Warhammer 40k

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
There are events for 40k as well.

A lot of people I have met have varying social anxiety issues. Don't let that stop you from enjoying the hobby. Most cities and areas have Facebook groups that allow you to find games pretty easy.

There's also a decent add on for Tabletop Simulator that some friends of mine use all the time.

Not sure what city you are in but I have buddies in NYC, Boston, San Diego and Des Moines who are good opponents who play, if you are around there shoot me a PM and I can get you their email addresses so you have an opponent!
Wrong country but thanks I appreciate it :)

There may be events but my point is that MTG has weekly events in every games store that carries MTG worldwide. When I went to Games Workshop I got "oh yeah play whoever, you sort it out".

The culture isn't competitive, from the games designers to the players. It's a dimension to the game that I think it suffers from not exploiting.

Long term I think it's going to struggle to survive against things people can easily stream themselves doing.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are in Australia or the UK I have buddies there playing as well :). Look for clubs, not GW stores.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Not sure why you didn't post a link but here it is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Edit: apparently my phone was pulling up the Australian store with an MSRP of $345 and showing sold out. Looks like US preorders will go live 10am PST.

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Indomitus sold out in like 3 minutes, as all Limited-run internet collectibles do, and yet the internet continues to be utterly shocked by this.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Indomitus sold out in like 3 minutes, as all Limited-run internet collectibles do, and yet the internet continues to be utterly shocked by this.

Not shocked just a little miffed after the (paraphrasing) "everyone that wants a box will be able to get one" comments during the build up hype. There are also stories of GW screwing over their brick and mortar locations by cancelling their agreed upon orders and limiting the local shops to only 45 copies at the last minute.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, USA got their allocation cut. It's kind of weird coming to Warhammer from basically every other hobby, and the inversion there. Normally in hobbies it's the USA getting everything and Europe getting buggered XD

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
yeah I know tons of people who tried right at 10am didnt get a box, I have one reserved from FLGS but I wanted a 2nd, oh well.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I assume they'll be announcing the actual 9th ed starter box a week after this ships anyhow. Probably cut a dozen models, toss in some dice and a rangefinder, and put the actual unlimited run starter at $160.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess GW fucked LGSs all the ones around here confirmed orders then got a call that they where gonna get maybe 50% or less of what they ordered, buddy who owns a shot had 150 pre-orders and ended up with 45.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have any experience with Blackstone Fortress? The Hero Quest's reprint's $30 shipping and sales tax kind of turned me off to it since I still have my original and saw that Blackstone Fortress is basically the evolution of the quest series. The final Xpac for it just came out and I'm a bit nervous GW will out of print it and I'll be kicking myself for not snagging it like the 2018 Killteam starter set.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hero quest reprint?
unnamed.jpg

Tell me more.