Weather

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are talking about 50s for lows here early next week. Must be some Day After Tomorrow shit happening up north.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Woke up to beautiful sheet of ice over everything, and then that's covered by three inches of snow. Morning commute is going to suck donkey balls. I'll have no trouble, but so many people are so bad a driving in the snow.

You rocking Grave Digger or what?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Snowed here, radar shows a band of snow from here in MS down across Houston to Laredo. That's a big patch of snow for this area.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

vGrade

Potato del Grande
North ga here. Surprised they kept schools open today. Early closing announced just 2 hours after. Bet the teachers loved that. Were getting the whole dick of this storm

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Light dusting in houston.

7lrTcV5F-52886476.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

24796583_1742506172723756_7538580388706331738_n.jpg
Big snow/ice here in MS. Power went out so I laid down to take a nap. I couldn't sleep for the sound of "gunfire" going off. Pine limbs snapping every 2 minutes made it sound like gunfire. Oddly enough power came back on already. I had the generator and fire going so no big deal, but was unusually fast. It's the ice every time, not the snow. Had one pine tree 16" in diameter it snapped off about 10' up. Not even limbs, got enough weight leaning over it just snapped like a twig.

The little town down the road 15 minutes made a big deal this week they were going to have a Christmas production tonight and had rented some snow machines so they would have snow. Nice use of money there.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
We got 12” snow in fucking Ga and power has been out since Friday @ 3:30. Stupid weather people said light dusting to maybe 2” on grass and elevated surfaces. Sigh I need their job always wrong and no one gets fired.

• 1Like

Borzak

Drove up the interstate today about 15 miless to a small town. They didn't get any snow, talked to a few people who said nope. None left on houses or in fields. We got close to a foot of snow plus ice and all the houses still covered in snow and fields as well. Now I have 5 acres of limbs to pick up. Just odd for how much we got and they got nothing that close. Went outside to go this morning and notice neighbor is still running generator. His house and ours both come in the back way and our line goes further. But he's still out. Not sure how his line went down and not ours considering they come together to the pole.

• 1Like

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Power finally came on this morning as I just finished putting on my boot after 64 hours being out. Said screw it didnt get a weekend so I stayed home today and had to throw out all the food in the fridge/freezer and the deep freeze today that we did not try to salvage by putting it in the snow. I hate snow in the south, up north no big deal they know how to deal with it.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Drove up the interstate today about 15 miless to a small town. They didn't get any snow, talked to a few people who said nope. None left on houses or in fields. We got close to a foot of snow plus ice and all the houses still covered in snow and fields as well. Now I have 5 acres of limbs to pick up. Just odd for how much we got and they got nothing that close. Went outside to go this morning and notice neighbor is still running generator. His house and ours both come in the back way and our line goes further. But he's still out. Not sure how his line went down and not ours considering they come together to the pole.
Reminds me of a time I showed up to work on a house and the owner was bitching the power was out since 9pm the night before. No storms, nothing.
I noticed lights and tvs on in the neighborhood, opened up his panel box and his mains were blown.
First and only time I've ever seen 2 cooked 100 amp fuses. They turned into basically sand.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Was -25 C (-13 F) when I got up this morning.

Few more of these days and I'll be forced to clean my garage enough to fit the car in there.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah it's gonna be 5-15F here for the next 10 days or so which isn't too bad but it's gonna be windy every day too and that makes the walk to/from work not so pleasant...

• 1Like

Borzak

Raining and 30 here now. Next week the forecast calls for rain all day and 20F. That's a new one on me.

• 1Like

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
minus 13 F here last night too. Like a dope I forgot to plug in my 5 ton diesel the day before. It took half a can of ether to get fired up, won't make that mistake again 'til the next time.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Global warming my ass. I'd have to go back ~40 years to remember temps this early and so low for my area for recent and the next 10 days. 20's high and single digit lows and winds 10-15 mph everyday. We sometimes get a few days like that but never a solid week+ straight and if we do it is late Jan/Feb.

• 1Like

Cybsled

You do realize global warming doesn't mean everything gets warmer 100% of the time, right?

Anyways, this weather sucks. Negative degrees not even counting windchill ;/