Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I believe the founders packs start tomorrow.

Classes announced by lead designer Brent Ellison

"Here is the official list of basic (non-elite, non-hero) classes that are guaranteed for launch. More will be coming down the line!

Space Marines
Tactical
Devastator
Assault
Apothecary
Orks
Shoota
'Eavy/Loota (final name TBD)
Stormboy
Painboy
Chaos
Tactical
Havoc
Raptor
Aspiring Sorcerer
Eldar
Dire Avenger
Fire Dragon
Dark Reaper
Swooping Hawk
Howling Banshee
Striking Scorpion
Warlock

You may be asking, "Why do the Eldar have more classes than anyone else?" Hold on, I'll tell you...

A Space Marine (or Ork, or Chaos) class is very flexible - for example a Tactical marine can be excellent at mid-range anti-infantry with a boltgun, be a short-range vehicle killer with a meltagun or take the sniper role with a Stalker Bolter. An Assault Marine performs a very different function depending on whether they equip a Jump Pack or a Storm Shield and a Devastator can be in the front lines with a Multi-Melta or stand far at the back with a Lascannon. They can also modify their accessories to get more accuracy, survivability, etc., in their role.

The unique flavor of Eldar Aspects, on the other hand, is that they are very specialized. A Swooping Hawk's job is always to fly overhead and take out infantry, while a Dark Reaper tries to stay as far away from their targets as possible. So while the Eldar have as much customization as the other factions, it's spread across a larger number of classes and there are fewer combat roles per class.

Our goal is to do justice to each faction, so rather than try to cram the same system into the Eldar, we opted to widen their class selection in order to give them the roles they needed to be competitive on the battlefield.

Why isn't (my favorite unit) on the list?

In some cases, we want certain units to be an elite or hero class due to the power it has on the battlefield, and this is just a list of the basic classes that cost no RP to spawn. We will give you more updates on elites and heroes as production continues. Here's a hint: with a few exceptions, if it's an elite or HQ in the books, it's probably going to be considered an elite or hero in EC!

Other units may center around gameplay roles that we don't plan on featuring prominently at launch - for example, on-the-fly teleporting or extreme sniping. We plan to add these mechanics later, but we already have a lot on our plate putting the rest of the roles in place and making sure they're as good as they can be.

Isn't this list a little different from the last time I saw it?

If you're referring to a certain leaked email from a certain studio head that went out on Friday, that was a pre-confirmation list that needed to be checked with all the relevant parties before going out, so yes, it changed!

Honestly, we wanted to make sure that we could commit to everything we put out there and when I wrote that email we were only 80% sure on the Striking Scorpion for launch. Based on discussions with the art team and Eldar players' feedback we dug deeper into the scope and decided that we could push to a 100% commitment at launch. But uh, don't expect that to work every time!"

Izo

Tranny Chaser
what is this game
rrr_img_69796.png

Purge the heretic.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This game is still being made?
Are you thinking of the THQ game, or were you thinking that Behaviour Interactive wouldn't be able to get this out of development hell? (which is perfectly valid as I've wondered the same thing myself)

EDIT: NM, I see your post on page 1, lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game will never make it if I keep forgetting about it until 6 months later when they have an update.

That said, Fire Dragon.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Love me some Wh40K, but their site looks a bit amateur. Has anyone followed this enough to pass a premature verdict?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Love me some Wh40K, but their site looks a bit amateur. Has anyone followed this enough to pass a premature verdict?
If the recent post THQ warhammer games are any indication this is going to be a steaming pile of dogshit.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
That weak founders shit has pretty much lost me as a potential buyer at release. What kind of a shitshow wants 450 bucks for a beta key?

It'd have to be a fucking STELLAR beta response before I even look at it now.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone actually playing this right now and have an opinion on if it's worth it?

JFC I think AlexiFL/Tidbit wrote the fucking FAQ.

Why they want money if they game is already founded?
Because fan asked for a founder program to be involved in the game development. The game will recive more found and will be improved and will recive better feedback.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That weak founders shit has pretty much lost me as a potential buyer at release. What kind of a shitshow wants 450 bucks for a beta key?

It'd have to be a fucking STELLAR beta response before I even look at it now.
This reminds of two different games, STO and MWO. I can remember when they offered the Champions Online lifetime sub offer that came with STO closed beta access...and then as the close date for CB approached, all of the people who had bought the CO lifetime sub started freaking out because they weren't getting into CB. People who got CB access from giveaways and promotions were getting in, but not the people who spent ($150 was it?) on the CO sub simply for STO CB access. The forums were a magnificent shitshow up until about the last week and finally the Devs started addressing the situation - and they had the cojones to actually say that the promotion never specified WHEN they would get into CB, or for how long. If memory serves a lot of people only got into CB with 1-3 days left before CB was shut down in prep for OB. After that I swore that I would never pay for beta access.

MWO had Founders Packs too, and people ended up regretting buying them once the game released. I almost bought one but I had to ask myself if the game was or ever would be the game I was really looking for, and the answer was no. To date it still doesn't have community warfare, is 'just' an FPS and is a complete and utter cash shop of a game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone actually playing this right now and have an opinion on if it's worth it?

JFC I think AlexiFL/Tidbit wrote the fucking FAQ.

Why they want money if they game is already founded?
Because fan asked for a founder program to be involved in the game development. The game will recive more found and will be improved and will recive better feedback.
It looks like a fan wrote that. Not that the devs have any more reputation for anything at this point of course.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looooooooooot of gameplay in here. For 2+ years out I'm actually pretty impressed, from a gameplay standpoint. At like 19something minutes there's an execution. Just skip to 5mins in if you don't wanna hear Joe's bullshit