Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
For those who don't want to look it up, Mount Sinabung in Indonesia. No fatalities.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
MS river high and getting higher. Nothing too bad right now, but the news had a live stream talking about river levels and was titled "WATCH LIVE: Rising Mississippi". Kind of like watching paint dry by that title lol.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The high water coming down the MS river and into the Atchafalaya going to have an impact on crawfish. Blah :(

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
here we go again. over here in NJ. the italians are in full panic mode over the snowstorm headed our way.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
here we go again. over here in NJ. the italians are in full panic mode over the snowstorm headed our way.

Never lost power here, but a bunch in the county did, and quite a few still have no power. I've lived in North Jersey my entire life, and It seems like these power failures just get more and more frequent. 20 years ago it was super rare to lose your power more than a day here. The last 5 think we have lost it about 5-6 times for more than a day. Lost it for a week with that early Halloween storm the year before Sandy, and then 3 days from Sandy a year later.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Never lost power here, but a bunch in the county did, and quite a few still have no power. I've lived in North Jersey my entire life, and It seems like these power failures just get more and more frequent. 20 years ago it was super rare to lose your power more than a day here. The last 5 think we have lost it about 5-6 times for more than a day. Lost it for a week with that early Halloween storm the year before Sandy, and then 3 days from Sandy a year later.
Its weird here too, the power seems to go out the day after one of these storms. Sandy knocked power out for a week. it sucked because it got really cold after and the temp in the house was low 40s.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its weird here too, the power seems to go out the day after one of these storms. Sandy knocked power out for a week. it sucked because it got really cold after and the temp in the house was low 40s.

Yup. Cold was the worst part of it after that storm. Pulling the trigger this spring on a standby generator. I've had it with sweating power outages from these storms.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Twenty-three inches from the 'Nor'easter' last week and the storm that is rolling up the coast is slated to drop another 12-20 on our heads. (North-Eastern Pennsylvania)

They still have not towed/pulled all of the abandoned cars off of the highways and now we are going to get it again. Lots of fun.

• 1Solidarity

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Storm exploded here in NJ. Had 3 inches of snow at 1pm. Roughly at 14 inches now.

28871818_1427036390740673_4541649872222158848_n.jpg

28782989_1427036330740679_3642609979040464896_n.jpg

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Could this be an example of the failing US infrastructure everyone is always talking about?

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Storm exploded here in NJ. Had 3 inches of snow at 1pm. Roughly at 14 inches now.
suddenly being in Kansas, doesn't sound so bad, however had tornado mph winds yesterday.

My fucking grill was almost in my neighbors yard, now i know chains aren't to keep ppl from stealing yo grills, it's to stop em from being a tornado weapon.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
suddenly being in Kansas, doesn't sound so bad, however had tornado mph winds yesterday.

My fucking grill was almost in my neighbors yard, now i know chains aren't to keep ppl from stealing yo grills, it's to stop em from being a tornado weapon.

Fuck that. I'll take the snow... Not a damn thing you can do in that kind of wind.

Just heard on the news a teacher was struck by lightning, during this snowstorm in Ocean county. I don't think i've heard that happening before.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
We went from snow melting on contact, to full snow sticking at like 4PM on the Eastern CT shoreline. Drive home at 6:10 sucked, and now the power is flickering every 5 minutes. Shit god badddd.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was on the temperature line for that storm, barely got 3 inches before it turned to rain and wiped it away at dawn. Global warming making sure i don't have to shovel anything these winters.