Warframe

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Two Gifts of the Lotus running for another ~22 hours. First one is a super low level Corpus defense for a potato. The second one for a pistol riven is amazing if you want to level something though. Four waves of Grineer interception took my freshly forma'ed Nova Prime to max rank because the mission is 100% eximus units. Tons of leech eximus and the level is 40-60, so don't count on QT/Primed Flow being enough to survive.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like the idea of turning channeling into a "Devil Trigger" type ability they are toying around with.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
ESO in a standard queue is a shit show. I've been solely playing Trinity while I solo queue, and Saryn if I'm duoing. The sheer number of frames/per run, that have no business in ESO is staggering. The number of single round runs is ... terrifying. It's taking between 2 to 3 hours a day to cap focus. I'll continue to suffer through it -- it's still the fastest way to cap 360k focus in a day.

Vorph

ESO in a standard queue is a shit show. I've been solely playing Trinity while I solo queue, and Saryn if I'm duoing. The sheer number of frames/per run, that have no business in ESO is staggering. The number of single round runs is ... terrifying.
It's been a bit hit or miss for me. Most days I get it done in two rounds of 8, so about 45 minutes. Yesterday it took three because people kept leaving at round 1-2 and I soloed or duoed zone 6 before finally giving up. Zone 6 this week is the Orokin ring, no way I'm bailing before that as it's the only decent map in the entire ESO pool. There's definitely a ton of people who have no damn business in ESO but I just ignore them, especially if they die during convergence. No way I'm stopping to revive during that. I think your mistake might be bringing Trinity; unless I get another Saryn or a Volt who doesn't spend the whole time dead I end up doing 80% of the damage or more. If you get a shit group with Trinity it's pretty much game over.

It's taking between 2 to 3 hours a day to cap focus. I'll continue to suffer through it -- it's still the fastest way to cap 360k focus in a day.
Is it? I'm curious because Banshee used to be able to cap 350k focus in 10 minutes or less with Savage Silence on Adaro. I know the retarded melee nerf hurt that somewhat, but I assumed it was still at least mostly doable even if it took long because you'd lose the stealth multiplier more often when you can't hit through walls. Talking boosted of course, I got a 30 day running to make focus farming bearable at all and I decided it was time to spend the 60+ forma I had left from Twitch drops last year.

I'm not sure though, and that's why I only have two of my 10 eidolon lenses equipped (Saryn P/Atterax). I hate playing Banshee after the nerf turned Resonating Quake into garbage so I really don't want to waste a lens on her if Savage Silence is ruined now too. Volt is definitely getting a Vazarin lens as soon as I finish with Madurai on Saryn, which thankfully is soon because I'm getting sick of post-rework Saryn. If Banshee isn't viable then maybe I'll go back to the Equinox way of soloing Adaro on days when I can't stomach any more ESO. No clue on weapons other than Guandao for the other 3 lenses. I can't see any reason to ever put a lens on a non-melee weapon as long as Naramon exists, which is annoying because I get pretty tired of melee and would like to use my Amprex/Ignis Wraith/Prisma Grakata/etc. at least some of the time. Not at the cost of 45% affinity/focus to the weapon lens though.

So other than the obvious stuff like Saryn, Volt, Trinity, and Limbo (the latter two of which I'm not touching in a PUG), what do people use?

Last edited:

Vorph

Another unrelated question, did I screw up by not making my dagger zaw out of Balla/Peye/VJ2? I didn't realize at the time just how strong the new dagger stance is (guaranteed finisher after 5 hits even if you aren't stealthing/tossing pocket sand/fatal teleporting) so I made a much slower one because weapon speed doesn't actually make finishers faster, only Primed Fury/Berserker/Gladiator Vice does. Now I'm thinking everything but base speed and crit is irrelevant since all I want to do is get off five attacks as fast as possible and enough crits to keep Berserker stacks rolling. Status % doesn't even matter since the stance has automatic procs too.

Anyone made a rapier zaw? I want to use my Plague Kripath since it makes a much better rapier than a polearm (Cyath is best there), but I only have one recipe and don't want to mess it up. I'm pretty sure I want a hybrid to do a CO build with, but not sure if it's better to go super fast for more procs but much lower raw dps, or just slow/medium speed for raw dps and just enough procs to hopefully sustain CO at 3-5 (with Artax) stacks.

Are you asking what frames people SHOULD be using, or actually are?
Asking what else besides Saryn + Atterax and Volt + Guandao (not that I'll actually melee anything with Volt, but still need to carry a weapon to suck up an extra 45% focus on that lens from team kills) people are using successfully. For either ESO pugging or Adaro solo-stealthing, if Adaro is even practical at all post-melee-nerf. I really don't want to delete my lenses as I finish getting the useful things in each school, mainly because I find focus to be boring as hell and by the time I get 4-5M focus from one setup I probably don't ever want to look at it again.

