WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

spronk

FPS noob
to me the most interesting thing is WB directly going to a TV show for one of their heavy hitting properties. Harry Potter is still huge, they have at least one or two video games coming out in 2-3 years, there is the theme park, and Fantastic Beasts is still churning out more movies. Its interesting that they are basically launching a full scale reboot and anchoring it all with a TV show instead of a movie, like most studios did in the past. If they can get a Filoni type to build an interesting world and characters they could have another mega franchise.

In 10 years will most entertainment debut as streaming service exclusives? Seems likely at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

WB have done that in the past (TV as a vehicle to promote future film). Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles for instance.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I personally thought her response during the whole “tweet gate” shit was warped into something it wasn’t and took on a life of its own.
JK is not anti gay or transgender. She just believes in 2 genders. That a boy can't biologically become a girl or a girl a boy. For that she has been just piledrived to hell by the rainbow people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
No chance. She's under heavy pressure and recieved a solid gut punch. The show needs to be a continuation of her apology.

Weren't a few characters from the books retconned as gay?

She hasn't apologised for shit, if anything she's doubled down

She's too big to cancel and she knows it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
On the one hand... too late. On the other.. at least because it's Rowling we know it will keep the bullshit to 2015 amounts?
hopefully they dont have Dumbledore chugging student cocks or they turn Hermione into a black female which she has already done.
JK Rowling has revealed her frustration at online reaction by “a bunch of racists” to news that the role of Hermione will be played by a black actress in the eagerly awaited new play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
Rowling has pointed out that there is no reason why Hermione should be white. The books don’t explicitly mention her race or skin colour, and she is often portrayed as black in fan art.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doubled down indeed.

So much for that guff.
i'm sure Chris Colombus must have loved hearing that after he went through half of the UK trying to find the Hermione that was very specifically described in the book as a curly haired white girl. Rowling is a nut and a much worse tinkerer of her own works than Lucas. at least he never turned Luke into a fag.

• 1Like

Goatface

"The release of 'Wonder Woman 1984' helped drive our domestic HBO Max and HBO subscribers to more than 41 million, a full two years faster than our initial forecast,” says AT&T CEO John Stankey.​

The final few weeks of 2020 proved invaluable for WarnerMedia's HBO Max. The streaming service, buoyed by an eight-months-in-the-making distribution deal with Roku and the Christmas Day release of Wonder Woman 1984, ended the year with 17.17 million activated users, AT&T disclosed on Wednesday.

HBO Max now reaches 37.665 million total subscribers. That compares with 28.7 million subscribers, including 8.6 million activated users, as of the end of September and 34.6 million as of the end of 2019.

Combined, HBO and HBO Max had 41.5 million U.S. subscribers as of the end of 2020, compared with 38.0 million as of the end of September.

"The release of Wonder Woman 1984 helped drive our domestic HBO Max and HBO subscribers to more than 41 million, a full two years faster than our initial forecast," said AT&T CEO John Stankey.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Immediate value that doesn't seem worth it, but if they think market share is a hit fast or go home resource then the bean counters will overvalue the hell out of a couple million earlier.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I bet 35 out of that 41 million threw up in their mouths after watching that disaster.

Still worried what the HBO Max release is going to mean for Dune and a potential "part 2". But I also hope Hollywood burns so it's a catch-22, just because I want both Dune films.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Goatface

1613660421827.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
WTF?

I love Constantine. I still watch it all the time. It is amazing.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Peter Stormare elevates everything he's in.

1613683331526.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users