Warhammer 40k

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At some point I found a link to a lot of the Codexs to be viewed for free online somewhere on FoH. I don't play the tabletop, I don't (yet) read the books but I do like the lore. Anyone have a link?
I don't know what you are talking about.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
If you really like the books I would esp recommend the audiobooks, a lot available on line tthe rest grab em through something like audible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1587051326920.png

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
What kind of person paints components before sticking them together?

Tons of people, depending on the model, painting in subassemblies is almost always recommended especially to ensure you get to the good places.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tons of people, depending on the model, painting in subassemblies is almost always recommended especially to ensure you get to the good places.
Sounds like a good way to get glue all over your paint!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What kind of person paints components before sticking them together?
Pretty much every professional painter I know? I suck so I don't but it's basically how the majority of show painters do it now a days.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like a good way to get glue all over your paint!
Only if you are a fucking idiot and have hot dogs for fingers. If you have the hand eye co-ordination to paint something why can't you glue something?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I paint in sub assemblies. It's actually way easier that way a lot of times. The guy I'm painting now isn't glued yet. I just stuck the pieces on with putty to take a picture =p

Astartes WIP 1.jpg

• 1Like

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Especially if you airbrush, allows you to paint individual blends/areas without overspray on areas you don't want it. I am painting 2 Invictors right now and each armor panel, weapons, chassis are all seperate for painting.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think im going to try this again. With a Sisters of Battle Army. I am also highly interested in a Tyranid army.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
9th Edition trailer released and some of the new features of the 9th edition are covered on an embedded video in the new wh40k website but nothing really substantial. Hopefully price wise the package set will be similar to Dark Imperium.

Trailer

• 1Like