Weather

Oldbased

> Than U
I love this man.

Yes, Cybsled, I realize the bullshit of last years mild winter being because of global warming. This years deep freeze, because of global warming. Anything that happens, because of global warming. People can fuck right off with that Al Gore PAID scientists or no grant money research bullshit. FUCK THEM RIGHT IN THE ASSHOLE.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I first read about global warming actually causing cooling in Eroupe/ East US coast probably 10 years ago in Scientific american. For a good explanation you can see a more recent article How Climate Change Could Jam The World's Ocean Circulation that doesn't get into any save the Earth mess. The short version is that warming slows down the oceanic currents that bring warm water north causing cooling in the north and additional warming int the south.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Take the climate change shit to the climate change thread.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
75 degrees and sunny tomorrow here in SoCal. So glad I moved last winter.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm trying to weigh if extreme humid summers and frigid cold snaps is better or worse than 75 on New Years but raging fire infernos, busting damns, Kimmy boy bio targeting and the possibility of a earthquake dumping you and 8 billion tons of concrete and illegals into the ocean on top of you are all possible.

It's close, I won't lie.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
FB_IMG_1514524063075.jpg

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The thing I don't like about those records is they go by specific dates exclusively. "-17 new record low! Insanity!" meanwhile the record low for 2 days later or earlier is -29 from 74 years ago.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
This been posted? Dude takes a pot of boiling water into the winds at Mount Washington Observation post & it turns to snow in the winds.

Oldbased

> Than U
I just self spoiled GoT. This whole year between this cold and Cali burning was just a song of fire and ice.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yuck. The plan was to go see some family 200 miles away for New Years and see the Star Wars movie but I'm thinking that might be out.

forecast.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just self spoiled GoT. This whole year between this cold and Cali burning was just a song of fire and ice.
what? fires are still going on? oh well that just means more out of work illegal mexicans when it comes around to harvest time, god is good.

Oldbased

> Than U
All right you shits, listen up. It has arrived and will only get much worse the next week. I hope everyone stays warm.

yashits.png

• 1Barf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol 60 in south Florida. I can almost guarantee they're all walking around with more clothes on than the people in the NE and middle-North.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We're going to have so many many blacked out drunks dead of exposure new years day.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
We're going to have so many many blacked out drunks dead of exposure new years day.
Already had one in my town the other night and another in Glasgow was a lady found frozen to death in a parking lot of all places.
Thinking about doing a 3am snapshot of the temps like above each day for the next 6 days although the worst will be the following 72 hours from now. After that it lets up. Some.
Still debating trapping the stray that comes for dinner at night. Box has foam on 3 sides and top glued to it, a K&N heated bed and I have a 100 watt personal heater I'll add if he actually starts using any of it.

cat.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
32F raining, low of 17 tonight, new years eve. Sounds like a wonderful combination.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Woke up and was -12. It's warmed up to 8, but tonight going to be cold as fuck. Good thing I don't give a fuck about New Years Eve celebrations lol.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Last night 3am ESTish
Just now 3am ESTish
I did catch that cat in the trap right at midnight EST. It nearly broke it's neck in the 4 minutes it took me to go out and bring it in and then it ran full speed into the glass french door. It's been causally walking around the shop and resting for 3 hours now. Not 20 minutes after I got it in my motion alert picked up ANOTHER adult cat on the patio. I felt bad because I brought all the food in with the trap. It is 9 outside currently with a -2 windchill. It looks like this peaks tonight ( Monday ) but then returns again by Friday.

night1.png

night2.png

• 1Like