Wasteland 3

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have raised my fist shouting at the heavens a few times due to that damn button. Especially as we are now in an age when some things do indeed just suddenly pop up one day as a 'surprise' release.

Exactly this. For some damn reason, I knew the release date was the 27th, but because of that stupid fucking button, I thought that maybe they had done a "suprise cockfags!" release.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I backed it and played the beta. Similar to WL2 but improved in most ways. UI, mechanics, production value, etc. This should be great.

If there is a way to join the Gippers (worshippers of Ronald Reagan) I'm in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hope it has UW 21:9 support - just got a new monitor and want to put it through its paces with this game

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Loved 2, buying this just to support such quality. I'll get to it when I can.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hope it has UW 21:9 support - just got a new monitor and want to put it through its paces with this game
One thing I wish it had but don't think it does is cross save from PC Gamepass to Xbone. (Edit: Found confirmation from inXile on reddit, it is not a Play Anywhere title. :( )

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Downloaded it off gamepass. I don't like the windows store much, but man, gamepass has some crazy value since it actually gives access to brand new $60 games. This is a game I would have bought anyways, so getting it for "free" on gamepass is like getting 5ish months of gamepass for free. Since a new game I want to play is usually out every 4-5 months, the service kind of pays for itself. With MS buying up so many studios and having a focus on any xbox exclusive also being on PC, the service will most likely only get better as well.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I don't think they're doing themselves a favour with that price tag.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded it off gamepass. I don't like the windows store much, but man, gamepass has some crazy value since it actually gives access to brand new $60 games. This is a game I would have bought anyways, so getting it for "free" on gamepass is like getting 5ish months of gamepass for free. Since a new game I want to play is usually out every 4-5 months, the service kind of pays for itself. With MS buying up so many studios and having a focus on any xbox exclusive also being on PC, the service will most likely only get better as well.
Ya the Xbox app for pc is absolutely terrible, but it’s a great value for stuff like this.

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So far, really great. Got party full, first city explored and my leader is a l33t sniper boi. Loving the weapon and armor variety too. Can’t believe this only cost me a buck to play

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I spent like 30 mins making my characters and then after doing the intro bit spent another 45 mins REMAKING my characters...

On a related sidenote the faces they have are terrible.

• 1Worf

Caliane

Watched Cohn play for a bit. Looks amazing. I didn't actually play wasteland2. (or 1)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Watched Cohn play for a bit. Looks amazing. I didn't actually play wasteland2. (or 1)

Wasteland 2 is absolutely worth it. Really good game, though quite large. 60-80+ hours. (Do not need to play it to play this, it just fleshes out backstory/events from what I've heard)

I played this for just a few hours. Tried it with a controller as well. Automatically picks up you are using a PS4 controller (like Wasteland 2 did) and uses the right icons which is a plus. Better inventory and control management than 2 as well. The only UI issues I have is that changing between icons is not instant ( delays for a few seconds before showing the item + description when marking a new item ) and in character creation, when using a controller, selecting a face puts you at the next selection (skin tone), however, to select a new face you need to either L2 or R2 to swap pages of the faces, or press back (square or B) which puts you back to the menu having to select face again. Not a big issue, but annoying. Thankfully not noticed anything when actually playing it / in the inventory, that had the same problems. So controller seems to work just fine and not something to worry about if anyone is considering a console version.

A++++ feature = shared inventory. No more having to inventory management swap bullets around to characters that use different weapons and such. That was a hassle in Wasteland 2. Don't think there is a weight management system in this, not that I've noticed yet at least.

PS: Cohh found a bug yesterday with skill books (Brian Fargo was in his chat, and saw the bug, it will get fixed).

Skills require more points as you get more of them, so level 3 = 3 points, then Level 4 = 6, then 5= 9 or some such. When using a skill book, it automatically gives +1 level regardless of points required for next level. What Cohh noticed is that if you for instance have 3 levels in mechanic, then +2 from two accessories, when you use a skill book, you get +1 level but it counts the points from the level after the +2. So you don't get a "level" per se, but as many "points" required to level you to to the next one. Those points are then added to your base stats.

At level 3 + 2, he used a skill book and suddenly was at level 8 because the points required for level 6 was enough to fill in 2 previous levels.

• 2Like

Crone

If I start out with a pre-made team, am I going to gimp myself? I'm sure there will soon be, if not already, some min/max guides out there, but does it really matter? Was just going to go with the father/daughter team to get some melee + sniper action going? That bad?

Vorph

Whether it really matters much depends on what difficulty you're playing, but characters without quirks are definitely gimped.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Somewhat OT; but you should really not use your MS account for *anything*. They're just as unreasonable on account termination as twitch is

German, but probably worth the read through google translate:

best part is a guy whose actual last name violates their word filter, therefore he found his decade old account one day renamed at random and he can't change it back. There is no support, no human interaction, no human supervision, and they decide you've done something wrong within one service, they'll lock you out of all services. No phone number on skype? Locked out of xbox live.