Warframe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Get Gram Rivens if you can, been confirmed for next the prime weapon and is a 5/5 dispo.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, I'm watching this on Lirik's stream and the space pew pew looks amazing. I might have to start playing this game now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a new open world zone (Fortuna), a new game mode (Railjack, with ship vs. ship, and crew), and a new Story quest. I bet all that comes out this year.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
DhhEmVcUYAAWh-2.jpg

0a8e1996b2.jpg

d7451e937c.jpg

d8d333fde2.jpg

975780891f.jpg

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The full 32min demo. I expect Warframe to really blow up this year, 401k watched the panel and several major streamers are now getting heavily vested into the game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, the big streamers were all paid to broadcast the event, and I think only one who would spend much time playing (as he already has been) would be Admiral Bahroo, and maybe Dans Gaming, but the rest don't have the attention span to keep playing (Lirik, Waffle, etc).

That concept art for the frame with the arm claws looks pretty similar to an Ember deluxe skin that we never got.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, the big streamers were all paid to broadcast the event, and I think only one who would spend much time playing (as he already has been) would be Admiral Bahroo, and maybe Dans Gaming, but the rest don't have the attention span to keep playing (Lirik, Waffle, etc).

That concept art for the frame with the arm claws looks pretty similar to an Ember deluxe skin that we never got.

Cohh has pretty much stated he wants to pursue partner program and the guys from Dropped Frames though yes Lirik is the walking sponsor pay check, we'll see how long it lasts but I think it's hard for anyone to ignore what DE put out at Tennocon. They pretty much took a huge dump on Destiny and Star Citizen, hopefully they realize Railjack is one of the best ideas they've had and expand it as it finally gives me the one thing I've wanted from Archwing since the beginning.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Cohh has pretty much stated he wants to pursue partner program and the guys from Dropped Frames though yes Lirik is the walking sponsor pay check, we'll see how long it lasts but I think it's hard for anyone to ignore what DE put out at Tennocon. They pretty much took a huge dump on Destiny and Star Citizen, hopefully they realize Railjack is one of the best ideas they've had and expand it as it finally gives me the one thing I've wanted from Archwing since the beginning.
Yeah, maybe but I'm not holding my breath until it comes out, what they had shown looked amazing, but I'm not sure how much fun it will be to play it. All the group content has been generally a buggy mess. Archwing has been the red headed step child for ages now. At this point I'd be much happier to see additions to tilesets so you don't run through the same 5 rooms three times per level.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Archwings are just not fun to farm mods for. I can't bring myself to work for the mods for them or level them. I groan any time I see an alert that involves them. I've yet to finish the quest chain where you have to fight a boss with one.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Archwing does tend to be a lover it or hate it mode, I personally really enjoy it and just casually leveling all the frames/weapons up I picked up just about every mod for it. I will say their is a stark contrast between starting archwing and actually having the good guns and mods, it's night and day which hopefully they can address a bit. Once you get things like Fluctus or Imperator Vandal along with the reach mod on melee it feels way better.

Here's some vods of Steve doing the prototype for Railjack as well and how he did it.

Last edited:

Ladro

Anomaly
I wish I could get into this, it looks really cool, but the number of frames and all the shit you have to figure out is extremely overwhelming.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish I could get into this, it looks really cool, but the number of frames and all the shit you have to figure out is extremely overwhelming.
It does have a pretty easy entry though, you don't really need to start min/max til later on, well after you've decided if you like the game or not. Download it, play Excalibur and shoot shit.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
It does have a pretty easy entry though, you don't really need to start min/max til later on, well after you've decided if you like the game or not. Download it, play Excalibur and shoot shit.

Pretty much this, plus there should be plenty of short youtube videos on new player traps to avoid as well. Community is also very helpful with a whole chat section devoted to providing answers to any questions you have along with an incredibly detailed Wiki that I would say if you enjoy the initial experience its worth going through and using as a reference for where to get certain frames and mods to drop or weapon stat breakdowns.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
RE: Excalibur -- Make sure you do this. The other starter frames are kind of poop.

I started with Mag, and during the first few intro missions life was tough. Then I got to grips with Mag and developed a playstyle. Ripping dudes into walls and then hosing them down while they staggered around trying to get upright became the way I'd play her, and it was extremely effective. Dodge around, avoid a direct fire-fight until I could pull a few, then step out and go to town. Later on I only used Mag when I was facing Corpus enemies with high shield values and just blew them all up with Shield Polarize, which I believe is not a thing any more. This process made it a shit load easier to learn other squishy frames. Once you've played Rhino, you can very easily get stuck in a certain playstyle and stagnate the game for yourself. So I do agree that Excal is a great starter frame, I also DON'T agree that you MUST use Excal.

Learning Warframes systems and their interactions has always been the most fun aspect of the game for me. I have extremely fond memories of starting out, coming to grips with damage types, mod fusion and acquiring mods to make shit do what I wanted it to do.

There's no better time to start Warframe than right now, always.

PS: Can we get a Warframe chat in Discord, please?