Warframe

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
Mob levels are based on the overall power of your mods on your gear. Newbie 1-20 will have low end mods that might have 1-2 points and maybe some silver mods. 20-40 they expect you to have higher ranking in your mods, so an example be serration where it should be power rank 5-9 which is almost 100% more damage to your riffle. Adding in a few of the more rare mods like streamline and flow on your Frame help make your skills cost less and more of a energy pool. 40-60 they expect you to have a good chunk of maxed mods and good synergy going with them and maybe even formaed a few of your pieces of gear. Everything above 60+ is making sure you are putting in the best, maxing out damage mods, knowing how to make elemental combos on your weapons etc. Only time you will see 60+ is sorties.

Sortie 1 is 40-60, 2 is 60-80 and 3 is 80-100

Caliane

see, thats kindof the thing. Lol, poe, dota2, etc.
Poe you have 24 character slots by default. been playing for years and never filled that up.
This game is clearly built around you having many warframes, and weapons, leveling up is even tied to it.

Stash tabs in poe, dont effect progress. And even if we did say, you wont run out of your default 4 tabs super quickly. you can easily play an entire league before running out of your basic 4. I ran out of weapon slots at mastery rank 3. like 2 days of playing.
It would be like if PoE had one stash tab by default. and, that one stash tab didnt reset every league.

Because that is a big part of it as well. buying stash tabs in poe feels like a permanent addition. you get fresh ones every league. Poe adds new items to the game, I dont need to buy new stash tabs to hold them. If warframe adds new warframes, or weapons, I DO need to buy new tabs, to house them.
Its essentially the same as LoL and dota. with in game currency to unlock new heroes, and cash shop for cosmetics for them. But, again, here the absurd additional layer of character slots.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You aren't supposed to keep those weapons. You level them to 30 and sell them off to make room for the next one; the only purpose they serve is to give you mastery rank. The game gives you 50p to start (which can't be traded btw), so you should spend it on a warframe slot and 2 (x2) weapon slots.

And even after all the changes/improvements to Plains, I highly advise staying out of there as a new player. The only thing it offers is a couple key mods that pretty much everyone playing for a long time has hundreds of and will give you for free. Do the star chart.

I've played a ton of f2p games and while Warframe does kind of make you feel like you need to spend at least a little bit it's by far the best value for the buck out of any of them. There are people who play it without spending a dime too. I tend to buy whenever I get a -75% coupon from the daily login, and because that coupon exists I refuse to buy at any other time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could see it being confusing, however, that you're supposed to sell off MR fodder. The game doesn't say "max this weapon and sell it cause it's shit."

I agree though. I got a 75% coupon and bought the 1000 plat pack for $10. Bought a color palette pack (think it came with 4?), a bunch of slots, and one mod (ironically it was Corrosive Projection which I couldn't find an alert for ever, but now have 3 copies a couple weeks later). I ended up using a few bucks of PUBG money to grab a few hundred more and it should be enough for me to keep every single frame and something like 70 weapons. If I got another 75% coupon, I might buy another 1000 plat. But I really don't need it. It goes a long way.

Edit: Speaking of color packs, buy the Valentine's one this week for 1 credit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I could see it being confusing, however, that you're supposed to sell off MR fodder. The game doesn't say "max this weapon and sell it cause it's shit."
Then DE decides to buff stuff across the board. It's not foolproof.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
True, but that's why I said you can rebuild almost all of them (mostly quest related ones that you can't).

And then it comes back to the whole, "any weapons can be forma'd and modded for end game." DE decided to make the Broken Scepter from TWW the best weapon in the game and you sold it? Oh well, you just use something else. It's the reason I don't sell any frames or prime weapons. At the very least a prime weapon should be above average.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been powering through this, got The War Within done, that really opens up a lot. It also makes me realize I need a bunch of focus to get caught up. Watching riven'd Scoliac runs of Adaro makes me jelly, my savage Atterax Banshee has nowhere near that range. Sorties are a breeze, so I hope their revamp of trials is something challenging and endgame, like actual mmo raids, or Destiny 1 raids (and doesn't take years to release). The free Riven mod they gave after TWW ended up being for Opticor, so I"m rerolling that now, one of my favorite guns.

This game has so much to do for newer players, it's overwhelming almost at times and I lose track of the main progression, kinda like Skyrim for me. Is there an FoH clan or group of people who play regularly? Joined a mega clan with everything unlocked for now, but the people are mostly dumb.

Fiftyfour

Is there an FoH clan or group of people who play regularly? Joined a mega clan with everything unlocked for now, but the people are mostly dumb.

