Warhammer 40k

Sterling

El Presidente
We had a dude that had like 2k points of eldar spirit shit that was all like pastel pinks and blues that was actually really well painted. His main army was Chaos Space Marines though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Incidentally, GW apparently recently took in some consulting from people who worked with WOTC. Part of the reason they killed off so many kits in AoS is because they have decided to reorient to slimmer product offerings with a 5-6 year lifespan, in order to make people buy more rotational kits that fall out of the game.

Seems like their fingerprints are all over recent events, so this might be true.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The female custodes is all ideology driven. No surprise since they're a bunch of woke brits backed by some ESG/DEI pushing megacorps.

Games workshop as a business isn't very interested attracting new players in the way they conduct themselves. They want to keep milking the same group of already loyal fans. And the way they are going about this will likely cost them more fans than it gains them. The NPCs on Twitter that incessantly bloviate about weird progressive identity politcs arent going start buying GWs overpriced models.

The sad thing is that WH40k already has a pretty diverse cast of factions and characters, but not in the way the DEI crowd can recognize it. They need everything to be stupidly simple. Every faction must have one of each. Every faction must embrace the rainbow.

They'll take an interesting grimdark universe and water it down, so that even the dumbest progressive can see that it checks all the right boxes.
Far more financially accessible hobbies still can't recoup sacrificing once valued IPs to a >1% of alphabet narcissists on twitter who already proved they don't actually put their money where their annoying mouths are, so ignoring the ESG/DEI funding, or not even, Games Workshop really is oblivious to their own pricing.

I swear, these companies might as well just sell their entire stake to the megacorps if they're just going to effectively burn their most value properties to the ground anyways.
This is precisely why gatekeeping hobbies is a necessity because modern degenerates manage to infect everything.

Also, the clueless irony of the closest real life equivalent to a Slaanesh cultists as a Space Marines theme.

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Incidentally, GW apparently recently took in some consulting from people who worked with WOTC. Part of the reason they killed off so many kits in AoS is because they have decided to reorient to slimmer product offerings with a 5-6 year lifespan, in order to make people buy more rotational kits that fall out of the game.

Seems like their fingerprints are all over recent events, so this might be true.

GW made their direction public on Twitter now almost 4 years ago.
We will continue to diversify the cast of characters we portray through miniatures, art and storytelling so everyone can find representation and heroes they can relate to.

And if you feel the same way, wherever and whoever you are, we're glad you are part of the Warhammer community. If not, you will not be missed.

warhammer is for everyone.jpg

• 1NPC

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love the "Warhammer is for everyone" beginning and the "If not, you will not be missed" end.
The far left is blind to their own hypocrisy most of the time. Nothing they say or do is rational, it’s generally all about “feels” and opinions.

I had big plans to make one last go at painting a selection of one-off models to display and remember my nearly 3 decades in the hobby, but I’m not going to do it anymore.

Clown world strikes again.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goonsquad Officer
folk can easily just play an older edition if they like the game. the models are about to get real cheap on ebay anyway heh.

not that you even need to do that with 3d printing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
folk can easily just play an older edition if they like the game. the models are about to get real cheap on ebay anyway heh.

not that you even need to do that with 3d printing.
I was thinking about playing 9th the other day. At the end of it, it seemed fairly balanced... with world eaters being a little bit on the insane side of things, but not un-manageable.

Goonsquad Officer
It's a lot like dnd. Just play the version you like. You don't have to play microtransaction dnd.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The thing GW seems to do better than others is model quality at their current scale, combined with relatively easy assembly. But I have seen some very nice models coming out of 3d printers.

I'd buy a 3d printer, but I don't have time to assemble and paint the stuff I already have in boxes.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
The thing GW seems to do better than others is model quality at their current scale, combined with relatively easy assembly. But I have seen some very nice models coming out of 3d printers.

I'd buy a 3d printer, but I don't have time to assemble and paint the stuff I already have in boxes.
yea i recon they're scrambling to make some money and court "A NEW AUDIENCE" before 3d printers render the 90 dollar box of plastic men irrelevant.