chroma can be useful later but is more for when you are capable of running Unairu wisp which increases operator damage by a lot for easier shield take downs. Eidolons are one of the only things that requires teamwork to do well and if everyone contributes to a role it's staggering how fast they can go, even if you've never done one running a Volt with shields is insanely better then coming in with Inaros or something. There are a few off meta picks that can work as well now like Ivara, who actually does great damage when specced right, or Limbo bubble for scream phase but aren't the most optimal.

Another tip I don't see pushed enough especially for people just starting Eidolons or getting into Hydrolyst captures, use Lightning Rod mod for your warframe (Elec resist) and Arcane Nullifier (80% chance to ignore magnetic damage at R3 and is a bronze arcane so decently common once you start killing them) both help survivability a ton especially on Hydrolyst if you are still gearing up as he will blow you up when he wants with either lighting bolts or with his massive magnetic wave pulse he'll randomly fire off with no warning (doesn't have a chance to do this when you kill him fast enough but I've been killed by it when he's in his capture animation so it is really random).

Best waybounds to unlock first in the focus tree are the Vazarin health / regen ones while running Zenurik tree as your main tree with both Void Siphon and Void Flow maxed. Having 650 health and 4h/s regen is so helpful especially when learning the nuance of the fights, can just pop into void mode and heal a decent amount because at 250 health Hydrolyst will one shot your operator with literally anything. Once you have these done just go which ever direction you want, Void Strike is amazing on both Volt and Trin while Unairu Wisp is of course very good on Chroma. Void Strike itself turns any frame with a Lanka into Volt shield levels of damage allowing you to carry even in completely unoptimized groups or will let you run solo Tridolons.

Amp wise get a 1/1/1 immediately if you don't have anything else, the mote amp is such a piece of trash that the 1/1/1 will give you way more damage output for Eidolon shields, you can farm vomvalysts at night for easy sentient cores to turn in for quick faction and only takes a night or two to get enough to get into the real amp blueprints. While the meta is generally X / 2 / 3, with X being w/e prism you like the best, waiting till you get enough Quills faction to get the tier 2 blueprints is a bit of a hindrance and you will still get mastery xp done for the tier 1 prism anyway. Even after a few Tridolons you'll have more then enough sentient cores to turn in for faction and can eventually skip a day or two of killing them and still get max faction turn ins done.

Getting wisps for the parts is of course terrible unless you use a wisp route map to collect them, I preferred to just run a bunch of high tier bounties for the 2 wisp reward which is decently common and still gave me a chance to get 400 endo / Axi Relics / Eidolon focus lens. You can even spend spare Quills faction for them 10k for 1 wisp, pretty bad but capping Quills faction is pretty easy once you get started.

Finally, make sure to have Archwing launchers built (easy to farm for mats just doing high tier bounties, run Itzal if you can for the blink ability) and 20+ Large Squad Energy Restores (can be gotten from syndicates I think or maybe Dojo, insanely cheap to build). The energy pads can be lifesavers when you accidentally get caught by a magnetic scream or Hydro fires off his massive magnetic pulse deleting your energy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing a shitload at the moment, as in, enough to make me forget there's a WoW expansion just around the corner.

I did my first ESO run today with Saryn, full group, Trin, Saryn, Rhino, Equinox... 200k focus at wave 8 (with a booster from the sortie). Amazing.

I was thinking of getting the 1 month affinity booster because of this. Pretty sure I could have all 10 waybounds unlocked if I did. What is your Saryn build?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking of getting the 1 month affinity booster because of this. Pretty sure I could have all 10 waybounds unlocked if I did. What is your Saryn build?
It's nothing special, only about 135% PS, but 235% range. I just need to head out for awhile, when I get back I'll log in and post it (just don't want to log in, get a 3 hour booster and waste half of it).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've never tried an Eidolon before. Only ever done enough POE to get Gara and a bunch of bounties trying to get ember/loki prime until I burned out on them and just bought them for $. So if I wanted to start working towards that is the first things I need to do is grind up quills rep to get better lens, finish working on harrow, and get a decent sniper (my already forma'd vectis prime do the job?). I have a lanka built but haven't used it yet.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never tried an Eidolon before. Only ever done enough POE to get Gara and a bunch of bounties trying to get ember/loki prime until I burned out on them and just bought them for $. So if I wanted to start working towards that is the first things I need to do is grind up quills rep to get better lens, finish working on harrow, and get a decent sniper (my already forma'd vectis prime do the job?). I have a lanka built but haven't used it yet.

Quills rep is easiest at first from just killing the small vomvalysts during the night, usually in pairs of 2 or 3 and die really fast just have to finishing them off with the mote amp when they go ghost form. Take 5k to get to rank 1 with them which unlocks the 1/1/1 amp blueprints, I mostly encourage it because 22k + 15K to get the next tier of amp blueprints which is decent amount of rep depending on your MR.

Honestly haven't tried Vectis Prime, but spec into as much radiation damage as you can as it's the only thing that does well against them. That's why Lanka is pretty mandatory being the best Radiation damage weapon on top of sniper rifle scaling, will take about 5 forma to get the Lanka up to where it should be.