Warframe

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
Im the not-so-proud owner of a Hek mod that increases punchthrough but reduces magazine size. Yay.

Just an FYI, you can reroll Riven mods up to 10 times each for Kuva. The Kuva cost increases for each reroll so keep that in mind. Also, the Hek is amazing shotgun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You get to take the T1 scaffold and one of the T2 parts when you rank up though, so it's really only an extra 5k rep for the last part to make a 212 instead of a 111. I went with that since you need to make getting to rank 3 a priority in order to gild it anyway.

If you don't get carried for rep the best way to get it is to follow the teralyst around annoying it to make the vomvalysts spawn constantly. It's boring as hell but you can cap your rep in one night if you really want to. I use Gara, but pretty much any frame with permanent -90% damage reduction would do.

For wisps an easy thing to do is use Itzal and suck them in with his 3.
---------------
As far as Saryn goes, there's lots of ways to set her up depending on if you're in a pug or pre-made. I put 3 forma into her (- aura, VVVD- on main) and can run just about any combination of mods I want. The biggest problem with pugging with her is that you're going to get a ton of groups that have 3-4 Saryns in them and I find I get a lot less focus because of it.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Kill frames get the lions share of the focus in a group.. if you don't have your weapons with lens.The guy I duo with is running Trinity because at least if we run Saryn/Trin, we can at least get 4 rounds done without a drama. For Trinity to get the same focus as my Saryn, he drops all weapons minus his primary so he only needs 2 lens. 8th round is tough without some form of CC frame.

PS: If you want to start doing Eidolons, use Rhino if you have none of the speciality frames and a Lanka for damage, and just roll the teralyst on the night cycle in bounty browser in Cetus. Minimum fuss and a low entry level.

Vorph

I've been doing ESO with just Saryn+Atterax, eidolon lenses on both. Now that I think about it, you're right and the group comp shouldn't matter. I guess it's just that I've been grouped with people who can't manage to stick fairly close together and I'm losing affinity from being out of range. People dying during convergence is a big problem too, since it ends up taking at least one other person out of the fight too.

Edit: The build I settled on for pugs is Corrosive Projection, Primed Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Overextended, Stretch, Augur Reach, Vitality, Hunter Adrenaline, Quick Thinking, and Cunning Drift. Best results so far:
ESO.png

Other dudes were Limbo, Nova, and Harrow. That's without a booster too.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I wish I'd been streaming the pug with Trin/Volt/Saryn and Rhino. I ended up about 3.5k kills, and volt had almost as many.

Molten Core Raider
Just an FYI, you can reroll Riven mods up to 10 times each for Kuva. The Kuva cost increases for each reroll so keep that in mind. Also, the Hek is amazing shotgun.

I knew you could reroll Rivens, but I havent really looked into it yet. Unlocking the silly thing was enough annoyance for one day. I tend to favor the Tigris these days as my go-to shotgun but if I can salvage this riven into something workable I may hop back over to the Hek. There is at least potential with it, the only other riven I've earned so far was for the Paracyst...

Speaking of, what do you do with garbage rivens? Just smash them into Endo?

Goonsquad Officer
The opticor is my main jam and i some times use the ignis (i need an ignis wraith :( )

does anyone have any experience with the amprex or synapse? I like to tinker with weird weapons and the amprex sounds pretty apeshit with it's chain lightning bullshit. is it viable or mostly a CC weapon?

Vorph

Hek is a great riven to have, since you can stick it in Vaykor Hek as well. Tigris Prime is just way too much overkill for most content, you kill something with 20x the damage necessary then spend 80% of your time reloading it. Vaykor Hek is much more suited to all but the hardest missions.

Amprex is probably the best primary in the game right now. It's a "kill everything in sight" weapon. Only real downside is that it needs at least 4 forma (5 if you want to use Heavy Cal) to fit a good loadout.

Goonsquad Officer
ahh great to hear it's viable. I noticed it's disposition was 3 so i presume it's popularity was moving up lately.

do you have a build for the uber amprex by chance vorph? i'm really out of the loop about finding good builds these days :(

I'm not scared of a heavy forma weapon. my opticor has like 5 taters in it. heh.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So a few PoE streamers I watch are now playing this game (probably until the Flashback league) and there does seem to be some similarities in that this game can be crazy complex and reading these last few pages seems to confirm it.

