Weather

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
These dudes all share one common characteristic. How fascinating!
one guy is even wearing pants during the summer! da fuq?

i mean i wear jeans when i'm fixing up the lawn, but thats cuz i'm allergic to mosquito bites and look like i get beatup by the wife w/ everybite.

also i got bitten on my fucking ankle, fucking mosquitoes! that's bone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
UKMET was pretty accurate in Irma.

Jose.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Sister said there was no flooding at my house. Lots of trees and power lines down around town. Some screens out art the house and that's about it

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like they major bombed this. This is why people don't evacuate. Past couple days they are talking about this thing going to Alabama and it's going out to the Atlantic

• 1Like

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Kiroy Kiroy ill give you this one.

5 dead, 3195 to go.
False alarm it was a pine branch, you're back to 4. The trees behind my house got jacked up, but since this went up the west coast they were blowing away from my house. The chainsaw is going to earn it's keep tomorrow.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We made it okay. Still no power since last night. Lots of tree branches down around the property. There is a big ass tree right next to my living room that thankfully dropped branches but didn't crush my apartment. Tons of trees near where we park and thankfully none of our cars got crushed.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Glad my FL bros are ok. Uncle lives in Pompano and he hunkered down for the 'fireworks'. I'm glad it did very little.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Walked around and surveyed some of the damage in our apartment building. There are lots of big trees here and some of them got ripped in half crushing the fence in multiple places and car ports. Really it's just lucky our building didn't get crushed.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Went out to take pictures but curfew is still in effect so came home.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
@edko when can we expect pictures - also please keep an eye out for bodies my number needs inflating.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well a plant fell over at my place, and the power went out for like 30 seconds once last night. I am trying to recover though. If anyone wants to donate a couple of 1080 GTX cards it would help ease the pain.

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So it looks like irma's fondling of cuba helped blunt its impact in florida a good bit which is good. Still there are going to be areas like after charlie that are going to take a week + to get power back and florida when it is wet/hot with no power is pretty damn nasty.

I think getting people to evacuate was still the right call. With storms like this there are just so many variables on damage that you can't really know what you are going to get until it is about on top of you and at that point its almost to late to do anything but huddle and pray.

Showing the areas like tampa where the water was blown out of the bay is a good way to visualize how strong the storm was and if it had taken a different track it could have pushed that much water and more INTO tampa bay just as easily.

I will be curious about tornado damage it sounded like this storm was spawning a whole mess of them all over the place and I would be a fair number of fatalities may wind up being from those and not the hurricane directly.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Well a plant fell over at my place, and the power went out for like 30 seconds once last night. I am trying to recover though. If anyone wants to donate a couple of 1080 GTX cards it would help ease the pain.

Lucky. I didn't see anything with power on in town either. Minor flooding out here too.

6 million with out power.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So it looks like irma's fondling of cuba helped blunt its impact in florida a good bit which is good. Still there are going to be areas like after charlie that are going to take a week + to get power back and florida when it is wet/hot with no power is pretty damn nasty.

I think getting people to evacuate was still the right call. With storms like this there are just so many variables on damage that you can't really know what you are going to get until it is about on top of you and at that point its almost to late to do anything but huddle and pray.

Showing the areas like tampa where the water was blown out of the bay is a good way to visualize how strong the storm was and if it had taken a different track it could have pushed that much water and more INTO tampa bay just as easily.

I will be curious about tornado damage it sounded like this storm was spawning a whole mess of them all over the place and I would be a fair number of fatalities may wind up being from those and not the hurricane directly.

Yeah just because this didn't end up being the storm of the century with a trail of death, rape, and looting behind doesn't mean it didn't have the potential to fuck your shit up. It's like seeing a gang of American Inventors on the side of the road, sure you can keep walking but it would still be smarter to cross the street.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup the fact it seems like it did not really lay the smack down on florida was likely due to the extra time it spent grinding on cuba. The problem with hurricanes is due to their spinning you can project where they probably are go but they can speed up/slow down like this one did that really saved the asses of places like tampa. Had it stayed off the coast instead of jogging inland towards orlando the pictures from tampa would have been a whole lot scarier.

Given the amount of people involved you need to get them moving if they are going to evac days in advance and even with a big storm like irma its just a real crap shoot what you will get damage wise on the ground in any particular area.

• 1Like