There is a FOH clan although it seems as though only 10 or so are active at the moment. If you're interested just post up your in game name and I'm sure one of us will add you. I'd also grab the Hema if you can from your current clan, don't think we will be getting around to unlocking that anytime soon (we're also missing a couple archwing pieces and an archwing weapon if you care about that stuff).

atalakas

Someone whos on throw me a clan invite please, i play mostly on xbox but need a clan for pc, IGN is Atal

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sounds like I'm enjoying this game a lot more than most of you (or you all burnt out a long time ago).

I'm now the highest MR player in the Clan, despite having only started about 3 months ago.

Vorph

Got about 1.2k hours into it so I come and go as they add interesting content. Lately that just means I hop on for a little while when Baro actually sells something I need. Mirage and both her prime weapons are garbage tier imo (and I was bitter that she jumped the line ahead of Zephyr) so that did nothing to get me hooked again.

The fact that I currently have almost no credits or plat and the daily login keeps giving me -20% coupons over and over and over sure isn't helping either.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I think I just hit 25 days of logging in but I'm hooked. MR6 and just maxed out my second frame tonight, Oberon. Just started saturn in the star chart. It's pretty sweet throwing out a clone of yourself as a volt to have him cast those speed buffs and shields etc. I can see myself getting every damned item and blopidity bloop in the next year.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You higher than MR 22, Gravel?
Currently MR19. Checked the Clan roster and highest was 18.

I'm guessing you're not in the FoH clan?

I'll probably end up leaving soon. For instance, the probability of us ever finishing Hema is probably zero. Ditto with Itzal.

Vorph

I like Mirage prime, i think it's the best looking warframe in the game.
She might look good, but there isn't a single game mode I'd ever drag her out for. I didn't even like playing her before Synoid Simulor got nerfed into the ground.

And yeah, I was highest or tied at highest at MR18 when I took my break. I've got like 60-70 things built and waiting to be claimed and ranked up but just can't be arsed to do it. Especially without any plat to buy boosts, I never do any sort of grinding without at least 3 of the 4 going. I think all that fodder would only take me to MR20 or maybe barely into 21 anyway, and once you're above the MR needed to equip everything in the game it seems a far better use of time to just forma the shit out of the best stuff.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
She might look good, but there isn't a single game mode I'd ever drag her out for.
Isn't that the case for quite a few of the warframes though? Same thing probably goes for nezha, nyx, vauban, titania? Could easily argue for others too. I mean, I get what you're saying, but Mirage at least does some useful things (worse than others but still usable), different than say Vauban who is both horrible to play and doesn't do much other than CC which other frames do way better.

Personally I think most frames are useless given how Octavia is the best at like 70% of the game modes (IMO!), is in the top 5 best looking frames and is also great fun to play.

Mirage Prime just wins on style points, looking wonderful while bouncing sparkly disco balls around the map.

Vorph

Yeah, you're not wrong there. I have them all (-Mirage P and Rhino P) but really only use a handful of the frames. I could get by with like 10 WF slots I guess, now that I think about it:

Frost P - excavation, sortie 2-3 defense/mobile defense

Ember P - all missions except spy/defection/excavation under level 35 or so, lith relic farming on ODD

Gara - POE (was Zephyr until Operation: Plague Star changed my mind), mobile defense/defense that are too high for Ember but below sortie 2

Loki P - spy, kuva, some sorties (I almost always solo sorties)

Inaros - a few sorties Loki can't do as well, especially that annoying as fuck rescue on the moon

Trinity P - the only frame I do PUGs with, especially leveling weapons on Hydron; solo defection (read: never, unless there's a potato BP for doing it)

Nekros P - farming materials on ~60 minute (or whenever boredom becomes too much) survivals with Desecrate, Atterax, Maiming Strike, and an AHK slide attack macro.

Equinox - meso relic farming on Jupiter/Io, easy focus farm if I cared about focus farming. Technically Ember can farm meso just as well as Equinox but I just like playing Equinox.

Nova P - grouping with people I know

Saryn P (could also be Rhino but I hate Rhino) - grouping with people who want to farm neo/axi relics as efficiently as possible (sadly I think I've gotten to do this twice)

Pretty much any deviation from that is purely out of boredom and looking to mix things up a little. I would like to like Octavia but I find the crouch spam and other song-related stuff to be about as AIDS as playing Limbo (or worse, playing with someone else playing Limbo). Maybe I'm doing it wrong. And personally I think Gara is the overall strongest frame, and I haven't even played WF since they unfucked some of the nerf to her 4. I've never gotten a first impression of a new frame so wrong as I did with her.