I suck at shooters generally, but I don't mind them. Worthwhile to give it a whirl? Any good starting guides?

Goonsquad Officer
There's a few weapons that don't need pinpoint accuracy to work. and a few melee builds. so you don't have to be great at FPS, though being able to keep up when everyone starts to parkour around is good

Vorph

ahh great to hear it's viable. I noticed it's disposition was 3 so i presume it's popularity was moving up lately.

do you have a build for the uber amprex by chance vorph? i'm really out of the loop about finding good builds these days :(
With 4 Forma I use: Serration, Split Chamber, Vigilante Armaments, Vigilante Fervor, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hunter Munitions, and a dual ele mod for corr/mag/rad damage. With 5, I would swap the dual stat for a standard ele. With 6 I'd use Primed Cryo Chamber if I need magnetic. At 5 or 6, you can also consider swapping Hunter Munitions for Heavy Caliber if you don't need slash procs (they're good for murdering Nox and some bosses super fast). Need 7 (VVVVVV-) to use both Heavy Cal and Primed Cryo, since it's not practical to put a D polarity on it.

Edit: Vile Acceleration may be better than upgraded crits from Vigilante Fervor too, haven't really tested it. It would require changing one of the V polarities to a - if you want to use it. Primed Shred is a possibility too, since Amprex can make use of punchthrough, but I am a long way from that one still. The real shame is there's no real way to justify Sinister Reach on there.

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
Cool great stuff. good to know. I may need to pick up a primed cryo and hunter munitions. I don't THINK i have those. hmm

I really love weird weapons :)

Vorph

Primed Cryo is a fairly minor upgrade. Good to have it but a 16D polarity is a pain in the ass since practically nothing else on rifles uses D. Hunter Munitions is ridiculously good on just about every crit gun, it's a mod everyone should have.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So a few PoE streamers I watch are now playing this game (probably until the Flashback league) and there does seem to be some similarities in that this game can be crazy complex and reading these last few pages seems to confirm it.

I suck at shooters generally, but I don't mind them. Worthwhile to give it a whirl? Any good starting guides?

I usually play SSFHC or HC on PoE and I don't think Warframe is as complex. Maybe if you compare it to Destiny sure. It also seems so far that unlike PoE you aren't really punished for not having a perfect or near perfect build. Just maxing out your warframe / choice of weapons and throwing decently ranked generic damage/survival mods will get you burning through content with ease if you have good FPS skills.

I've been referencing the reddit thread through -
It's pretty easy to pick up and get going if you don't overthink it. The worst part of the game is the time gating if you aren't pumping plat in as a new player. You have to be super diligent in crafting new gear and doing your MR rank ups. It does keep me from run away binge playing though since it's so easy to max out the handful of warframes/weapons you'll have access to get to L30 and then you're stuck waiting for 12-84 hours to craft things. Also the Archwing missions are just not fun imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I got a 3 day credit booster from sorties today, so I might as well farm up the ~30M credits I need while it lasts. Anyone have a suggestion for a good Index soloing setup? Don't say Rhino, I never even bothered to potato him and I'm certainly not going to the day before the vault opens.

Right now I'm clearing medium in 8-10 6-7 minutes (I was a dumbass and forgot to use Enemy Radar) using Inaros and Tigris Prime (rad/viral). There's got to be something better though, I'm just using his massive HP pool to brute force it; his abilities don't even work in there. I could have sworn pocket sand used to blind them and open the humanoid ones to finishers but it isn't doing shit for me today.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ash with dagger + covert lethality + fatal teleport can work well, though Mesa is probably still king though. Probably just best to run a Rhino / Mesa duo for the fastest, never really bother soloing high index.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't use amprex without sinister reach.. the QoL that mod provides makes the gun so much more fun.
Also like most weapons the best build depends heavily on what you're going to use it for. Going overboard with slash procs is wasteful when you aren't using it on sortie or endless more than 20 minutes (I tend to use shotguns and akstiletto for those). My amprex is designed for killing everything on the map asap when I'm farming resources or opening relics, so it involves sinister reach and shred.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Saryn
Warframe0012.jpg
Amprex (standard)
Warframe0011.jpg
Saryn 8 round run (the volt quit on wave 7)
Warframe0009.jpg