Warhammer 40k

Chris

Potato del Grande
Weird and won’t be allowed in a competitive sanctioned event, but if you aren’t doing that then just make stuff that will be fun and make you happy.
Well is Deathwatch allowed? Because it's that with white/gold not black/silver.

I am concerned about being tournament legal.

My other idea is Omega Marines and just paint it Alpha Legion colours but say it's Ultramarine successors and not elaborate further lol.

I really like the blue over silver colour that gives the light blue a subtle metallic effect.

silver-hydras-roboute-guilliman-v0-n8lkeazt4cdb1.jpg

No one gives a shit about your army story but you. If it looks cool, looks cohesive and is a legal list you can paint them whatever you want and the worst thing that will happen is no one else will think they look cool.

If you're looking for random people to take an interest in your fanfic and follow you on Instagram you'll need to grow tits.
You misunderstand me. I don't care about explaining my fanfic, that's why I'm hesitant about the theme.

I read some guides on how to make a custom chapter and there were a lot of things to avoid, mostly around making a Mary Sue bestest ever chapter. I think I took it to heart too much as top of every list was "don't make a lost primarch chapter" when the lost legions are explicitly there for you to make them lol.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well is Deathwatch allowed? Because it's that with white/gold not black/silver.

I am concerned about being tournament legal.

My other idea is Omega Marines and just paint it Alpha Legion colours but say it's Ultramarine successors and not elaborate further lol.

View attachment 501043

You misunderstand me. I don't care about explaining my fanfic, that's why I'm hesitant about the theme.

I read some guides on how to make a custom chapter and there were a lot of things to avoid, mostly around making a Mary Sue bestest ever chapter. I think I took it to heart too much as top of every list was "don't make a lost primarch chapter" when the lost legions are explicitly there for you to make them lol.
I don't understand what you're asking then. It really doesn't matter what colors you use as long as it's a legal list to play. You can come up with a justification in lore if you want, or don't. If you want to make a deathwatch but another color, that's fine.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't understand what you're asking then. It really doesn't matter what colors you use as long as it's a legal list to play. You can come up with a justification in lore if you want, or don't. If you want to make a deathwatch but another color, that's fine.
Basically, if your opponent turned up with this theme, would you cringe or think it's shit or against the rules?

I don't want to waste time and money on a shit idea.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Basically, if your opponent turned up with this theme, would you cringe or think it's shit or against the rules?

I don't want to waste time and money on a shit idea.

I feel like the reason you keep asking is because you don't like it? It doesn't exist in lore and contradicts how he's portrayed in the real stories and the implication that the ultramarines are now legion plus strength again, other than a few forays with specific ultra chapters like the white consuls.

You can't run Guilliman with deathwatch units in a detachment because he has the ultramarines keyword. Otherwise you can paint your "ultramarines" in any colors you want with deathwatch bits and use any detachment they have access to.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I feel like the reason you keep asking is because you don't like it? It doesn't exist in lore and contradicts how he's portrayed in the real stories and the implication that the ultramarines are now legion plus strength again, other than a few forays with specific ultra chapters like the white consuls.

You can't run Guilliman with deathwatch units in a detachment because he has the ultramarines keyword. Otherwise you can paint your "ultramarines" in any colors you want with deathwatch bits and use any detachment they have access to.
I'm going to run it as Ultramarines, it isn't Deathwatch just a similar idea to let me use all the chapter specific upgrade bitz I want.

I just get an idea sometimes and get stubborn about it, so need a reality check.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm going to run it as Ultramarines, it isn't Deathwatch just a similar idea to let me use all the chapter specific upgrade bitz I want.

I just get an idea sometimes and get stubborn about it, so need a reality check.
No one is going to care about it like you do. If you want them to think its cool, learn to paint well. If you want them to 'care' about your army, use established lore.

In my experience, full on 'custom' chapters don't provide the necessary external inspiration for most people to work through collecting 2-3k+ points, building and painting and updating over the years. They end up getting bored when they see constant cool new models and books and art for other chapters, plus how other people get excited for new releases around each others' army, and they eventually get caught up in other projects or ideas.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
OK in my final stages of planning my Space Marines Chapter, need someone to call me a faggot if my idea is stupid. There's a TLDR at the end if you don't want my thought process.

