Warhammer 40k

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That's the only reason I subbed to them. And FUCK was it a pain in the ass.

I created a new account and bought a gift card, which I then gifted to myself. I clicked on the redeem email, but I was logged out at the time and it created some sort of 'account linking' loop that could never resolve. I couldn't log into the account because whenever I got to the login prompt, the account linking bullshit would take over. I'm not some sort of webdev, and I didn't want to clear my cache, so I emailed GW support.

It took them 5 days to answer and it was your typical worthless answer that was the equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and back on again"

Well, it really wasn't even that. It was basically "just log into your account and..." except 'bitch did you miss the part where I can't log in?'

I tried clearing data site by site, but that wasn't working, so I got pissed and just nuked my cache from orbit. So now I get to spend the next week or two relogging into various sites and getting to fuck around with redoing a fuckton of authentication.

Now, that *DID* fix the account linking issue, but then when I went into the account to redeem the card, select miniature AND enter payment method (I had hoped the gift card would prevent me from having to enter CC info but alas, you still have to) I got a LITERAL error that said something like "sorry there's nurglings in the system". That ended up being a new script tied to the CC processor that popped up 'late' and NoScript got involved. Somehow it added the redeemed gift card to my account, but I couldn't find where it specifically stated that, and the previous error made me start the redemption process from scratch. I got through it eventually but FFS, that was way more difficult than it ever needed to be.

But this is GW so it might just be par for the course.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever send out the first model?

violet-parr-drinking.gif

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh nice they finally sell actual boxes of blade guard vets instead of trying to force the Indomitus box on you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh nice they finally sell actual boxes of blade guard vets instead of trying to force the Indomitus box on you.
One of the models I was to pick up a couple pro painted and shelf them since I'm crude and clumsy and dont even play. Just tell people I want to be a space marine when I grow up. But for some reason the imperial eagle and Inquisition sticker/patch on everything gets me funny looks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's the only reason I subbed to them. And FUCK was it a pain in the ass.

I created a new account and bought a gift card, which I then gifted to myself. I clicked on the redeem email, but I was logged out at the time and it created some sort of 'account linking' loop that could never resolve. I couldn't log into the account because whenever I got to the login prompt, the account linking bullshit would take over. I'm not some sort of webdev, and I didn't want to clear my cache, so I emailed GW support.

It took them 5 days to answer and it was your typical worthless answer that was the equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and back on again"

Well, it really wasn't even that. It was basically "just log into your account and..." except 'bitch did you miss the part where I can't log in?'

I tried clearing data site by site, but that wasn't working, so I got pissed and just nuked my cache from orbit. So now I get to spend the next week or two relogging into various sites and getting to fuck around with redoing a fuckton of authentication.

Now, that *DID* fix the account linking issue, but then when I went into the account to redeem the card, select miniature AND enter payment method (I had hoped the gift card would prevent me from having to enter CC info but alas, you still have to) I got a LITERAL error that said something like "sorry there's nurglings in the system". That ended up being a new script tied to the CC processor that popped up 'late' and NoScript got involved. Somehow it added the redeemed gift card to my account, but I couldn't find where it specifically stated that, and the previous error made me start the redemption process from scratch. I got through it eventually but FFS, that was way more difficult than it ever needed to be.

But this is GW so it might just be par for the course.
I signed up for the model.

They are shipping it next month.
Must… have

him….to sit on top of my pile of shame.
AEC0F2B3-331F-4E08-AAA3-D0362485E9CD.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1662680464924.jpeg

Couldn’t resist my official store.

76FB361F-637F-49A4-B4DD-80EC00A4C48F.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They know if they'd just sell pre painted ones they'd take off on sales right

This shit takes an entire year

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Every humanoid prepainted mini Ive seen looks even worse than I paint

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Imperium40k issue 8-11 arrived

Necron Lord
Paints/paintbrush/binder for the notes
Necron warriors and scarab x2

8A9BF564-DFB7-4237-B60B-473E9CD914AF.jpeg
0894E738-BE5B-4A3F-83F0-BFBD2C8D2D94.jpeg

• 3Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Imperium guys sent me extra Necron warriors but not issue 10. I talked to customer service and they were cool af.

They sent me an extra issue 10 and extra 11. I got a fuck of extra warriors out of this deal. I also got sukik sukik on board.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We shall scour the galaxy clean of beardless weaklings

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Of course. Gotta sell the new hotness. Balance be damned.

Well I hope they don't get treated the same way Knights got treated when they first released, were really good, then got fucked shortly after when the new edition dropped (if memory serves)