Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
He's niche for eidolons, but he was nerfed there and isn't ridiculously better than others anymore.

Anywhere else I wouldn't put him in my top 20 choices for any game mode. He's not complete trash like Revenant, Nyx, Ember, Atlas, Hydroid, Vauban, or Wukong, but still nothing I'd ever choose over the top tier frames.

He got nerfed down to just barely being number one instead of why would you use anything else for eidolons. He is the go to frame on all assasination missions. He is awesome on survival missions.

Really the only down side is he is slow. He can't be perfect at everything.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just started this. I'm in a Loki. Don't know if that's good or bad, have no idea what I'm doing and just want to F2P this until COD comes out so I'm just casual as fuck right now.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Why mire with riven? Thought her whip was an exalted weapon.

Her whipclaw scales off the equipped weapon including riven, the only thing excluded are acolytes mods and range. It also scales from the melee weapon combo counter and there is a new augment as well. In a long survival her whipclaw can reach a million damage.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why mire with riven? Thought her whip was an exalted weapon.
Mire because of the syndicate mod and riven disposition and it works out slightly better damage than Jaw Sword when you take the innate toxin into account. Jaw Sword + riven is for Gara, with completely different stat priorities, since Gara can't use anything but raw/ele damage mods and Khora uses almost everything except acolyte mods and +range.

The mods that affect Whipclaw include:

can you have vinari and another doggo?
Yes. I usually bring my smeeta, or Helios if lack of vacuum is going to be a problem.

Goonsquad Officer
lately i've ran around with a helminth charger when using inarros, is there a doggo that is innately better than the rest? just smeeta for the buffs?

Vorph

lately i've ran around with a helminth charger when using inarros, is there a doggo that is innately better than the rest? just smeeta for the buffs?
All the dogs are MR fodder imo. Either cat is good, but I prefer smeeta because I don't care about damage nearly as much as the utility/loot stuff (especially the chance of getting 2x void traces when cracking relics). I almost never use anything but Carrier Prime with most frames though; Ammo Case is too important for the guns I use 95% of the time. Smeeta only gets to come out and play when the frame or melee weapon will be doing all the killing, and even then sometimes you just really need vacuum.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chrome Prime on Sept 25th, plaguestar going on as well. Guess I'll have to take a break from Delve League for a bit.

Goonsquad Officer
yea i hammered a lot of plague star last night. I'll prolly buy the rest of the goods tonight then use the "help all my friends do it" pointses to buy some of the resources. or save them for next time.

Goonsquad Officer
so the operation plague star plague kreepath thingy got me thinking about zaws. should i build a zaw instead of using dropped weapons? how good are they? is there a good online resource about minmaxing them? is the plague kreepath that good?

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
so the operation plague star plague kreepath thingy got me thinking about zaws. should i build a zaw instead of using dropped weapons? how good are they? is there a good online resource about minmaxing them? is the plague kreepath that good?
Zaw Builder

Vorph

Plague Kripath is a good rapier base. Cyath is as good or better at making a polearm, especially if you want to just stick to making one of each of the strikes for MR.

IMO:
Balla - Dagger
Dokrahm - Heavy Blade
Kronsh - MR fodder
Ooltha - MR fodder
Plague Keewar - Staff (scythe's lack of range makes it worthless)
Plague Kripath - Rapier
Rabvee - MR fodder
Sepfahn - MR fodder
Dehtat - MR fodder
Cyath - Polearm
Mewan - MR fodder

If it doesn't say MR fodder then the zaw is easily or at least arguably the best-in-class for that weapon. Some of that could possibly change whenever melee 3.0 hits, but personally I think big 2H weapons will always be king for everything except covert lethality finishers no matter what they do.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
100th Baro visit is a big pile of disappointment unless you need the mods, why the hell they were hyping this up I have no clue.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well the elite alerts are at least challenging and will seem to solve endo problems for people, got 5k from hitting rotation C reward and with the rotation for them being ABCCCCC.... should be able to get decent amount of higher end rewards. Biggest thing I noticed with the new shield mobs is that they will fuck with Limbo's bubble, they aren't considered to be in his plane if they get inside forcing you to drop your bubble as I was unable to damage them with it up.

Vorph

Have they said anything more about the new daily tribute system? I haven't been logging in or paying attention to wf news at all lately.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
New tribute system is in, so far its been just normal crappy rewards for the between milestones but I do know you are offered choices at the 50 day milestones now so I think you can pick up those 500+ day rewards if you want them more now. Steve also made mention on his stream Fortuna is roughly 4 weeks out.

Also just found out the bonus damage mods on the alerts are client based so everyone has a different frame and weapon damage bonus. The mod rewards are very rare it seems as well, did a 9 C reward excavation and nothing but endo, 25k total in direct endo and statues. I'd expect amber stars to also be worth plat in some form at the rate these statues drop.

They also changed dragon keys, can apparently now equip all four and do solo vault runs.

Finally, there's a new prologue quest that gives you a new weapon takes 1k ducats, galatine, and some eidolon shards to make.

Last edited:

Vorph

Yeah, the mods are a 2%/2.5%/3.5% (A/B/C) drop.

Edit: Wow, those are some awesome fileservers DE has... currently peaking at ~0.5% of my total bandwidth. It's never great, but this is absurd.

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
The elite alerts clearly have some kind of bug. I was innaros with 8000 hp (not full but at at least 6k) and i got one shot instakilled.

that chimera prologue was some creepy shit. makes me wonder what's going on with sentients.

I ended up building that paracesis or whatever sword. dunno if it's worth it but the quest seems to ask for it so i thought I'd build it and start to forma it.