Last edited:

Vorph

Back on the topic of PUGs, I don't even know how to tell what's going to be good and what will suck anymore. Only real clue seems to be "does someone die 30 seconds into zone 1".. beyond that it's a complete crap shoot. I just got home late, 30 min before daily reset, and hopped into ESO. Got Mesa, Ex Umbra, and Nidus. I did 75% of the damage, the Excal was basically dead weight, Nidus pretty much picked a spot and set up shop with his Larva and maggots and never moved, not really sure what Mesa was doing. Despite this I consistently got 20k+25k from every convergence except zone 2 and finished the daily focus in one go. Usually when I have to kill most of the stuff myself I end up with around 10k+10k from orbs, no idea what was different this time.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Mesa is reasonable, but Nidus is a machine. He'd be about the only other frame I'd recommend. My list would be something like Saryn, Trinity, Volt, Nidus, Nova, Equinox. Rhino works extremely well for that 4th frame, but he's worthless if there's 2, or if there's no Saryn/Volt to actually do the killing.

The first mission of the day gives bonus xp (close to or better than double). So you probably hit that magic 4x xp with the booster.

I've got a plague polearm, slide attacks with that hit for 50k+ viral damage on the average. Never bothered with a rapier. I will check out this dagger thing though, sounds fun. Does that trigger CL?

Vorph

Nah, I started at 19:30ish so we were done just before the reset. I thought the first mission was just double credits though, did they add affinity to it too? I always used to do sortie 3 as the first mission of the day to get 100k (or 200k boosted) credits, until I finally realized how easy Index was.

I believe the correct dagger is Balla/Peye/VJ2, it's the 1.25 attack speed / 25% crit one. And yeah, with Stinging Thorn you just hold down forward and spam melee attack and the 5th hit will open a finisher for Covert Lethality. Its attack speed maxes out around 4 per second with all the mods and even more ridiculous with a riven, so I guess an auto-repeat macro would be a must too.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
God damn, Volt is insane in ESO.

I've started crafting that dagger, so I'll get to play around with it in an hour.

Vorph

I hope the dagger's good, had to spend a small fortune in rep to buy a bunch of BPs to get ready to build it. Still need to mine a bunch of pyrol before I can start though.

Spent an entire day/night cycle this morning trying to get Gladiator Vice too, with no luck. Can't believe shit like that and Augur Secrets still cost 50+p after all this time even if they are the rares.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
What Volt build / weapon setup are you using?

Volt Prime:
Warframe0014.jpg

and the weapons? who gives a shit, I didn't even need to fire them. But I'll include my Amprex for giggles.

Amprex:
Warframe0015.jpg

Vod Weapons Test

Last edited:

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been playing this for about 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. I'm having an issue that is really starting to hinder me on missions.

When I start taking fire either heavy or light, my toon starts waving around his sword to deflect incoming projectiles. It's interrupting my firing and my reloading. Is this something I can turn off somewhere?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Been playing this for about 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. I'm having an issue that is really starting to hinder me on missions.

When I start taking fire either heavy or light, my toon starts waving around his sword to deflect incoming projectiles. It's interrupting my firing and my reloading. Is this something I can turn off somewhere?

Sounds like you’re in melee mode vs just using quick melee.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider

Do you have the Mod called Reflex Guard on your warframe? If so, remove it.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ahh yes, I do have that mod equipped. Thanks!

Also, is there a good Endo farming method? I've found 3 sculptures so far and those have been good sources of Endo but now I'm getting to the point where I need over 1k for fusing mods.

Missions are bringing in maybe 15-30ish. Sometimes I'll get a reward of 50 on a survival mission. I have a lot of duplicate mods saved up but didn't know if I should use them for transmutes or sell for endo.

I just unlocked Europa if that matters at all.

Last edited:

Vorph

Vod Weapons Test
Test should be Hunter Munitions vs. Argon Scope imo. That riven is the same as my Prisma Grakata one, just a bit lower values due to disposition, and it + Hunter Munitions is godlike since it pushes the Grakata over 100% crit as well. By using the Scope instead of the riven you're giving up 92.3% electric to gain 2.7% crit chance. Outside simulacrum it's even worse since Argon Scope won't have 100% uptime.

I haven't tested it extensively, but I do know I can kill a Nox a lot faster with HM than with any other mod I've put in Amprex's "free" slot.

For pugging ESO with Volt, this is what I settled on:

Warframe Builder

I have another D polarity on him, so with a Trinity around I could drop Capacitance for Vitality and Fleeting Expertise for Intensify.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Also, is there a good Endo farming method? I've found 3 sculptures so far and those have been good sources of Endo but now I'm getting to the point where I need over 1k for fusing mods.

First up, the BEST source of Endo right now is the Arena on Vodyanoi. Requires special set up to get a shit ton of Endo.

Second best source of Endo I've found is casually running Cetus bounties.

Coming in at third place is the "endless" mission types.

Statues with inserted Atayan stars are another great source. So doing the Sortie daily will help out with that.

Don't forgot that you can dissolve duplicate mods for Endo as well. Once a week I'll go through and select "duplicates" in the Mod panel and start dissolving keeping at least 2 unranked mods of each type.

Sorry for the late reply, in the process of building this new machine, the crashes I was having became waaaay to much of an issue.