Weather

Oldbased

> Than U
Update- Cold as shit.
Stray cat still wild locked in shop but I have 24/7 cams in there.
Cat shredded a cat bed I put in there for him. Chewed it into little pieces and hauled it behind a box while I was out today. I was scared he was eating it when watching video.
Turns out he was hauling it to a dark corner and made a burrow bed out of it.
Not sure if amazing survival skills or just stupid.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Typical weather forecast. Last night was 17f and forecast for tonight was low of 20f. It's 33f here at 4am. Don't think it's going to make 20f lol. Also zero chance of percipitation. It's been snowing for at least the last 4 hours.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Snowing in Charleston, SC! Wtf, that does not happen often at all. Guess I will try to enjoy it. KRA!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I know it is just snow but it is pretty rare for this part of the country.

20180103_122719.jpg
20180103_122714.jpg

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wifes car would not start last night, picked her up, bought a new battery (first time, usually just bring to mechanic, but figured we should do stuff), cold cranking amps??? drove her back to work this morning, tried car again, still wouldnt start, changed battery... started.

man, it's too fucking cold to worry about this shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Boring as fuck.
That's why you drive to the Sierras. Surfing at 6am and in a snowstorm a few hours later. If I get bored of that I can drive another few hours to be in Death Valley for some under the stars, no tent camping.

Mammoth had some of their worst snow and it was still some of the best skiing in the country over the Holiday. Waiting on that New Year Blizzard so I can really go spend some more time there.

This really is a Hellscape.

• 1Like

Cybsled

wifes car would not start last night, picked her up, bought a new battery (first time, usually just bring to mechanic, but figured we should do stuff), cold cranking amps??? drove her back to work this morning, tried car again, still wouldnt start, changed battery... started.

man, it's too fucking cold to worry about this shit.

That's why you get a manual for really cold areas. Even if battery gets drained, you can jump start your car by popping the clutch.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
UK just had a lovely storm which had me replacing slate tiles at 4am. Thanks Jesus.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My cousin's literally building snowmen in Savannah Georgia today

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Snowed in Port Fourchon for a good part of the morning. It's southern most point in Louisiana you can drive on, right on the gulf. About as far south as Daytona Beach and further south than San Antonio. Odd day. Be a really odd day to be offshore working on a rig in the gulf and have snow, which you can see them from Port Fourchon.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Had 7.5" inches of snow drop here in Summerville, SC. That much snow is really amazing and 900+ wrecks too. We are just not prepared with the equipment to handle weather like this, so it really shuts us down.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
7.5" at once is about where even us midwesterners start to get affected by it. good luck down there.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
My entire office decided not to show up. Including the partners. Bunch of pussies. 8 inches in NYC aint shit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My entire office decided not to show up. Including the partners. Bunch of pussies. 8 inches in NYC aint shit.
it shouldnt be , but NJ and NY public transportation is run like shit. bandaid on top of bandaid. its pretty bad with this 50mph wind gusts. blowing drifts around and causing whiteouts.

• 1Like