Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
DJJzUa2VoAI0BL8.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Fired up the ham radio this afternoon, hurricane watch is in full effect. The local club takes over a full convention center (OK it's a small town) to work it as they practice it every year since Katrina.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
No idea if any of you are south of where I live (Sarasota) but it took 14 hours to get to 66 miles NW of Tallahassee.

If you are planning on going now would be a good time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
No idea if any of you are south of where I live (Sarasota) but it took 14 hours to get to 66 miles NW of Tallahassee.

If you are planning on going now would be a good time.

My best friend was evacuating my hometown of Coral Springs, and spent the night here (Kissimmee) on her way up to Georgia. I can get to her house in 2 hours 45 minutes, took her 6 and a half hours to get up the Turnpike to me last night. I am sure that 95 is just as bad.

I was living on my own, for the first time, for one month in 2004 when we got hit by Charlie. I was in a third floor apartment (top floor) and our roof came in, in two places, and the ceiling was so full of water it was sprinkling on me inside no matter where I was. We wound up being homeless for the better part of a month, traveling from place to place since everything was damaged and all the apartments in the UCF area were full up. Since then I have vowed to never live on the top or bottom floor of an apartment ever again. No flooding, no ceilings getting fucked for me. Now I am in a second floor apartment with only two windows, both of which face north. Much more confident about my living situation now, MY BODY IS READY IRMA, ROUND 2, LETS GO FLORIDA HURRICANES!

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Fucking westward shift. As of now we're planning on staying in Orlando. Our house was built in 2003 so it's got a decent roof on it. At least if this thing cuts up the state it will weaken some. All of my neighbors and coworkers are staying. My only concern is that I have young kids so they'll likely panic along with my wife, and I'm sick... this will be "fun".

My in laws are preaching doom and gloom along with the destruction of Florida and want to leave but they won't go unless we do. They wanted to evacuate on Wednesday lol. They've got my wife worked up enough to where she called me crying this afternoon.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
My best friend was evacuating my hometown of Coral Springs, and spent the night here (Kissimmee) on her way up to Georgia. I can get to her house in 2 hours 45 minutes, took her 6 and a half hours to get up the Turnpike to me last night. I am sure that 95 is just as bad.

I was living on my own, for the first time, for one month in 2004 when we got hit by Charlie. I was in a third floor apartment (top floor) and our roof came in, in two places, and the ceiling was so full of water it was sprinkling on me inside no matter where I was. We wound up being homeless for the better part of a month, traveling from place to place since everything was damaged and all the apartments in the UCF area were full up. Since then I have vowed to never live on the top or bottom floor of an apartment ever again. No flooding, no ceilings getting fucked for me. Now I am in a second floor apartment with only two windows, both of which face north. Much more confident about my living situation now, MY BODY IS READY IRMA, ROUND 2, LETS GO FLORIDA HURRICANES!
God, Charlie. I was in a 2nd floor apartment for that and I remember my building shaking.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seeing lots of people with the "oh shit" realization all the sudden. The same ones who were like "fuck this I'm riding it out" 24 hours ago.

Dumb asses.

This isn't an earthquake, you knew what was coming. Only takes a couple minutes to Google a category 5 hurricane and realize you don't want to be anywhere near it. I don't give a shit about your hurricane shutters or what your house is made of.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They are evacuating everyone to Orlando. Makes me hope we are going to be scary but okay here.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
k12 colleges and universities throughout all of florida now closed, northern schools will be used as shelters / staging areas

• 2Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
They are evacuating everyone to Orlando. Makes me hope we are going to be scary but okay here.
It will be scary for sure but by the time it gets here it won't be as severe. My wife's office and mine are business as usual and open tomorrow. Come to think of it, school is open tomorrow to in Orange County.

• 2Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Seeing lots of people with the "oh shit" realization all the sudden. The same ones who were like "fuck this I'm riding it out" 24 hours ago.

Dumb asses.

This isn't an earthquake, you knew what was coming. Only takes a couple minutes to Google a category 5 hurricane and realize you don't want to be anywhere near it. I don't give a shit about your hurricane shutters or what your house is made of.
Anyone in south Florida or in the coastal evac zones that wanted to ride it out have gone full retard

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Irma going straight up the peehole.
Soygen, i don't think irma believes FD(you are not a monk (or a hunter if you play wow)...st maartin & barbados both tried and failed miserably...stay safe though. i'd offer someone a place to stay, but i am most likely too far north for it to be a reasonable offer (~20 hr drive to Orlando from/To my house)
Bro, Hurricanes are AoEs which mean it completely ignores FD.

• 14Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Does Florida not have contraflow on the interstates? At least here every so often they have barricades that can go out to push contraflow into one direction ready to go.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in Cape Coral, and this shits a roller coaster of emotions. Tuesday I was pretty worried. Yesterday everything shit East and I relaxed. Today we're back west, and I'm pretty uncomfortable. We've got shutters and everything up, have supplies.

Very uneasy. Possibility of chalking me up on that +1!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I too am down in Sarasota, I drove up to Tampa tonight to visit a friend and the traffic was fine on I-75, if shit looks like its gonna be super aids then I will drive up north if needed but we can see over the next day or two if that is necessary.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity