Warframe

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm not a fan of atterax either, the stances for it seem .... slow? Or maybe clunky is the better word (atterax + warcry + zerker + fury is anything but slow).
Atterax without Maiming Strike is worthless.

It doesnt feel as crisp as fighting with dual blades/daggers and having to constantly slide for it to be OP with maiming strike seems anti fun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, if you want to actually swing a melee weapon rather than do nothing but slide attack, get a heavy blade. Galatine Prime, the Zaw that uses the scythe head (Dokrahm+Shtung+_______), etc.

Never found that to be particularly effective or efficient though, not even Galatine Prime. Far as I'm concerned there's only three types of melee weapons: huge slide attack and range for Maiming Strike, CL daggers, and stat sticks like Jaw Sword or Skana for Gara/Atlas/whoever.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Went 2 for 15 on R1 rads today, starting to think the drop rate is artificially lower or something.

Vorph

2 from 15 radshares? Ouch.

I still can't even get the relics. Did another hour of Ukko (50ish runs) and got 2 R1.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't ran anything but Ukko doing the 1 min runs with Volt, they seemed to be really streaky when I'll get them 2 or 3 within 10 mins then nothing for 40 or so. The Meso N6 have a much higher drop chance it seems, got about 22 of them.

Vorph

Haven't ran anything but Ukko doing the 1 min runs with Volt, they seemed to be really streaky when I'll get them 2 or 3 within 10 mins then nothing for 40 or so. The Meso N6 have a much higher drop chance it seems, got about 22 of them.
Drop table says 6.67% for all 15 relics that come from Ukko.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've had a fairly even split of N6 and R1 from Ukko. Radshares on the other hand haven't been even.. 0 Rhino blueprints and a small mountain of Nyx neuroptics so far.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I have memeing strike, just don't like the playstyle. Atterax has nice range though, my favorite melee is probably lesion, followed by orthos prime.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've had a fairly even split of N6 and R1 from Ukko. Radshares on the other hand haven't been even.. 0 Rhino blueprints and a small mountain of Nyx neuroptics so far.

Least it seems consistently rare, will take longer to hit the 10 sets I want to farm before in closes but at least I'm set on relics for a long ass time as I'm up to like 330 total Neo relics now.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to acquire platinum directly? As in, directly from the game? Or is all platinum purchased at some point or another?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there a way to acquire platinum directly? As in, directly from the game? Or is all platinum purchased at some point or another?

All of it is purchased at some point through DE no other way for it to enter the economy other then giveaways from streams etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm a little confused by some of the things I'm seeing early in the game. I'm trying to get off Earth so I can farm the boss on Venus for a Rhino blueprint. I just killed Vor and the game says I need to kill 3 Eximus enmies before I can leave, yet I have no idea where those fuckers are.

I go to Cetus as it looks like the only mission to make some progress. The bounty looks like the only thing I can do there. I think this is coop? Level 1-5 enemies spawn within 100 yards of level 18 enemies. How the fuck am I supposed to do this mission?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't bother with cetus any time soon, its mostly endgame content.

Eximus can spawn randomly in any mission. Do a defense and you're likely to see some by round 5.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm a little confused by some of the things I'm seeing early in the game. I'm trying to get off Earth so I can farm the boss on Venus for a Rhino blueprint. I just killed Vor and the game says I need to kill 3 Eximus enmies before I can leave, yet I have no idea where those fuckers are.

I go to Cetus as it looks like the only mission to make some progress. The bounty looks like the only thing I can do there. I think this is coop? Level 1-5 enemies spawn within 100 yards of level 18 enemies. How the fuck am I supposed to do this mission?

Eximus enemies will spawn past wave 5 on a defense mission and in higher level missions just do an earth defense to wave 10. You'll see them a lot later, think of them like yellow or unique mobs in PoE.

The initial Cetus bounty quest you have to do, prove yourself to Konzu I think it's called, do it during the day. Night time everything gets harder, all you have to do is complete the one round of the bounty then head back into Cetus and you've got it done.

Goonsquad Officer
after a time you can farm prime parts and sell those for platinum to players. it's not a ton but it's all you need to buy more gun or frame slots. Like Croetec said, it was all purchased in game by a whale at some point :)

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is there a reason to do index solo instead of public? I unlocked it yesterday and did a handful of low risk. I won all 5, but only got the return on 4 of them since I didn't understand banking adds to the timer the first game. Swapped to public and got it done super quickly by comparison. Also the story plot twist worthy of M Night Shamalamadingdong.

Like others have said. Defense (5+ rounds) or Survival (10+ mins) is the way to go to get the spawns. Also as a heads up when you do get to Venus and farm that Rhino BP you won't have the materials to craft it since they are on a different planet further along. That will be the case for a quite a few things like Morphics, Plastids, Gallium, Nano Spores etc. It's super annoying so don't beat your head against a wall trying to find them prior.

Also bounties are useless for a long while. I hit almost 100 hours in this weekend and finally some of the stuff I've gotten is getting used.

And if someone will invite you to a clan and has researched most things you can pick up like half a dozen warframes blueprints from the tenno lab which I just found out last night...

Vorph

Index requires coordination to do well. You want one person carrying all the points ideally. When I solo it, I shoot for three turn-ins of 17(+8) for a win in less than 5 minutes. If you're grouped and everyone is doing their own thing you could need up to 75 actual kills instead of just 51 in my case. Granted, they'll (probably) do it faster than the AI bots, but the AI bots being stupid isn't actually that bad a thing. They die, drop a point, then you kill the enemy and pick up 2 points.

Bottom line, I would solo medium risk or I would try to get a pre-made for high risk. PUGing medium just doesn't seem like it would be efficient most of the time. That's using my max hp Inaros and a Tigris Prime for solo, how well you do depends a lot on being able to survive while carrying 15+ points while having 0 energy. Next time I have a boost running I'm going to try a 3 forma pure radiation Arca Plasmor instead of the Tigris. It's so bad when you miss a shot because the enemy dodged at the last second when you only have 2 barrels before reload. I think the Arca will be more effective against medium risk enemies even if it takes 3 shots to kill late in the match.

As for bounties, some stuff you get from them is useful immediately. Gara, for instance. There's some really good mods in there too, even for new players (or especially for new players that haven't had a vet dump a bunch of the must-have ones on them). I'd still focus on doing the star chart first and foremost, but if you need a break bounties are a good diversion.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone has Suda / Hexis weapons available for trade I've got Loka / Veil / Perrin available when reputation allows. Finishing off last few things to get MR25.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Got a 3 hour credit booster as login reward. Ruined planet progression for the night, but I made 9 million before it ran out so I'm pretty happy I am not on welfare at least for a little while. Started crafting literally every blueprint I've collected but had no money for.

Is there a good MR that let's you access pretty much everything? Thought I saw an MR15 Riven mod is that the highest? I was contemplating stopping at MR10 if that let's me do all the quests at least.