Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ahhh, ok. Only MR4 here. Guess ill just keep running these shitty missions non-stop hoping for drops.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm requiring Neurodes for EVERYTHING... Am I missing another spot to farm them efficiently? This is awful.

You can get them on the Plains of Eidolon, but hands down the best place to farm them is ODS (Orokin Derelict Survival). You just need either a Hydroid or a Nekros to farm them reliably. OD-X has the benefit of also dropping Orokin Cells. The defence mission on Akkad is pretty much worthless now. I'd hit the the survival on Eris, and make sure you clear every room, you should see 1-2 Neurode Mass per clear. These will drop up to 2 neurodes at a time.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it was Sunday just like the Maroo ayatan thing. Finally... that shit was the worst.

Got kuva from the sortie today and decided to roll my Kohm riven a few times, ended up with this:

Would have vastly preferred it to be status instead of crit of course, but I wonder if it's still good/valuable enough to stop rolling. I don't know much about the weapon, not really a fan and really only use it for farming with Nekros.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Got a riven that requires me to use an archwing in the plains and get headshots, never going to unlock that pistol riven...

Itzal with a gamacor makes this real essy. Fly close to the ground up to an enemy, turn invisible on, unload in the grineer's face. Done.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it was Sunday just like the Maroo ayatan thing. Finally... that shit was the worst.

Got kuva from the sortie today and decided to roll my Kohm riven a few times, ended up with this:

Would have vastly preferred it to be status instead of crit of course, but I wonder if it's still good/valuable enough to stop rolling. I don't know much about the weapon, not really a fan and really only use it for farming with Nekros.
Keep rolling. Or sell. -minus projectile speed is terrible negative on shotgun rivens. Shotguns have damage dropoff so that riven will make your damage drop off distance about half.

Vorph

Ah, I forgot about projectile speed affecting hitscan weapons with falloff. I never really use shotguns anymore except when there's the extremely rare mission that actually calls for the damage of a Tigris Prime. And Arca Plasmor, but that's a "shotgun" in name only.

Vorph

50p, 7-day affinity & resource boosters from Twitch Prime going on for the next month or so. The plat is non-tradeable like what newb accounts get, and the boosters will probably start ticking down the first time you log in, so plan accordingly.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Just an FYI, but I find normal sanctuary onslaught with Volt to be a more reliable focus farm than elite. I use max range, efficiency, as much strength as I can manage volt and I wipe enemies so fast that doesn't matter who I am teamed with.

Vorph

Might have to try that. I'm finding Volt to be wildly inconsistent compared to Saryn, as well as a real drag to play anytime there is not a Trinity (or at least Limbo) around. I end up having to bring Zenurik instead of Naramon which tanks my focus gain and makes me want to bring Amprex or Ignis Wraith... but I still need ~2M more focus from my Atterax w/eidolon Zenurik lens on it.

I actually had an ESO group chump out at zone 5 yesterday. That shit would never happen with Saryn, even if the rest of the group contributed nothing at all.

Vorph

Yeah, I doubt the focus gain is much different in SO compared to ESO. The extra affinity you get from killing higher levels is rather pathetic in this game. Same reason I do Telesto to rank up weapons with Ivara instead of Adaro.

I should probably stop doing ESO entirely once I get the final two pieces I need to build Braton and Lato Vandals.
-----------------------

Who was it that offered a tridolon carry a while back? I have pretty much everything I need to start soloing them except for my first (212) amp, and the thought of following the teralyst around long enough to kill 100ish more vomvalysts has had me putting it off for weeks. Kind of dumb to keep procrastinating now that I've finished Madurai, have 6-forma Lanka, and several frames capable of doing it easily though.

Goonsquad Officer
is lanka the go to eidolin gun? does it out damage the opticor on that? (i don't know the sentient fight stuff at all :( )

also, they seem to have added an arcade machine you can put in your lander that comes with a fighting game. i got it but i didn't have another player to fight :(. there seem to be 2 other games simaris sells.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I doubt the focus gain is much different in SO compared to ESO. The extra affinity you get from killing higher levels is rather pathetic in this game. Same reason I do Telesto to rank up weapons with Ivara instead of Adaro.

I should probably stop doing ESO entirely once I get the final two pieces I need to build Braton and Lato Vandals.
-----------------------

Who was it that offered a tridolon carry a while back? I have pretty much everything I need to start soloing them except for my first (212) amp, and the thought of following the teralyst around long enough to kill 100ish more vomvalysts has had me putting it off for weeks. Kind of dumb to keep procrastinating now that I've finished Madurai, have 6-forma Lanka, and several frames capable of doing it easily though.

I now, have gotten 5 pms in game on how my volt is crushing it so hard in SO. I'm pretty happy about that. The key for me is using zenurik and the synoid gamacor. This allows me to spam my 4 for the first 45 seconds of the wave.

PS I'm a big fan of 223 amp. Not saying other amps don't have their perspectives but that one is all win.

Goonsquad Officer
I may need an idiot's guide to volt-smash. I'm pretty uneducated on the frame and the whole process :(

Vorph

PS I'm a big fan of 223 amp. Not saying other amps don't have their perspectives but that one is all win.
That was going to be my second amp, but it's looking like the new x43 (243 for now, 443 if not being able to shoot it through Volt's shield is a bug that gets fixed) combo made everything else obsolete.

Btw, the new T4 parts have the same ingredients as the T1 parts do, which is probably a bug that will be hotfixed quickly (especially since the new T4 brace is completely broken). So at least build a scaffold and prism asap if you're rank 4 with Quills.

Edit: Cancel that, they went and nerfed the T4 scaffold into the ground today while fixing the Volt shield bug. So I guess it's back to 223 being the best.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Gift of the Lotus x2 is up for another ~19h. Shotgun Riven and weapon potato.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
is lanka the go to eidolin gun? does it out damage the opticor on that? (i don't know the sentient fight stuff at all :( )

also, they seem to have added an arcade machine you can put in your lander that comes with a fighting game. i got it but i didn't have another player to fight :(. there seem to be 2 other games simaris sells.

The short answer is yes, because of combo counter for sniper rifles and radiation damage a 6 forma lanka can take out a joint with a single clip. The big variable though is the riven. If you have a great riven for rubico, vectis prime, opticor, arca plasmor(a few others) take a look at using thoughs instead.

I'm also going to add if you are starting out on eidolon hunts look at picking up an R3 and R1 nullifier arcanes. If your magnetic protection is 100 you are immune to the energy drain proc.

Goonsquad Officer
I doubt I'm on that tier yet. I dont' really have any arcanes, my opiticor is fairly monstrous though. I could maybe tinker the build up some for a bit more spice:

1534644661585.png

1534644682030.png
or
1534644713738.png

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider