Warhammer 40k

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
With the Khorne codex coming out, and with all the new models, I think I'm going to start a fresh Khorne army from scratch.

Termies are a definite choice. Maybe some of the new possessed.

Any other ideas?

I know it's probably bad even thinking about it before a new Dex even lands....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Dunno what will change from normal CSM, but Bersekers and rhinos? Master of Execution seems solid and I love my Dark Apostles in my little iron fortress.
Warp talons/raptors as a deep strike threat?

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
Probably wouldn't be safe to buy anything that Death Guard or Thousand Sons don't share with the generic chaos codex. If they don't have access to something, probably a safe bet World Eaters won't either.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Newest units always equal most OP units. Its how they sell more shit every time there's an update or new release.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Dunno what will change from normal CSM, but Bersekers and rhinos? Master of Execution seems solid and I love my Dark Apostles in my little iron fortress.
Warp talons/raptors as a deep strike threat?

Oh I'll def get Zerkers. I have old ones and I'm tired of how comical they look.

There's the new DP so maybe I'll get one of those.

But overall I guess the new units mostly came with CSM, so I'm trying to think what else they might release but I also don't know that there's any 'hidden' release that hasn't been hinted at yet.

Venomcrawler might not be necessary; World Eaters have enough low AP attacks already, I guess

Maulerfiend maybe? But then I start thinking about Forge World stuff. 1-3 Blood Slaughterers might be interesting.

Or a Decimator...dual soul burner petards for the MWs, that might be more 'meta' but part of me wants to run a pure melee one. But then I'm like "why not run classic Dreads?" if I want to run melee ones?

Debating if a Khorne Lord Discordant is thematic in a way I could picture

I really hate the no jumpack Lords.

Lord of Skulls - I just can't stand how it looks. Not sure why.

I def need to think about Fast Attack. I do want some units with that sort of capability. But not sure if if I want bikes/Raptors/Warp Talons, or what exactly.

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I would guess they wouldn't get Venomcrawlers, because of the +1 to psykers "fluff".
Yeah, I didn't have a jump pack lord, but my Sorc all of a sudden got worse spells and less mobility.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New squat tank looks silly but cool. Makes me almost glad I'm rural so I don't waste money with no players.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New squat tank looks silly but cool. Makes me almost glad I'm rural so I don't waste money with no players.

Aside from one box of 10 in Kill Team, I can't find a single thing about the new squats on the GW website.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aside from one box of 10 in Kill Team, I can't find a single thing about the new squats on the GW website.
Think it's on social media because that's edgy current thing Instead of running a decent web page. Saw it on a 40k related Instagram last night

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think it looks dumb, but if it sells, it sells.

1662069894260.png

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am looking forward to squats and had been setting aside hobby money for them, but hoo boy are they gonna be silly on launch. Was kind of hoping they'd launch shitty so that they wouldn't get the Warhammer community doomsaying reputation right off the bat

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This looks dope. Horus Heresy. Good mix of the creepy Warhammer vibe and not doing too much.

q4zo69kMsqAskToK.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am looking forward to squats and had been setting aside hobby money for them, but hoo boy are they gonna be silly on launch. Was kind of hoping they'd launch shitty so that they wouldn't get the Warhammer community doomsaying reputation right off the bat
1662121786323.jpeg

I’d buy a whole squad of these guys for my Guard.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Fuck yes

This was some of my favorite Chaos art of all time

Regime Regime p33 in the old 2nd edition codex

1662153010546.png

1662152933383.png