First idea was each squad being from a different chapter so I could have White Scars Bikes and Blood Angles Jump Packs and not have to choose a specific chapter. Apparently a competitive no to do this and a cohesive look would be better anyway.

Second idea was a chapter that took inspiration from The Emperor's original legions, with each company being based on a first founding chapter and having their shoulderpad/colour but otherwise silver colour scheme. I realised it's too convoluted and I'd have to explain it every time I play.

Third idea was to just do Ultramarines and then I could use the characters which sounds better for competitive. That's too simple though, I like to do something a little extra.

So TLDR my fourth idea is to have a Deathwatch style chapter, but it's inverted colours (white/gold/chapter shoulderpad) and Gulliman's personal honour guard drawn from all chapters. That way I can say "it's like Deathwatch" to explain it and also get to use Gulliman and maybe other characters.

The concept exists in 30k (Invictarius) and in 40k (Vitrix) but just for Ultramarines, so I'm just making a slight iteration on it. Thinking of calling them the Invictarius Guard.

I don't want to make a Mary Sue Chapter so is this gay?

Unless you're playing someone else doing something like this, I think you're going to have to love getting owned or do something else

Would be cool if it worked ofc

• 1WTF

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Don't get what you are saying here?

Take it or leave it

I think dedicating some vehicles to Iron Hands, bringing in some Knights, and an inceptor team of Ultras sounds buck nasty and all or whatever ye're doin there is kew

Chris

Potato del Grande
Take it or leave it

I think dedicating some vehicles to Iron Hands, bringing in some Knights, and an inceptor team of Ultras sounds buck nasty and all or whatever ye're doin there is kew
Er thanks? Are you bradding it up today?

• 1Worf

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any suggestions for touching this neck up? I'm thinking a notch below to chin plate. Its s chaos Sorcerer in Terminator Armor kitbasked int a 1k sons Sorcerer in Terminator Armor with extra bits from my 1k sons Terminator kit. I want to get some paint on him soon. Head wasn't a perfect fit, so I made it work.

Attachments

• 20231120_162025.jpg
    20231120_162025.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231120_162002.jpg
    20231120_162002.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 16

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Any suggestions for touching this neck up? I'm thinking a notch below to chin plate. Its s chaos Sorcerer in Terminator Armor kitbasked int a 1k sons Sorcerer in Terminator Armor with extra bits from my 1k sons Terminator kit. I want to get some paint on him soon. Head wasn't a perfect fit, so I made it work.
Jewelers chain wrap

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Well shit, I thought I posted it here.

Earlier this month I won the monthly Kill Team Tournament at my LGS, playing as Chaos Cultists.

In the three rounds we played, I faced Legionary, Blooded, and another Legionary player in that order. I had never faced Legionary in my one year of playing Kill Team. Both Legionary players almost beat me as within that kill team there is a psyker that does a massive AOE nuke and both of them took out a significant portion (both the amount of operatives, and important ones) of my team. I was able to claw back in both games and went 3-0 in the tournament.

20231129_102914.jpg

While I know these 6 arent all 40k, that is from left to right Malagor, Ikit, Skarbrand, Karl Franz, Gotrek, and Ungrim.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
not seeing where I can add my landspeeder typhoon in this new app

1702315186704.png

do I have to buy another codex and enter the code, or what?

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well generally you have to pay for codexes still I think? In this case the Typhoon moved to legends so that's possibly why. Lots of stuff got cut.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Well generally you have to pay for codexes still I think? In this case the Typhoon moved to legends so that's possibly why. Lots of stuff got cut.

Ya for adding Legends units to app.... guess I'll be lookin' around for how to on that.

And relics are gone? Just got my codexes finally.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ya for adding Legends units to app.... guess I'll be lookin' around for how to on that.

And relics are gone? Just got my codexes finally.
Yes them too IIRC. It's all gaymaris or transgaymaris now.

• 1Worf